British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Championship Rider Final 24/09

feel sorry for MOST of the workington marras that travelled to glasgow , but not all of them lol .

no doubt glasgow can find a replacement from their own team to fill in .

get well soon craig and here,s to a safe meeting for all .

Time sick notes attracted an automatic 7 day absence regardless of the reason. All in the interests of riders wellbeing of course.

Riders with a non-speedway injury/illness can't return within 7 days unless given permission by the MC.

All the best to the injured/unwell/piss taking riders, hope your better soon.

• Like 2

All the best to the injured/unwell/piss taking riders, hope your better soon.

well said and to the point !

Must be a ban coming up then?

Yep it will just like the one for Holder

Is he riding today despite the ban?

Jake Knight must have really upset someone

Edited by The Third Man
  • Like 1

Unlike the Championship Fours, there is nothing in the Supplementary Regulations for the Championship League or National League Riders Championships that specifies which riders are to attend.

(For some reason unknown to me, Jake Knight copped for a ban though).

Unlike the Championship Fours, there is nothing in the Supplementary Regulations for the Championship League or National League Riders Championships that specifies which riders are to attend.

(For some reason unknown to me, Jake Knight copped for a ban though).

...because it's in the main NDL regs.

Apologies, you are correct. I must have missed it when I had a quick check. At least, there is consistency across the leagues!

well this just about sums up where speedway is and why even loyal diehard fans like myself are getting totally fed up

1 summers should not be riding ... the precedent was set when Larsen won and Newcastle had 3 top 10 riders ...but only 2 were allowed 'as the authorities stated extra riders were to be shared out amongst the other teams. so even though it is weakening the field other teams should be providing 2 ......... mighty convienant summers rides for Glasgow .................

2 lambert missing ......... bloody joke as hes riding in Poland .......... with his injured leg ...........

3 cook pulling out late ......... feel sorry for comets fans ........

4 Sheffield .......... graversen seriously ? ........... wheres bjerre

5 redcar - no riders ....... are you kidding me .......... why wasn't one of the fit ones ordered to ride ... with full replacement cover given to replace him

6 I'm sure howe or doolan would have ridden at the drop of a hat

I was up inn Glasgow for the 1st running and mightily relieved I haven't bothered to go tonight

this is supposed to be a professional sport ............ and it is the most amateurish of all professional teams sport in the UK ........... the promoters seriously need to get their act together in this winter and sort out a sensible league structure and a bloody simple set of common sense of rules regarding riders missing meetings with replacements allowed for legitimate reasons and bans/fines for riders (and promoters who get paid for allowing it!!!!!) who decide not to honour their commitments

well this just about sums up where speedway is and why even loyal diehard fans like myself are getting totally fed up

1 summers should not be riding ... the precedent was set when Larsen won and Newcastle had 3 top 10 riders ...but only 2 were allowed 'as the authorities stated extra riders were to be shared out amongst the other teams. so even though it is weakening the field other teams should be providing 2 ......... mighty convienant summers rides for Glasgow .................

2 lambert missing ......... bloody joke as hes riding in Poland .......... with his injured leg ...........

3 cook pulling out late ......... feel sorry for comets fans ........

4 Sheffield .......... graversen seriously ? ........... wheres bjerre

5 redcar - no riders ....... are you kidding me .......... why wasn't one of the fit ones ordered to ride ... with full replacement cover given to replace him

6 I'm sure howe or doolan would have ridden at the drop of a hat

I was up inn Glasgow for the 1st running and mightily relieved I haven't bothered to go tonight

this is supposed to be a professional sport ............ and it is the most amateurish of all professional teams sport in the UK ........... the promoters seriously need to get their act together in this winter and sort out a sensible league structure and a bloody simple set of common sense of rules regarding riders missing meetings with replacements allowed for legitimate reasons and bans/fines for riders (and promoters who get paid for allowing it!!!!!) who decide not to honour their commitments

There were 14 teams in the league then, there are only 10 teams this year, don't forget

According to Redcar they are not in the country.