British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Championship Rider Final 24/09

Well done N Morris.

Another travesty and miscarriage of justice

When you have an infallible system where every rider meets each of the others once, why on earth is the rider who amasses the highest number of points no longer the winner of these individual events

Tonight Worrall was THREE points clear of the rest of the field, yet Morris and Harris finish first and second

It's fine to say the riders know the rules and regulations before racing

But it is an injustice to fair play

I'm a Bomber fan but I would have said exactly the same had he won heat 22

The champion tonight should be Worrall

• Like 8

When you have an infallible system where every rider meets each of the others once, why on earth is the rider who amasses the highest number of points no longer the winner of these individual events

Tonight Worrall was THREE points clear of the rest of the field, yet Morris and Harris finish first and second

Could not agree more, it's ridiculous :t:

• Like 2

I remember the old NLRC as a highlight of the season held in front of packed crowds at Wimbledon, later Coventry with a wonderful atmosphere and the league's best riders fighting their hearts out for the title and for their team's supporters.

Today it was a struggle to get even one entry from certain tracks. Shame on them and their riders.

Today two of the biggest stars in the league were absent. One was too busy riding in a minor event (but no doubt more lucrative) in Poland. Shame on him.

If the other absentee suddenly overcomes his illness to ride tomorrow then shame on him.

When will these people ever think of the paying public? They deserve no support from them.

Supporters don't kill these competitions. Riders do. Shame on them all. They have a duty to their supporters to take this event seriously.

There is one night a year when it's about more than money. This for the Championship was it. This should be the league's party. Shame on those riders who couldn't be bothered to go.

Edited by Rob McCaffery
  • Like 7

Can I disagree and say ha bloody ha :lol::wink:

A brilliant ending for a rider who has lit up what was an extraordinarily tough season!

Gutted i was working and not there celebrating now with fellow Berwick fans!

• Like 1

Gutted that a rider who went through the card didn't win. But we have seen it happen many times before. Tough on Richie.

Not a fan of Nick's BUT if any team deserved a bit of success it is Berwick who have been blighted my misfortune and injury in the past few years.

I remember the old NLRC as a highlight of the season held in front of packed crowds at Wimbledon, later Coventry with a wonderful atmosphere and the league's best riders fighting their hearts out for the title and for their team's supporters.

Today it was a struggle to get even one entry from certain tracks. Shame on them and their riders.

Today two of the biggest stars in the league were absent. One was too busy riding in a minor event (but no doubt more lucrative) in Poland. Shame on him.

If the other absentee suddenly overcomes his illness to ride tomorrow then shame on him.

When will these people ever think of the paying public? They deserve no support from them.

Supporters don't kill these competitions. Riders do. Shame on them all. They have a duty to their supporters to take this event seriously.

There is one night a year when it's about more than money. This for the Championship was it. This should be the league's party. Shame on those riders who couldn't be bothered to go.

Restored my faith in Holder somewhat. He bothered to turn up when others didn't.

• Like 1

Restored my faith in Holder somewhat. He bothered to turn up when others didn't.

nobody offered him a load of money not to ride, should not have been allowed to ride after the fours anyway

Edited by The Third Man
  • Like 2

The national league has that format (no semi-final and final). I agree that the top points scorer should win the Grand Prix also.

I will look back in the record books and think Berwick have only won two riders championships and that Cookie won the Premiership riders championship.

I will think that Emil is the closest rider to Jason going to the Aussie GP and that only 3 GP's have been won by the top or joint top points scorer.

I will also think that Peterborough didn't win the fours as they didn't top their group and Sheffield didn't win the pairs either.

Well done Nick. :drink::cheers:

Surely the top three should be the top three in the averages, they show the best riders over a season, not just one meeting

Edited by The Third Man

nobody offered him a load of money not to ride, should not have been allowed to ride after the fours anyway

They all made a bad error, now dealt with, and I agree that he should have been banned but he wasn't. If British Speedway is so weak that it encourages and allows riders to choose then you need to direct your anger elsewhere. Fact is that Holder was riding while others were not.

It's reported that they are planning major work on the track over the winter. Widening the straights by taking 1 1/2 metres off the insides, bringing the bends in by two metres on the inside and, I hope, reducing the banking accordingly.

Leander interested in why you think the banking should be reduced, presumably the work being proposed is to create an inside line, giving both an inside and an outside option for racing. How would reducing the banking help? just interested in your thoughts. Edited by Fingersfin

For all the moaning w******s on this thread, it was a great night in a fabulous stadium with some excellent racing in the second half of the meeting. As has been said, delighted for Berwick and Nick Morris. Great atmosphere at the stade. Wells, Richie, Morris, Harris were class. Gutted for Stuart Robson who tried so haard to make the final. Glad all the riders were OK after an incredibly comptitive semi final.

Oh and the fireworks were good as well.

• Like 1

For all the moaning w******s on this thread, it was a great night in a fabulous stadium with some excellent racing in the second half of the meeting. As has been said, delighted for Berwick and Nick Morris. Great atmosphere at the stade. Wells, Richie, Morris, Harris were class. Gutted for Stuart Robson who tried so haard to make the final. Glad all the riders were OK after an incredibly comptitive semi final.

Oh and the fireworks were good as well.

Have to agree, but a pity about the time it took to race the semi-final but it was good to see all 4 riders were giving there all and putting on a show for the fans. It was announced that both Morris and Lawson were on there spare bikes in the semi so well done for qualifying. Also well done to the DJ getting the crowd to sing along to some old classics whilst waiting for the riders and bikes to get put back together after the semi crashes.

• Like 1