British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Championship Rider Final 24/09

I am workington supporter and have no problem with Glasgow speedway, in fact i have been quite a few times and they have some decent freindly fans.

I went last night mainly to see some good racing but was a little disappointed that there was no representative from Worky especially as Mason was in the pits with Ricky Wells and apparently there was also another rider there too.

As for last night Glasgow Speedway must be congratulated for putting on a good show for the fans, ok most of the races were processional (mainly due to the rain affected track) but the meeting was kept going very quickly.

The presentation and facilities must be one of the benchmarks that many clubs must aim for if possible.

The only sad thing is that I had to leave before the semi and final to catch my train!

• Like 2

Obviously it was three people tn camoflage gear that my friend just thought looked like people who come from Workington. :neutral:

of all the camoflage jackets a have seen at workington , they have all been blu n white . you are lucky your friend seen them , being camoflaged

ah well . thats how gossip starts . good of you to put the record straight tho . cheers .

you will know the male species from workington , they all have three legs !

Edited by jenga

you will know the male species from workington , they all have three legs !

The Milking Stool Gang as they're known
  • Like 1

Another travesty and miscarriage of justice

When you have an infallible system where every rider meets each of the others once, why on earth is the rider who amasses the highest number of points no longer the winner of these individual events

Tonight Worrall was THREE points clear of the rest of the field, yet Morris and Harris finish first and second

It's fine to say the riders know the rules and regulations before racing

But it is an injustice to fair play

I'm a Bomber fan but I would have said exactly the same had he won heat 22

The champion tonight should be Worrall

Whilst I get your point, its all about first getting in the top six, getting into the Final and then winning the Final, Nick Morris did that and deserves his title where he joins Steve McDermott and the late Wayne Brown in winning this title as a Berwick rider.

• Like 3

Just about sums up workys season,most forgettable,can't wait to see the back of it

And of course Cook would have been a genuine title contender as well and a loss to the event.

You mention about a forgettable season - hope its a better one next season. Workington have produced some brilliant teams over the years, always entertaining away from home, and some brilliant riders, e,g, Carl Stonehewer the kind of rider that when he overtook the home riders and took the win on the line etc you just had to stand and applaud. Best of luck for next season anyway.

• Like 3

Hear Cook has been banned for a week for missing last nights meeting.

• Like 1

The Milking Stool Gang as they're known

aye , no matter where they stand , they will always stand firm and never wobble . therefore aiding the pulling !

yea , its true . santa told me .

so he misses the last two away meetings for workington and what about belle vue . is that a no go as well ? lol.

we will find out tomorrow when he does or does not ride for bee e vue .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

aye , no matter where they stand , they will always stand firm and never wobble . therefore aiding the pulling !

Haha. Brilliant!!

so he misses the last two away meetings for workington and what about belle vue . is that a no go as well ? lol.

When I clicked "like" this bit wasn't there, only the milking stool line (haha). And now it has this bit about a ban all now included as a multi-quote and it won't let me unlike it. Bleh!! :neutral:

Whilst I get your point, its all about first getting in the top six, getting into the Final and then winning the Final, Nick Morris did that and deserves his title where he joins Steve McDermott and the late Wayne Brown in winning this title as a Berwick rider.

Nothing against Morris who's had a good season - followed his progress since he first appeared for Bees - but Worrall beat all the other riders, finished five points ahead of Morris

Sorry, but that ain't right to me

• Like 2

Nothing against Morris who's had a good season - followed his progress since he first appeared for Bees - but Worrall beat all the other riders, finished five points ahead of Morris

Sorry, but that ain't right to me

Can see both sides of this one

yea , its true . santa told me .

He's out.

Haha. Brilliant!!

When I clicked "like" this bit wasn't there, only the milking stool line (haha). And now it has this bit about a ban all now included as a multi-quote and it won't let me unlike it. Bleh!! :neutral:

i can only say sorry as i added the second part of the post very quickly after . as you can see by the times posted , it is the same time and we must have crossed over at roughly the same time .

i understand if you can/want to remove the like thing . i dont think for one min that you would like someone to get banned or cause a disruption in the camp .

anyone reading to posts , please bear this in mind when replying to the post .

SORRY AGAIN J2GOOD SPEEDWAY . hope this settles your mind a wee bit

and holder and others were not ! strange eh . .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

Cook has not been banned

Cook has not been banned

'Belle Vue Speedway have today been advised by the SCB/BSPA Management Committee that Craig Cook will receive a Period of Inactivity for 7 days, as per Speedway Regulation 16.5.1 f.

He will be eligible to return on Sunday 22nd October and his clubs are eligible to operate a facility in his absence. Belle Vue Speedway will therefore operate Rider Replacement at No.3.'