Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Championship Rider Final 24/09

Really!

Aye he liked it well enough last Sunday , mind you the opposition will be a great deal stiffer this week .

Aye he liked it well enough last Sunday , mind you the opposition will be a great deal stiffer this week .

With good weather ( hopefully) should be a cracker of a meeting if they all turn up!?

A fresh news item on the BSPA website today re this event and STILL no explanation of why Robert Lambert is missing - if its legitimate for whatever reason then the BSPA should say!

• Like 1

GLASGOW star Richard Lawson expects a feast of racing when the Tigers stage the SGBC Riders’ Individual at Ashfield on Sunday.

Lawson and Richie Worrall represent the home club in the prestigious event which also features top stars Craig Cook, Danny King, Chris Harris, Sam Masters and Nick Morris with riders from all ten Championship sides involved.

Lawson said: “Glasgow is a good racetrack. What they've done with the banking is great, and they've utilised the space they have in the stadium brilliantly.

“Mark my words, there will 100 per cent be great racing in this meeting. You've got number ones from every team right through the field and there are no easy heats.

“Everyone wants to win it, so it will be an amazing event - I can't wait.” GLASGOW star Richard Lawson expects a feast of racing when the Tigers stage the SGBC Riders’ Individual at Ashfield on Sunday.

Lawson and Richie Worrall represent the home club in the prestigious event which also features top stars Craig Cook, Danny King, Chris Harris, Sam Masters and Nick Morris with riders from all ten Championship sides involved.

Lawson said: “Glasgow is a good racetrack. What they've done with the banking is great, and they've utilised the space they have in the stadium brilliantly.

“Mark my words, there will 100 per cent be great racing in this meeting. You've got number ones from every team right through the field and there are no easy heats.

“Everyone wants to win it, so it will be an amazing event - I can't wait.”

I beg to differ!!!! :o:o :o

I don't like the look of the forecast for Sunday! Have they got covers?

They might get a loan of the same ones that were used for the Pairs!! :P:o:rofl::rofl:

Berwick have some going spare for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

A fresh news item on the BSPA website today re this event and STILL no explanation of why Robert Lambert is missing - if its legitimate for whatever reason then the BSPA should say!

It seems disrespectful to fans that no explanation has been given by anyone.
  • Like 1

It just seems a bit odd that no one in the know seems fit to inform the paying public why Lambert is not involved in the meeting!!

He was never listed as taking part. (unlike Holder who was listed as being in the fours until 2 days before hand).

Polish play-offs on sunday which take priority due to the usual rubbish about them being listed first. Same reason Danny King and, someone else, I seem to remember, though can't think who it was missed the PLRC at sheffield two years ago.

Personally I think it should be written into their contracts at the start of the season that they will be required to take part in these meetings regardless, should they qualify. (Injury excepted which would mean they don't ride anywhere else on the day).

The other solution would be to agree dates / stadiums for these fixtures at the November conference thus getting them in the diary BEFORE Poland thus they will have priority.

Sounds about right doesn't it? I don't see what the difference is between this situation and Holder and the Fours - as long as both riders and both promoters are treated the same then fair enough!

Ruddy typical of this sport - sadly suggests that someone is trying to hide something!

Holder signed a contract to ride in Poland AFTER he was booked to appear at Peterborough in the fours (and was used in all the advertising blurb). Lambert was NEVER listed as taking part at Glasgow. I assume he said "I'm riding in Poland" when he was offered the booking.

• Like 1

He was never listed as taking part. (unlike Holder who was listed as being in the fours until 2 days before hand).

Polish play-offs on sunday which take priority due to the usual rubbish about them being listed first. Same reason Danny King and, someone else, I seem to remember, though can't think who it was missed the PLRC at sheffield two years ago.

Personally I think it should be written into their contracts at the start of the season that they will be required to take part in these meetings regardless, should they qualify. (Injury excepted which would mean they don't ride anywhere else on the day).

The other solution would be to agree dates / stadiums for these fixtures at the November conference thus getting them in the diary BEFORE Poland thus they will have priority.

Holder signed a contract to ride in Poland AFTER he was booked to appear at Peterborough in the fours (and was used in all the advertising blurb). Lambert was NEVER listed as taking part at Glasgow. I assume he said "I'm riding in Poland" when he was offered the booking.

Have you got a fixation with Holder?..

The point I was making was about the lack of information why Lambert is not included in the line up, and why he was NEVER listed as taking part.

Edited by champs99
  • Like 1

Have you got a fixation with Holder?..

The point I was making was about the lack of information why Lambert is not included in the line up, and why he was NEVER listed as taking part.

No. That was a reply to Maneacat who compared the Holder situation to Lamberts. The point I was making is it is nothing like the situation with Holder.

Personally i wish Lambert was riding. Newcastle would then have two riders in the final, as Worral is about 5th in the averages.

The precedent was set two years ago when the likes of Danny King were allowed to miss it, to ride in Polish playoffs. I can't remember the BSPA offering an explanation then either.

Edited by leander

No. The point I was making is it is nothing like the situation with Holder.

Personally i wish Lambert was riding. Newcastle would then have two riders in the final, as Worral is about 5th in the averages.

The precedent was set two years ago when the likes of Danny King were allowed to miss it, to ride in Polish playoffs. I can't remember the BSPA offering an explanation then either.

So why is he not riding then. I presume you are saying he is riding in Poland. Surely it's not difficult for someone to explain!! Edited by champs99
  • Like 1

Pretty ropey weather forecast ,hope it changes.

So why is he not riding then. I presume you are saying he is riding in Poland. Surely it's not difficult for someone to explain!!

Lambert seems to be a law into himself regarding where and when he wants to ride!!!
  • Like 3

100% agree. However, he has qualified by his average, so it would require some sort of move by the BSPA or SCB to stop him riding. Might be that the impending (or so we believe) disciplinary meeting regarding the promoter will impact on Holder, but it seems that the promoter is going to be the one to carry the can for this episode.

Personally, I feel a 28 day ban should have been imposed regardless of his promoters consent, though I believe that the doubling up situation may have a part to play in preventing this. Wouldn't be surprised to see a tightening up of the rules in future to prevent a repeat.

It'll be interesting to see what they do decide. Not a lot would be my guess with a bit of rule tinkering in the hope of not having a Holdergate 2 with someone else. Also, as they got so upset about him missing a BSPA main event you'd have thought that they'd exclude him from any others in 2017?