British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Championship Rider Final 24/09

Can Robert Lambert now come into this meeting.

I wouldn't have thought so. If you miss the original staging, tough t*tty, as it would be harsh on those who were going to ride in it.

Edinburgh riders would only have to attend if ALL the other top riders from the other clubs will be there, no?

Can't force Sam and/or Ricky to attend if Lambert, etc, don't........

Jake knight was mean to ride in the NLRC and pulled out because he had no equipment 2 match ban and that's the Nl

Usual tosh on here from a few Weegie mischief makers, based on a few posts on Monarchs Fans FB, whilst the majority of responses on there agree it is ridiculous to expect an End of Season Dance to take precedence over any Speedway meeting.

There has never been any doubt that barring injury, Sam & Ricky will be there, as will many Monarchs fans to support them.

Edited by cyclone

Usual tosh on here from a few Weegie mischief makers, based on a few posts on Monarchs Fans FB, whilst the majority of responses on there agree it is ridiculous to expect an End of Season Dance to take precedence over any Speedway meeting.

There has never been any doubt that barring injury, Sam & Ricky will be there, as will many Monarchs fans to support them.

http://eastbourneeagles.co/news.php?extend.1141

Pretty sure they will as both professional riders

Edited by mac101

I think you'll find posters from Berwick scunthorpe and other English teams have also posted there views not just Glasgow fans. I take it the dinner dance will feature chips with everything 🍟

I think you'll find posters from Berwick scunthorpe and other English teams have also posted there views not just Glasgow fans. I take it the dinner dance will feature chips with everything 🍟

Pommes frites may well be on the menu - you'll no doubt be enjoying plenty Buckfast cocktails at your do :P .

I think you'll find posters from Berwick scunthorpe and other English teams have also posted there views not just Glasgow fans. I take it the dinner dance will feature chips with everything

Probably so, Is it only at Glasgow that fried mars bars will be on the menu? Are they served as a starter or a dessert?

Pommes frites may well be on the menu - you'll no doubt be enjoying plenty Buckfast cocktails at your do :P .

https://media.giphy.com/media/ZXKZWB13D6gFO/giphy.gif

Probably so, Is it only at Glasgow that fried mars bars will be on the menu? Are they served as a starter or a dessert?

https://media.giphy.com/media/ZqlvCTNHpqrio/giphy.gif

Edited by SharpenRake

surely lambert should be allowed to ride

whoever was his replacement comes in as a reserve

now the meeting is being restaged lambert should be back in .... no doubt the 16th rider will cover someone else

bit of a joke if one of the top riders is not allowed back in on the re-staging ..... of course this is speedway so no chance of common sense prevailing

surely lambert should be allowed to ride

whoever was his replacement comes in as a reserve

now the meeting is being restaged lambert should be back in .... no doubt the 16th rider will cover someone else

bit of a joke if one of the top riders is not allowed back in on the re-staging ..... of course this is speedway so no chance of common sense prevailing

I don't think he should come straight back into the line-up.

I would make him first reserve so if one of the teams with 2 riders in the field pulls out then he can take their place. That seems fairer to me than saying to someone who was in the original meeting that you are being kicked out for someone who couldn't be bothered to race on the original date.

• Like 2

Why stage this meeting at Glasgow? It makes no sense at all. It's a one line track so the racing isn't going to be anything special, the viewing from the new terracing is extremely poor an the stadium capacity is low.

• Like 1

Yes, very central for fans.... not!

On that basis no shared events should ever be staged at such as Somerset or Poole either according to your philosophy.

So its ok for Glasgow supporters travel each year to tracks south of the border, but its not reasonable to reciprocate for one meeting?

Maybe time to wake up and realise that there's a world out there beyond just your own back yard.

Shared events have been 'shared' around by being hosted by different tracks.

Why stage this meeting at Glasgow? It makes no sense at all. It's a one line track so the racing isn't going to be anything special

False. Perhaps if you took your blinkers off you would realise that it has produced some of the best racing anywhere.

If you go onto the Glasgow website you will see plenty videos showing examples of passing and various passing lines. Remember to take your blinkers off.

Can't do much about your apparent anti-Glasgow bias though, I'm sure when you view a pass it will appear in your eyes as if nothing happened.

Yeah, of course Shane Parker could never overtake on that track cos there were no passing lines.... :rofl:

Edited by justere2cgoodspeedway
  • Like 3

Why stage this meeting at Glasgow? It makes no sense at all. It's a one line track so the racing isn't going to be anything special, the viewing from the new terracing is extremely poor an the stadium capacity is low.

As already said look at the Glasgow website to see overtaking and different lines. Glasgow is a very fast track so some races can be strung out when you have premier riders racing against national league type riders but when riders of similar ability are on track you tend to get close racing. Heard no complaints since the new terracing went in earlier this year and the view from the new 4th bend terracing is brilliant. Capacity not a problem what with Edinburgh fans all going to there dinner dance 🍞🍟💁

• Like 1

will there be any free tickets going in glasgow for this meeting ?