British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Ipswich Ch 18/8/17 @ 7.30pm

I was just a couple of miles away this afternoon, rain was very heavy and for about 20 minutes around half 3 it was like a monsoon so not a surprise that it was called off

What a crock of sh!te. He's been dropped by more clubs than I've had hot dinners this year. In fact, if anything he's damn lucky and should be thanking his lucky stars that the Ipswich promotion are crap at maths!

All of this feeling sorry for him is getting right on my t!ts.

Sympathy from fans of other clubs I might add!!

As usual you completely miss the point. It would appear your ability to understand the situation is on a par with the Chris Louis maths and ethics handbook. Been going to Foxhall since 1970 i might add, and must say that the spiteful venom being leveled at Sedgy, who is clearly injured and not fit, has taken criticism to a new level of absurdity :rolleyes:

• Like 3

I did put something but decided to delete it.

Better deleted👍🏼

Is there the chance of covering the track at Armadale? I don't know if access is a problem, as it is with some stadiums. But the cost of rain-off meetings must be mounting up now.

As usual you completely miss the point. It would appear your ability to understand the situation is on a par with the Chris Louis maths and ethics handbook. Been going to Foxhall since 1970 i might add, and must say that the spiteful venom being leveled at Sedgy, who is clearly injured and not fit, has taken criticism to a new level of absurdity :rolleyes:

Could have something to do with the fact that he's sh1te!

When we first got him and I suggested he was a poor replacement for Covatti everyone said no he's a great signing.

How wrong can they be, currently fit or not he hasn't been good from the word go.

The only position he might be semi effective in is the only one we haven't tried yet which is no 2 (rather appropriately) then at least his meeting is over before the crunch heats.

Sedgmens poor form, injured or not will cost us in the playoffs!

Edited by Super Blue

If as he states that his shoulder hasn't been right since the early season crashes why didn't he get it sorted earlier. Why has it only been brought up in the last week if it has been going on for so long. As proved on Thursday he is a danger to the other riders as he can't handle a speedway bike at the moment and shouldn't be riding.

Club statement outlining the events leading to the postponement yesterday:-

http://www.edinburghmonarchs.co/news-centre/article/2017-08-19/club-statement-edinburgh-v-ipswich

I would add that Graeme & Gordon Campbell, who had been working hard to get the track raceable, stood at the exit in their muddy overalls at the end, and apologized to departing customers and also fielded any questions.

Furthermore John Campbell did come outside prior to the turnstiles being opened and explained that the riders were willing to race if further remedial work on the track was undertaken, but added that further rainfall would inevitably result in cancellation.

IMO, if Edinburgh can be faulted for anything it is that they will always try to get a meeting on, rather than throw the towel in early.

http://www.edinburghmonarchs.co/news-centre/article/2017-08-19/club-statement-edinburgh-v-ipswich

I would add that Graeme & Gordon Campbell, who had been working hard to get the track raceable, stood at the exit in their muddy overalls at the end, and apologized to departing customers and also fielded any questions.

Furthermore John Campbell did come outside prior to the turnstiles being opened and explained that the riders were willing to race if further remedial work on the track was undertaken, but added that further rainfall would inevitably result in cancellation.

IMO, if Edinburgh can be faulted for anything it is that they will always try to get a meeting on, rather than throw the towel in early.

Don't think any blame can be levelled at anyone , it is that time of the season that teams are trying to get meetings on when possible to beat cut off dates.

Was there any more rain?

Was there any more rain?

There was a really heavy shower that went on for about 10 minutes just as the gates were originally due to open, if that never came I think we would of seen some speedway last night.

• Like 1

Don't think any blame can be levelled at anyone , it is that time of the season that teams are trying to get meetings on when possible to beat cut off dates.

This is a general point and not levelled specifically at Edinburgh but if that same attutude applied in April May June then potentially there wouldnt be such a backlog in the first place.....
  • Like 1

This is a general point and not levelled specifically at Edinburgh but if that same attutude applied in April May June then potentially there wouldnt be such a backlog in the first place.....

Never a truer word said and its been the same for the last 3-4 years. However some of the same clubs who moan about having too many fixtures in August and September are the same ones who point blank refuse re-staging dates in that April to June period.

• Like 1