British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Leicester Lions 21/8/17

Considering I was sitting with Jason who was sending the updates, we both had the opinion that it was a very enjoyable evening with lots of good racing. Far superior to the dirge served up on TV last night.

Perhaps you should venture down to support the team whose threads you spend so much time on.

Thats nice well i guess by his updates that indicated not much if any passing and yours that indicated more you must have been watching 2 different meetings. Pirate Bazz also seems to think there wasnt much action either.

Maybe if Ipswich get promoted i might come down to Poole but its a long way to go to see average racing , much rather trek to Belle Vue , Somerset and Wolves to be honest

• Like 1

I think the majority of Poole fans would agree Gavan - preferring that you trek to Belle Vue, Somerset or Wolves I mean!!

BTW how were the likes of Glasgow, Sheffield, Workington, Redcar etc this season for the avid Ipswich fan?? Assume you went of course?! lol

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

King?

Shanes?

Lahti?

I did say most.

Lahti in heat 3 and King in 15 stood out.

I don't count Hans getting it all wrong and getting passed, and Shanes was always just in front of Kyle, although that was a good race bearing in mind the relative experience of the riders concerned.

I hope we do keep Shanes next year as he is a 100% trier and improving. After all it's his first year in the Premiership. Actually it everyones. :D

I think the majority of Poole fans would agree Gavan - preferring that you trek to Belle Vue, Somerset or Wolves I mean!!

BTW how were the likes of Glasgow, Sheffield, Workington, Redcar etc this season for the avid Ipswich fan?? Assume you went of course?! lol

Wouldnt go to any of those tracks in our league.........have a family to worry about which is far more important to me then any speedway meeting.

I used to do the Northern Tour years ago, Berwick, Edinburgh and Glasgow back in 1989 for a few years after. But i was mid teens then so much easier for me

Been to Peterborough twice this season good track and good racing you see.

As i said if we went back to the top flight why would i waste my money and fuel going to one of the poorer tracks in the league. Its not just Poole that isnt very good, after last night i doubt i would go much to Swindon either.

Rye House is less than an hour for me but i dont really like the racing there much either. Kings Lynn is a 2 hour drive and we used to go there when Mark Loram rode there but much like Poole it has gone downhill in the last 10 years

Thats nice well i guess by his updates that indicated not much if any passing and yours that indicated more you must have been watching 2 different meetings. Pirate Bazz also seems to think there wasnt much action either.

Maybe if Ipswich get promoted i might come down to Poole but its a long way to go to see average racing , much rather trek to Belle Vue , Somerset and Wolves to be honest

Start walking then. ;)

Edited by Starman2006

Considering I was sitting with Jason who was sending the updates, we both had the opinion that it was a very enjoyable evening with lots of good racing. Far superior to the dirge served up on TV last night.

Perhaps you should venture down to support the team whose threads you spend so much time on.

It was average meeting at best.

Wouldnt go to any of those tracks in our league.........have a family to worry about which is far more important to me then any speedway meeting.

I used to do the Northern Tour years ago, Berwick, Edinburgh and Glasgow back in 1989 for a few years after. But i was mid teens then so much easier for me

Been to Peterborough twice this season good track and good racing you see.

As i said if we went back to the top flight why would i waste my money and fuel going to one of the poorer tracks in the league. Its not just Poole that isnt very good, after last night i doubt i would go much to Swindon either.

Rye House is less than an hour for me but i dont really like the racing there much either. Kings Lynn is a 2 hour drive and we used to go there when Mark Loram rode there but much like Poole it has gone downhill in the last 10 years

When in doubt bring out the "I have a family to worry about which is far more important to me than any speedway meeting" quote!!

I'm really amazed that your family feature much much lower on your priority list than the amount of time you spend on every and any Poole-related topic on this forum!!

Good to know your obsession with Poole is more important than your family. :shock::nono::P:D

• Like 1

When in doubt bring out the "I have a family to worry about which is far more important to me than any speedway meeting" quote!!

I'm really amazed that your family feature much much lower on your priority list than the amount of time you spend on every and any Poole-related topic on this forum!!

Good to know your obsession with Poole is more important than your family. :shock::nono::P:D

Ooooooh this is gonna get interesting! Is it time for the popcorn 🍿??!
  • Like 1

Shovlar has been a long time Poole forum marketing machine. I have been to Wimbourne Rd twice, while holidaying in the area. P'boro's visit in 2012 was reasonable racing wise, Lakeside's visit in 2016 was pathetic. They have had their stinkers at that track on Sky & had a few epics. Until this year, when turns 1&2 have appeared to be little more than a bouncy castle, who can stay on the bike.

I love the racing at Sheffield. Never been to any track further North. Ipswich meetings I have never bothered watching when televised, track is horrible, or at least was last time I watched a televised meeting from it. Smallmead was also dishwater drivel when televised, I went once as on a training course from work in Bracknell. The most interesting thing as where was that horrible stench coming from.

Never been a fan of EoESg racing, having visited a few times and watched televised meetings. The rider that can get his front wheel but not his back wheel over the white line on entering the first corner then wipe out any other rider speed off as he barely turn the bike until mid corner and near the fence gets 3 points.

Yep i agree that the racing at Ipswich isnt great at all really.

My point is that if i was to go to away meetings, and the chances are im unable to, then i would certainly pick where i went.

Best tracks in the league are Belle Vue, Somerset and Wolves so if did go to an away meeting i would pick those.

Logistically Rye House and Kings Lynn are the nearest. Im lucky that currently the best away track in my league, Peterborough , is also the closest.

Yep i agree that the racing at Ipswich isnt great at all really.

My point is that if i was to go to away meetings, and the chances are im unable to, then i would certainly pick where i went.

Best tracks in the league are Belle Vue, Somerset and Wolves so if did go to an away meeting i would pick those.

Logistically Rye House and Kings Lynn are the nearest. Im lucky that currently the best away track in my league, Peterborough , is also the closest.

By all accounts Kings Lynn had a pretty decent meeting last week, I admit the last few times I have been racing hasn't been great but if reports are correct maybe things are improving which is a good thing as it used to be widely regarded as the best track.

Rarely been to a bad Peterborough meeting great race track in my opinion.