British Speedway Forum
mike1944

More Free Speedway On Tv?

Interesting story about the new FreeSports channel coming to all platforms --

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/08/freesport-confirms-freesat-details.html

The channel, being launched by the people behind Premier Sports and the former Setanta UK service, has confirmed it will appear to viewers on Freesat channel 252, in addition to the previously announced slots on Sky 424 and Freeview / YouView (BT/TalkTalk) channel 95. The channel expects to reach 22 million homes from September.

Further information on sports types to be screened on the channel have also been provided: FreeSports will feature Football, Rugby League, Tennis, Ice Hockey, MMA, Basketball, Cricket, Speedway, Nascar, Athletics and Wrestling, essentially beccoming a free-to-air version of Premier Sports, which already provides coverage of these sports on a pay TV basis.

I wonder if it might possibly feature Swedish or even Polish TV as it is the same people behind Premier Sports

• Like 5

Freesports listed as starting 31.8. Channel 95. You can also get streamed channels 260-299 per freeview information

What platform is this on quasartech, no listings for Sky (424) or Freeview (95) yet that I can see

Edited by mike1944

I wish they would not keep changing the channels as the bl##dy system I have got is a pain to retune and get rid of all the crap channels so they do not have to be bypassed when looking through the prog list searching to see what is on.

Have retuned and got it on channel 95 on one tv and 273 on another but it just states starting in Sept.

BT sports preview has disappeared from freeview,and this seems to have taken over the channel, is this part of BT?.

Edited by A ORLOV

What platform is this on quasartech, no listings for Sky (424) or Freeview (95) yet that I can see

I can see it on Freeview/Youview ch95. Listings only start appearing from 31st Aug onwards.

Not much info here yet but watch the graphics. https://www.freesports.tv/

• Like 1

I wonder if it might possibly feature Swedish or even Polish TV as it is the same people behind Premier Sports

If it's a "free" service then my expectation will be that it will be to Premier Sports what Dave / Yesterday / Gold (etc) are to BBC / ITV - a reruns and "look what you could have seen" channel. I'm sure that the hope amongst speedway fans is to get something for nothing (as usual) but that's not how I see how the TV stations work.

If it's a "free" service then my expectation will be that it will be to Premier Sports what Dave / Yesterday / Gold (etc) are to BBC / ITV - a reruns and "look what you could have seen" channel. I'm sure that the hope amongst speedway fans is to get something for nothing (as usual) but that's not how I see how the TV stations work.

Do not care if the Speedway is a day or two behind the actual meetings, Channel 4 used to show the Speedway GPs a week after they were run and that was OK We will soon find out if Swedish Speedway is live or not. Am looking forward to what they are showing apart from football, they can stuff that.

TV prog guide menu only goes up to thurs and at the moment shows nothing, so will keep checking it and report when they are showing speedway, unless another poster beats me to it from some other source.

Edited by A ORLOV

Do not care if the Speedway is a day or two behind the actual meetings, Channel 4 used to show the Speedway GPs a week after they were run and that was OK We will soon find out if Swedish Speedway is live or not. Am looking forward to what they are showing apart from football, they can stuff that.

TV prog guide menu only goes up to thurs and at the moment shows nothing, so will keep checking it and report when they are showing speedway, unless another poster beats me to it from some other source.

As I posted earlier my EPG is already showing Speedway on at 7:30am on Thursday. Also Saturday at 6:00am.

• Like 1

As I posted earlier my EPG is already showing Speedway on at 7:30am on Thursday. Also Saturday at 6:00am.

I was looking at Freeview channel 273 which shows nothing up till midnight thurs 31st, apart from message Coming soon, but will note the times you have stated, thanks.

I wish they would not keep changing the channels as the bl##dy system I have got is a pain to retune and get rid of all the crap channels so they do not have to be bypassed when looking through the prog list searching to see what is on.

Have retuned and got it on channel 95 on one tv and 273 on another but it just states starting in Sept.

BT sports preview has disappeared from freeview,and this seems to have taken over the channel, is this part of BT?.

I feel your pain! I just wish we could 'pay for view' --simples!

• Like 1

What is EPG, as there are still no listings on freeview for speedway. Also if they are starting in Sept most speedway will have ended by then so did they state they would be showing and when?.

Edited by A ORLOV

What is EPG, as there are still no listings on freeview for speedway. Also if they are starting in Sept most speedway will have ended by then so did they state they would be showing and when?.

EPG = Electronic Programming Guide - I think. :unsure: :unsure: :blink: