British Speedway Forum
mike1944

More Free Speedway On Tv?

So can I only get this if I have freeview hd? My TV is ancient and it's only non hd freeview

Im sure you know someone that could help you out with an upgrade 😉

So can I only get this if I have freeview hd? My TV is ancient and it's only non hd freeview

Sadly although the channel is SD you do have to have Freeview HD to receive it, either built into the set or set-top box. Mind you, Argos are doing a Freeview HD box for just £35.

The reason why you need an HD TV or box to receive an SD channel like this is that it's being broadcast on a cheaper, modern system to the original Freeview that makes it more affordable for the smaller channels like Free Sports or Talking Pictures to use it.

Even then not all the transmitters carry these extra stations. If you're on a local relay they tend to have 'Freeview Light' with far fewer stations. It's a mess and expecting the general public to understand is like trying to explain guests and tacical rides to your mate down the pub :wink:

Edited by Rob McCaffery
  • Like 1

Sorry to be thick everyone but does this mean I can now get what I paid premier sports £25 free on the sky platform

Sorry to be thick everyone but does this mean I can now get what I paid premier sports £25 free on the sky platform

No because none of them are live - just repeats of what Premier have live.

Free Sports is NOT a copy of Premier Sports. It shows a mixture of repeats from Premier, plus matches that there aren't room for on Premier and occasionally, but very occasionally before Premier, as with an ice hockey match on opening night. Premier showed a Cardiff match, FS a Nottingham match which was then repeated on Premier later on.

I would have thought it obvious that no TV channel would be stupid enough to take money off people for a channel while also showing exactly the same channel's contents for free on another. Later on they will be showing 15 ice hockey matches live per week. 12 will be on Premier and the other three will be on Free Sports - you hopefully get the idea of what's going on.

If you want to watch the speedway live then you'll need to pay for Premier. If you can wait for repeats then FS is an option. But I doubt you could be certain that all speedway matches will end up being repeated on Free Sports long term. The safest long-term bet is the Premier Sports subscription.

Edited by Rob McCaffery

Ok Rob thanks for that I'd be quite happy just getting the odd highlights here and there I think, thanks for your advice though

Free Sports is NOT a copy of Premier Sports. It shows a mixture of repeats from Premier, plus matches that there aren't room for on Premier and occasionally, but very occasionally before Premier, as with an ice hockey match on opening night. Premier showed a Cardiff match, FS a Nottingham match which was then repeated on Premier later on.

I would have thought it obvious that no TV channel would be stupid enough to take money off people for a channel while also showing exactly the same channel's contents for free on another. Later on they will be showing 15 ice hockey matches live per week. 12 will be on Premier and the other three will be on Free Sports - you hopefully get the idea of what's going on.

If you want to watch the speedway live then you'll need to pay for Premier. If you can wait for repeats then FS is an option. But I doubt you could be certain that all speedway matches will end up being repeated on Free Sports long term. The safest long-term bet is the Premier Sports subscription.

Swedish League will be shown live in 2018.

Swedish League will be shown live in 2018.

I see that's in the content list. While it's good news for viewers it does suggest that Premier don't see it as being worth charging for.

Note it doesn't say all matches. It might just be a few.

To be honest it's hard enough to find online listings(*) for this channel, let alone firm proposals of what they're actually going to do.

(* I understand the Sky Guide now carries them, but not their own website!)

Edited by Rob McCaffery

I see that's in the content list. While it's good news for viewers it does suggest that Premier don't see it as being worth charging for.

Note it doesn't say all matches. It might just be a few.

To be honest it's hard enough to find online listings(*) for this channel, let alone firm proposals of what they're actually going to do.

(* I understand the Sky Guide now carries them, but not their own website!)

The only decent listings I can find is on the tv menu itself, but they only show about one week ahead. What they do not say about the Speedway is what meetings they are showing.

The only decent listings I can find is on the tv menu itself, but they only show about one week ahead. What they do not say about the Speedway is what meetings they are showing.

The latest information I have is that the schedules will be finally going onto their website during this week. Until then you can always see which Swedish and Polish Extraliga matches are being televised internationally on racers & royals pinned posting:

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=83760

The Swedish and two Extraliga matches listed will usually end up on Premier Sports and the Swedish at least on Free Sports.

Hope this helps, well at least for the final weeks of their seasons.

Since the channel is free it would make sense for them to stream it on their website. People are keeping a close eye out for it.

https://www.freesports.tv/

• Like 1

See this for what Swedish meetings they are showing. http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=85145

It will be quarter finals leg 2 this week with Dackarna - Smederna being the main meeting.Semi finals are next week (Tue-Wed) but it isn't known yet what matchups there will be.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 2

The latest information I have is that the schedules will be finally going onto their website during this week. Until then you can always see which Swedish and Polish Extraliga matches are being televised internationally on racers & royals pinned posting:

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=83760

The Swedish and two Extraliga matches listed will usually end up on Premier Sports and the Swedish at least on Free Sports.

Hope this helps, well at least for the final weeks of their seasons.

Since the channel is free it would make sense for them to stream it on their website. People are keeping a close eye out for it.

https://www.freesports.tv/

Had not realised R & R updates this section with each weeks meetings, will check it from now on, thanks for info.

See this for what Swedish meetings they are showing. http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=85145

It will be quarter finals leg 2 this week with Dackarna - Smederna being the main meeting.Semi finals are next week (Tue-Wed) but it isn't known yet what matchups there will be.

Thanks for this as well Ghostwalker, will check it

• Like 1

Great coverage one Sweden match and two Polish this week, all with Star names and excellent commentary from Dave Goddard.

• Like 1

Great coverage one Sweden match and two Polish this week, all with Star names and excellent commentary from Dave Goddard.

Agreed oldtimer. I wish they would put a Series Link on though.

Other than that it is super.

I've got myself in to Rodeo and Bull Riding now as well. Great stuff.