British Speedway Forum
mike1944

More Free Speedway On Tv?

Freesport has been available on normal Freeview since September.

No it is not, I have both freeview HD and Freeview non HD and the sports have only been available on the HD channel 95 since last summer as I used to have to switch systems to watch the Swedish and Polish speedway.

The sports channel has been available on Freesat but not freeview normal.

Look at channel 273 and it tells you that it starts on Dec 1st.

• Like 1

Freesport has been available on normal Freeview since September.

Not so. You need a Freeview HD receiver even though it's a non-HD channel.

• Like 1

I watched the Swedish play offs on freesport this year on my Tv as well as on premier sports on the mobdro app.

Edited by Mr X

No it is not, I have both freeview HD and Freeview non HD and the sports have only been available on the HD channel 95 since last summer as I used to have to switch systems to watch the Swedish and Polish speedway.

Read what i said again.

Not so. You need a Freeview HD receiver even though it's a non-HD channel.

Read what i said again.

Read what i said again.

Read what i said again.

Have done, you are wrong.

The channel has been there but no progs till Dec 1st, which is why I posted the message.

Hmmm, you'll have to forgive me this elementary question from "The New Guy Across The Big Pond" (T.N.G.A.T.B.P.) . . . but, is this "Freeview" something that's available only to you (umm, what do I say here?) Brits/Englanders?

I've skimmed through this topic . . . but, am still a bit lost ('course, my Mrs. says that about me almost daily. LOL).

Is this, like, something available directly through your cable programming . . . or is this something available outside your area?

HB

Hmmm, you'll have to forgive me this elementary question from "The New Guy Across The Big Pond" (T.N.G.A.T.B.P.) . . . but, is this "Freeview" something that's available only to you (umm, what do I say here?) Brits/Englanders?

I've skimmed through this topic . . . but, am still a bit lost ('course, my Mrs. says that about me almost daily. LOL).

Is this, like, something available directly through your cable programming . . . or is this something available outside your area?

HB

It's just a branding of the standard digital terrestrial TV service, as opposed to cable or DTH satellite.

Because Murdoch has such a hold on British commercial TV it was felt necessary to give it such a branding. Murdoch was trying to suggest that after the switch to digital you could only receive TV from his Sky (Fox) service.

So, anyone receiving TV through a standard aerial/antenna can receive 'Freeview' but the number of channels you get depends on whether you're on one of the main transmitters or one of the local relays. You have to be receiving one of the main transmitters to get Freesports, and until recently only if you had an HD receiver.

Unlike the States we fouled-up digital switchover totally by phasing it in around the country rather than nationally on one day as in the US. As a result the who;e subject and the multiple brandings are very confused.

There's even 'Freesat' which is the DTH satellite service minus the pay-TV channels which is intended for those who can't or won't receive 'Freeview'.

Murdoch's Sky is the main satellite service while BT use a mix of DTT and internet to deliver their rival service. The cable is virtually all Virgin Media, owned by Liberty Global.

Because Murdoch has such a hold on British commercial TV it was felt necessary to give it such a branding. Murdoch was trying to suggest that after the switch to digital you could only receive TV from his Sky (Fox) service.

Shortly before the digital switch over a Sky rep called at my house saying the same thing.I said "Are you saying my Freeview box won't work or my TV with built in Freeview?"..He said "Yes".I asked for his name and said I would be reporting him to Trading Standards.He beat a hasty retreat :)
  • Like 1

Anyone who hasn't got Freeview built into their TV, seriously needs to consider buying a new set!!

• Like 1

The message on the freeview site now states starts Dec so it may not be the 1st.

The message on the freeview site now states starts Dec so it may not be the 1st.

And it's going to be a streaming service

And it's going to be a streaming service

What does that mean ? as the HD version is just sports progs.

I am lucky as I have both HD and non HD

What does that mean ? as the HD version is just sports progs.

I am lucky as I have both HD and non HD

It means you have to connect your telly to the internet.( Try channel 265 as an example).My full HD Sony isn't compatible with these services but luckily my Blu-ray/HDD is

It means you have to connect your telly to the internet.( Try channel 265 as an example).My full HD Sony isn't compatible with these services but luckily my Blu-ray/HDD is

A bit confusing, I at the moment get all the freeview free sports on the HD tv, channel 95, but just a message at the moment on channel 273 on a non HD tv, the one that says it will start in Dec, so will see what it says when it starts up.