British Speedway Forum
mike1944

More Free Speedway On Tv?

Just checked, they have Swedish Speedway next Wednesday.

BT sports showcase is still on preview channel 115

Should read freeview

Can you get this through Sky channels

Good, cannot see this as TV schedule only goes up to monday

9pm to 11pm, also on Thursday 3.30 to 5.30 though I suspect this will be repeat of Wednesday's meeting. Apparently they own the rights to Swedish speedway for 2018 so I expect they will cover this next season.

• Like 2

9pm to 11pm, also on Thursday 3.30 to 5.30 though I suspect this will be repeat of Wednesday's meeting. Apparently they own the rights to Swedish speedway for 2018 so I expect they will cover this next season.

And Wednesday will be a repeat of Tuesday`s live action on Premier sports !!!

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 2

And Wednesday will be a repeat of Tuesday`s live action on Premier sports !!!

Happy with that.

• Like 2

I hope I can help to clarify some confusion over this new channel. Free Sports is a sister channel to Premier Sports in the UK and eirsports in Ireland. It will only be an SD channel. The idea is to get people to pay for a subscription to the parent channels to get HD.

It launched Thursday morning at 6 am but so far only a fraction of the target audience can get it for various technical reasons, principally involving Sky who control the satellite signal to their subscribers plus Freesat and Virgin, both of whom use the same satellite feed as Sky for their services.

Right now the launch is a mess. I'll try to summarise.

Sky (will be channel 424) - Sky need to check the technical side of the channel before allowing it to go on their electronic programme guide (epg) at the intended channel 424. This may have happened or be imminent. The channel IS on satellite, just needs to be watched off epg via "other channels" for now.

Freesat (channel 252) is really just an epg - the signals are exactly the same as the free channels on Sky. So, until the Sky problem is resolved the channel can only be watched on Freesat by using 'add non-freesat channels', rather like adding ITV regions.

It has been stated that Freesat 252 will go live on September 12th - better late than never.

There is no date or channel yet for FS on Virgin Media. Given past performance it will probably show up without prior warning. I'm a VM subscriber so will be monitoring.

So, on to those relying on other services. BT and Talk Talk just relay the main Freeview channels. All will use channel 95.

The channel has launched on Freeview, but only in certain areas. If your TV or set top box is able to receive certain HD channels, over and above the basic BBC examples then you should be able to receive FS on 95. If not then you won't be getting the station at all. You need to be on a main rather than relay transmitter to get it.

You thought the SCB Regulations were twisted.....

So, to summarise, by September 12th you should be able to receive FS as follows, I'm sure it won't be as easy as that. :

Freeview (in certain areas with certain boxes/TVs), Talk Talk & BT - channel 95

Sky - 424

Freesat - 252

Virgin - lord knows.....

For those able to use the 'add channels' on Sky or Freesat the technical details are:

11426V, Symbol Rate: 27500, FEC: 5/6, DVB-S, SID:52556

Good luck!

(UPDATE: - looks like it's now up and running on Sky 424)

Edited by Rob McCaffery

Sky ch 424 and part of their Sport Channel listings.

Edited by noggin

The channel has launched on Freeview, but only in certain areas. If your TV or set top box is able to receive certain HD channels, over and above the basic BBC examples then you should be able to receive FS on 95. If not then you won't be getting the station at all. You need to be on a main rather than relay transmitter to get it.

Freeview has FreeSports listed on two channels

273 for normal signal listed on the tv menu as "coming Soon".

95, which I think is HD, is now live and being shown

Anyone interested in Aussie Rugby League is in for a treat this weekend.

Would appreciate any info re any schedule dates and timings for speedway as the prog schedule for the HD tv I have got is awful and takes ages to list. Have noted next weeks timings from R & R.

Edited by A ORLOV

Yes the channel is now showing on my sky box. Swedish speedway on Wednesday & Polish speedway on Friday.

Freeview has FreeSports listed on two channels

273 for normal signal listed on the tv menu as "coming Soon".

95, which I think is HD, is now live and being shown

All reports in media circles are that it will only be in SD, with HD reserved for subscribers to Premier Sports.

Free Sports' website makes no reference to channel 273 which has been marked elsewhere as 'Sports Channel Network', 'to be launched' for some time.

There's no apparent need for two Freeview channels but as always in these situations much can change before it finally settles down. We have to watch and wait.

Suggestions are that it's more than technical problems delaying a launch on Virgin Media and that a deal between FS and VM needs to be worked out. Goodness knows when that may happen given past history!

Edited by Rob McCaffery

Yes the channel is now showing on my sky box. Swedish speedway on Wednesday & Polish speedway on Friday.

Thanks to you.Noggin and Rob

• Like 1

Same on channel 95 Freeview, so Swedish and Polish Speedway each week will be good.

Wed Swedish Speedway 9pm repeat of Tues meeting on Premier

Thurs " " repeat 3.30pm

Fri Polish Speedway 3.30pm

Same on channel 95 Freeview, so Swedish and Polish Speedway each week will be good.

Wed Swedish Speedway 9pm repeat of Tues meeting on Premier

Thurs " " repeat 3.30pm

Fri Polish Speedway 3.30pm

I think you'll find the channel is supposed to be the same on all platforms.

What you see on terrestrial should be identical to satellite and cable, as with the great majority of other channels broadcasting on all three, bar some of the ads.

• Like 1