British Speedway Forum
mike1944

More Free Speedway On Tv?

Anyone who hasn't got Freeview built into their TV, seriously needs to consider buying a new set!!

Old sets work fine with a Freeview set top box. Another myth to sell hardware, like Sky's attempt to hoodwink the public with the lie that after Digital Switchover Day if viewers didn't have Sky then their screens would go blank. They've always tried to tell the public that there's no real alternative to opening a financial vein to Sky and anything else is just too complicated to bother with.

It's pretty hard to buy a modern TV set without a Freeview tuner built in. I expect the exceptions have Freesat installed instead.

While old analogue TVs would now be generally old enough to have been replaced there is no reason at all why they can't still work with a set top box fitted. Indeed you could use a 1960s black and white TV as long as it had UHF on it. I even know of some who use old VHF 405 sets from the 60s and before to use digital boxes using a standards converter to change UHF to VHF. Lord knows why - presumably because it can be done!

(You don't just get odd people in speedway - I remember a group of Linux devotees trying to install Linux on an X-Box (which is just a stripped down Windows pc) just to spite Microsoft)

Edited by Rob McCaffery