British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Kings Lynn Vs Wolves ( Double Header) 23.08,17

In principle I think the double header is a good idea. but in practise its not always good business. Because the time tends to get dragged out, double headers are best done on a Sunday afternoon and evening. Starting at the same time (7-30pm) makes it a late night. The ref will need to keep it rolling, with hold-ups kept to a minimum. It is expected Wolves will use RR for Masters and that can easily add 10-15 mins to a schedule when rider take consecutive rides... Everything will always need to fall I place to complete a meeting in 90 mins. 10min interval and track grading, will mean starting the second match at 9-30. the earliest finish will be gone 11pm. All the time used for re-runs, accidents , R/R fence repairs will only add to that time. We only need the sun to show its head and the schedule will be shot to bits..

On soon as its gets late, people will start to leave. Raising the admission to £25, although understandable, is a cost some cant afford, so I'm not convinced it is a good idea. I understand the logic but am weary of the success. I would have thought a 7pm would have been far more suitable start time in view of the program. I've lost count of the number of meetings I've attended, but I can count the ones finished in 2 hours on one hand. Whatever time it starts it's going to be a long night.....

• Like 1

In principle I think the double header is a good idea. but in practise its not always good business. Because the time tends to get dragged out, double headers are best done on a Sunday afternoon and evening. Starting at the same time (7-30pm) makes it a late night. The ref will need to keep it rolling, with hold-ups kept to a minimum. It is expected Wolves will use RR for Masters and that can easily add 10-15 mins to a schedule when rider take consecutive rides... Everything will always need to fall I place to complete a meeting in 90 mins. 10min interval and track grading, will mean starting the second match at 9-30. the earliest finish will be gone 11pm. All the time used for re-runs, accidents , R/R fence repairs will only add to that time. We only need the sun to show its head and the schedule will be shot to bits..

On soon as its gets late, people will start to leave. Raising the admission to £25, although understandable, is a cost some cant afford, so I'm not convinced it is a good idea. I understand the logic but am weary of the success. I would have thought a 7pm would have been far more suitable start time in view of the program. I've lost count of the number of meetings I've attended, but I can count the ones finished in 2 hours on one hand. Whatever time it starts it's going to be a long night.....

One of the stadium security men has told me twice now, that there is a 10.30pm time curfew at the AFA, but I can't see that being true, as we'd never get two meetings through in that time. I'm told Mildenhall got an evening meeting finished in an hour and 25 minutes recently, and Buxton regularly achieve 90-minutes.....BUT!!

Terrible idea to run the same team twice on the same night terrible idea to start 7-30 needs to be 6-45 at latest and even worse idea to charge £25 when in some case fans will drift away after the first meeting- with having to be at work early the next day we will definitely not be attending unless we can pay £17 for the first meeting and go home .

• Like 2

Seems stupid to have the same teams riding twice. I thought it was daft enough when Leicester recently had Kings Lynn as the opposition two weeks running. The fixtures this season have been a shambles and now we're into the last few weeks they're having to be crammed in, in spite of the fact there are only a paltry 8 teams in the league and the season starts in March. How about ONE match which counts as double and the usual admission fee? :unsure:

• Like 4

Not the best idea from a fans point of view, tho I can see the benefit from a logistic viewpoint for promoter and riders.

Haza paying for the first meeting only is to put it mildly, a stupid idea. The only way that could work would be to clear the stadium and readmit those with a £25 ticket. Might be finished in time for brekkie then! It could be done for 2nd meeting only but then you would have to sit in the car park not knowing when the 2nd meeting starts.

Gemini has the best idea, one meeting points count double but the riders won't like that cos it deprives them of a pay day.

Edited by Star Lady

Never liked double meetings even when it is against two different teams, rarely good meetings especially the second one and your expected to pay 25 quid for the privilege. It is bad enough to have a double header at a weekend or on a bank holiday, to have when people need to get to work the next day is not good especially if you are a away fan.

• Like 1

Not the best idea from a fans point of view, tho I can see the benefit from a logistic viewpoint for promoter and riders.

Haza paying for the first meeting only is to put it mildly, a stupid idea. The only way that could work would be to clear the stadium and readmit those with a £25 ticket. Might be finished in time for brekkie then! It could be done for 2nd meeting only but then you would have to sit in the car park not knowing when the 2nd meeting starts.

Gemini has the best idea, one meeting points count double but the riders won't like that cos it deprives them of a pay day.

well if it's a stupid idea my £s will be staying in my pocket I'm not being forced to pay for something I don't want

well if it's a stupid idea my £s will be staying in my pocket I'm not being forced to pay for something I don't want

Why wouldn't you want to pay £8 for a second meeting, at the end of the day all meetings need to be completed

• Like 3

I'm glad I'm not a promoter. Poor buster is doing his best to get all meetings in before the cut off and everyone is whinging ( maybe they are Aussies) we will be getting second half for £8 and as for moaning about sunbreaks they don't happen this time of year and extra time for riders with two in a row is just minutes.

Also if they start earlier lots of workers and those who travel a long way might not be able to make it. Come on give the man a break

• Like 6

Could be done if the first race start at 7.30 Pit marshall having the riders ready to go out as soon as the last race finished the referee stopping '' Gardening"" etc at the tapes by warning the riders once and excluding them the next time and telling the riders before the meeting starts what he/she will do sounds harsh but it will get the meetings over in good time.

• Like 2

Why wouldn't you want to pay £8 for a second meeting, at the end of the day all meetings need to be completed

on a weekend yes no problem I'd gladly pay an extra £8 but on a Wednesday with early start the next morning at work I'd be leaving the stadium after the first 15 heats so £25 for one meeting I don't think so

on a weekend yes no problem I'd gladly pay an extra £8 but on a Wednesday with early start the next morning at work I'd be leaving the stadium after the first 15 heats so £25 for one meeting I don't think so

Maybe you could pay £25 to get in and anyone wanting to leave after the first meeting could get £8 refund on the way out

• Like 3

Totally understand your point of view Haza but it's not practical for the club to do it for all. Of course you could email them and see if they would refund you the £8 at the box office as you leave, but having seen that emails rarely get answered that's probably not an option :(

I'm glad I'm not a promoter. Poor buster is doing his best to get all meetings in before the cut off and everyone is whinging ( maybe they are Aussies) we will be getting second half for £8 and as for moaning about sunbreaks they don't happen this time of year and extra time for riders with two in a row is just minutes.

Also if they start earlier lots of workers and those who travel a long way might not be able to make it. Come on give the man a break

They have 23 weeks to arrange 14 home meetings and 14 away meetings. Every year we get this late panic in the last two or three weeks of the season when they try to cram everything in. It is yet another pitiful example of how the sport is run. Nothing but amateurish incompetence. :sad:

• Like 7