British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Kings Lynn Vs Wolves ( Double Header) 23.08,17

Wolves had RR and they also didnt have a NO.8 it seems

how the hell can anyone blame Buster for injuries is beyond me,nothing wrong with double headers and most of them pass without problem

doesnt seem luck was on Lynns side last night ,the same could easily have happened to Wolves,

and credit due,offering a fiver back is ok as i dont believe he actaully had to do that

Good post I agree with all that
  • Like 1

I said from Day 1 Robert Lambert is overrated.

Judging by the comments on this thread people are starting to agree with me.

He's a fantastic rider who has an ongoing knee problem, leave off!
  • Like 4

I was happy with the season up till that Thursday in July, balls up after that but I can't blame our riders of today and injuries can't be helped, apart from bringing in injury prone riders. Last night was a disaster of course.

I'm not giving up on the place, when the clutch drops the bullsh@t stops. This is a blip, hopefully Buster will get some enthusiastic people in place next year to help run the club and we'll have a good one.

Tress, JC, then Rory last season, This season Rob Lyon, Troy B, Chris H, Gavin Caney. There is a common denominator in all this. When you cannot see your own fault's or be prepared to listen to others opinions and continue to make the same mistakes. Then you would think it might be time for change.

• Like 1

I said from Day 1 Robert Lambert is overrated.

Judging by the comments on this thread people are starting to agree with me.

I don't agree.

You don't win the U19 title by beating 'highly rated Poles if you aren't talented.

Highly impressive young rider, so all good news for GB.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 4

I was happy with the season up till that Thursday in July, balls up after that but I can't blame our riders of today and injuries can't be helped, apart from bringing in injury prone riders. Last night was a disaster of course. But we've had a few good performances since the new guys were signed but they were never gonna be league winners, in fact many fans felt the 'pride' was back, including you SL!

I'm not giving up on the place, when the clutch drops the bullsh@t stops. This is a blip, hopefully Buster will get some enthusiastic people in place next year to help run the club and we'll have a good one.

So why not have meeting ( or two ) where those interested in helping to attract new fans can SHARE ideas ( not shout at or be shouted down ) before the end of this season? It is NOT working doing it all "Buster's way" is it? There must be some other compromise, possibly better ways to improve the KLS experience. Hard though it is for anyone to do - changing habits could prove beneficial to the club AND Buster's business.

Race 1 Jorgensen locks up - wrong his handlebar grip came loose and was twisting in his hand so didn't have control of bike, so pulled up. This is what he told me immediately after the race.

Race 2 Greaves goes wide and locks up - why tracks fault or the rider just made a mistake. Nicklas having won the race, told me track was great. Had some grip but knew it would get slick as night progressed over 30 heats. All riders were expecting this.

Race 4 THJ admits just went into bend 3 too fast and deep. Lost control unfortunately Nicklas had no where to go.

Nicklas with medics with suspected concussion so they didn't want him to continue especially when learning he was concussed in Poland 3 weeks before and was just returning from this injury.

Saw and spoke to THJ in the car park. He was in pain and was doubled up. He sat in chair as mechanics loaded van. Apologised to me that he was cause of Nicklas having to withdraw.

Robert Lambert - I was alone with Robert in changing room, as I collected Nicklas kit bag. He was in underpants and even I (not being a doctor ) could see how blown up his knee was. Robert has been limping for sometime, I asked him prior to meeting how it was and he said much better. He told me in ht15 he dragged his left leg which caught on track and twisted it. Yes he could possibly have continued, done more damage and that would be season over. So he made decision to withdraw, correct in my opinion.

Perhaps fans might like to review their opinions with some facts. I didn't hear one complaint re track. With the expected 30 heats, of course track grading etc, was required. Was it extensive, no - just track grading and watering.

How we need this extra detail in this day and age of the dreaded social media, thanks David, shut a few up!

So why not have meeting ( or two ) where those interested in helping to attract new fans can SHARE ideas ( not shout at or be shouted down ) before the end of this season? It is NOT working doing it all "Buster's way" is it? There must be some other compromise, possibly better ways to improve the KLS experience. Hard though it is for anyone to do - changing habits could prove beneficial to the club AND Buster's business.

I love that idea tbh...

I don't agree.

You don't win the U19 title by beating 'highly rated Poles if you aren't talented.

Highly impressive young rider, so all good news for GB.

You never do lol.

Tress, JC, then Rory last season, This season Rob Lyon, Troy B, Chris H, Gavin Caney. There is a common denominator in all this. When you cannot see your own fault's or be prepared to listen to others opinions and continue to make the same mistakes. Then you would think it might be time for change.

Yeah for sure but you have to stick at it to hopefully bring about change. We know why some of those clientel left, all different reasons though and it's a shame.

Well I'm right. Lambert will turn out to be like Chris Harris and even that's being kind

I agree with you.

If Lambert has any chance of being one of the worlds best riders he needs to get away from King's Lynn

How old is Lambert now ? Compare where he is now to say someone like Michael lee at the same age, in terms of what has been achieved. Lambert at 15/16 was a sensation, not sure he has gone on to the next levels at the rate of knots that many hoped he would. Still Mr Entertainment, but this season in particular he has coped a good few injuries.

So if I read this right

Kings Lynn went into this match stating in print on their website With Porsing set to rejoin Auty at reserve, the Stars track a full one to seven for two meetings in one night against the 2016 Elite League champions. and yet only revealed just before the start that they were without Palm Toft who was apparently riding in Denmark.

The BSPA Chairman, Vice Chairman and another committee member all attempted to persuade the meeting referee to abandon/postpone the second match which was clearly against the rules and she correctly declined.

The second meeting was abandoned after 10 heats - was a correct/official reason given for this or had everyone lost interest by then.

The track caused riders a lot of problems early doors but was better when some extensive work was carried out by the home promotion.

I am not impressed with the Lynn report and I rather think resignations should be forthcoming, this was a complete shambles of epic proportions from start to finish.

just another day in the life for speedway.

Ok you Buster bashers ! Let's give you some facts. Buster and Wolves management wanted to call off 2nd meeting tonight as Lynn were down to 3 riders. Buster suggested to ref to call off meeting, as only the ref can call off a meeting, and he would refund £8 back to each fan. Chris Van Straaten was happy for meeting to be called off also. Ref refused both their requests and said 2nd meeting had to take place. So don't go blaming Buster or Wolves for this, this is down to the ref.

With both team managers in agreement you'd think the ref would see sense.

I'm assuming the MPT fiasco is a direct result of Buster having to do everything with an ill team manager and a promoter who has left.

Can't fault the Lynn riders for effort tonight, despite scoreline there was some good races in the first match. The wolves boys had their gating gloves on an knew had to team ride.

Edited by kelvinht