British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Kings Lynn Vs Wolves ( Double Header) 23.08,17

You never do lol.

with sensible posters there is a chance I might.

Well I'm right. Lambert will turn out to be like Chris Harris and even that's being kind

You're never right lol

With both team managers in agreement you'd think the ref would see sense.

Why are people questioning the ref? The ref is working to the rules... who makes the rules up?

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.... Hindsight not needed!

Is there really any riders who would come down just in case they are needed,personally nowadays i don't think so.Then you don't know which riders will get injured.So if for instance you did have D.King there as he only lives at Huntingdon and Jonasson gets injured,guess what he still couldn't replace him.It's not as easy as some people think to have riders there on standby.

JC what would Maurie Littlechild make of this ? Something he built to now being destroyed week by week.

Whilst I always wanted the club to succeed in his memory, I unfortunately never knew him personally so that question is particularly hard for me to answer.

I have however asked his son Terry (my grandfather) and as you can imagine he is far from impressed and says Maury would be very disappointed. He was a true gentleman who treated fans, sponsors, riders, family and other promoters with the greatest of respect.

Having known buster since he was a child he would also be surprised if he was/is to accept any accountability for the state the club is in.

Is there really any riders who would come down just in case they are needed,personally nowadays i don't think so.Then you don't know which riders will get injured.So if for instance you did have D.King there as he only lives at Huntingdon and Jonasson gets injured,guess what he still couldn't replace him.It's not as easy as some people think to have riders there on standby.

Been there, seen it and done it. It is definitely possible to make at least some preparations, but obviously they would not come for free.

Why are people questioning the ref? The ref is working to the rules... who makes the rules up?

Agree there are rules and they shouldn't be broken, but these were exceptional circumstances a bit of common sense should have been used

Its all in the detail. Sadly that is something very much in short supply at Saddlebow.

• Like 2

Agree there are rules and they shouldn't be broken, but these were exceptional circumstances a bit of common sense should have been used

That's the trouble with rules... break one and you may as well break them all

I don't agree.

You don't win the U19 title by beating 'highly rated Poles if you aren't talented.

Highly impressive young rider, so all good news for GB.

You never do lol.

I don't agree either.

Ditto, I don't agree!

• Like 1

Been there, seen it and done it. It is definitely possible to make at least some preparations, but obviously they would not come for free.

That was a few years ago now though,riders don't even simply want to guest now let alone turn up just in case.

Agree,what happened to "in the best interests"

Can't believe some people moaning about the track last night.As DWP said it was fine,to me i was expecting it to be a bit grippier.It wasn't deep or dangerous.If it was we would have seen some comments from another certain Aussie on social media.

Edited by tellboy

Well I'm right. Lambert will turn out to be like Chris Harris and even that's being kind

A Grand Prix winner, multi time British champion, entertaining and all action rider who gives 100% every race then I think Lambert will be ok with that.

• Like 6

Race 1 Jorgensen locks up - wrong his handlebar grip came loose and was twisting in his hand so didn't have control of bike, so pulled up. This is what he told me immediately after the race.

It wasn't just his handlebar grip he had problems with last night,he had numerous problems most of the night.

Its all in the detail. Sadly that is something very much in short supply at Saddlebow.

for me it's all about being entertained and being made to feel valued as a paying customer rather than taken for granted that I will turn up and hand over my £17 well I've had enough of that attitude from KL speedway if they want me to attend they are going to have to put a bit of effort in they need to for starters make me feel like AFA is where I need to be each Wednesday night at the moment I'm enjoying doing other things with my cash and if I'm honest I've not missed it but speedway is a big part of my life and I'd like to return but only if the club is going to change and put some effort in off track .
  • Like 1

for me it's all about being entertained and being made to feel valued as a paying customer rather than taken for granted that I will turn up and hand over my £17 well I've had enough of that attitude from KL speedway if they want me to attend they are going to have to put a bit of effort in they need to for starters make me feel like AFA is where I need to be each Wednesday night at the moment I'm enjoying doing other things with my cash and if I'm honest I've not missed it but speedway is a big part of my life and I'd like to return but only if the club is going to change and put some effort in off track .

Here, Here! 100%.

I find it hard to believe that there is a rule that says a team must start a match with only three riders

How old is Lambert now ? Compare where he is now to say someone like Michael lee at the same age, in terms of what has been achieved. Lambert at 15/16 was a sensation, not sure he has gone on to the next levels at the rate of knots that many hoped he would. Still Mr Entertainment, but this season in particular he has coped a good few injuries.

I would rather watch a Lambert race than some of the so called stars.As you put in your last sentence"Mr Entertainment" isn't that what it's all about.I would much rather watch 7 racers than 7 riders.

• Like 1