British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Kings Lynn Vs Wolves ( Double Header) 23.08,17

I would think Lynn would be reluctant to stage another double header after last night.

At some point common sense must kick in.

We're talking speedway here, don't be too sure :lol:

3 I thought it was against SCB rules for a side to present a below strength team so why did the ref let it go ahead? It was Buster who requested cancellation so knew he'd probably get fined as well as forfeiting the match points. (not that anyone thought we'd have any chance of winning either match anyway) rather than proceed? It would seem that Buster cares more about the image of speedway than the SCB !?

Yes I thought that too, but I presume that the referee knows the rules better than you and I. It wouldn't surprise me if they've done away with that rule with the constant tinkering that goes on every close season.

The trouble with running a professional sport with common sense is that what may be common sense to you or to me or to Buster may be three completely different things. That is why we have rules

Going into a double header with rider replacement in the team should ring alarm bells and have a rider on standby if required and not have to rely on someone who happens to be there and lives locally. No number eights anymore is understandable but to have a standby is something that needs putting in place for the future.

Had that NL rider have not been available, the last meeting couldn't have started as they would have only got three riders available which isn't allowed. Yes there was some crashes and knocks but you get the feeling not many are to keen to be at Kings Lynn these days and that's something Chapman wanted to put right but it looks to have got worse and his position as Chairman has to be questioned after the last month of business.

With Poland throwing their weight about and providing a very strong top league, Britain has to say enough is enough at trying to play ot a high level just isn't working and we need to get rid of the big names and GP riders and rebuild with rides like Josh Bates or Kyle Newman as third heat leaders in one big league which creates different opponents each week, no clash of dates as less doubling up riders and protected reserves giving them a solid starting area.

• Like 3

Race 1 Jorgensen locks up - wrong his handlebar grip came loose and was twisting in his hand so didn't have control of bike, so pulled up. This is what he told me immediately after the race.

Race 2 Greaves goes wide and locks up - why tracks fault or the rider just made a mistake. Nicklas having won the race, told me track was great. Had some grip but knew it would get slick as night progressed over 30 heats. All riders were expecting this.

Race 4 THJ admits just went into bend 3 too fast and deep. Lost control unfortunately Nicklas had no where to go.

Nicklas with medics with suspected concussion so they didn't want him to continue especially when learning he was concussed in Poland 3 weeks before and was just returning from this injury.

Saw and spoke to THJ in the car park. He was in pain and was doubled up. He sat in chair as mechanics loaded van. Apologised to me that he was cause of Nicklas having to withdraw.

Robert Lambert - I was alone with Robert in changing room, as I collected Nicklas kit bag. He was in underpants and even I (not being a doctor ) could see how blown up his knee was. Robert has been limping for sometime, I asked him prior to meeting how it was and he said much better. He told me in ht15 he dragged his left leg which caught on track and twisted it. Yes he could possibly have continued, done more damage and that would be season over. So he made decision to withdraw, correct in my opinion.

Perhaps fans might like to review their opinions with some facts. I didn't hear one complaint re track. With the expected 30 heats, of course track grading etc, was required. Was it extensive, no - just track grading and watering.

I have always appreciated your straight forward answers and the information you give . It gives a different perception to what we actually see. Your account of Race 2, I find somewhat contradictory. Nicklas made a decent start and won comfortably riding on the preferred line. How can he comment on part of the track he didn't use?? I find that strange. Also in race 4, you say THJ said he went into the corner too fast and too deep. Here we have a world class rider who has travelled the world and taken part in the SGP, yet he says he made a mistake. To me, I would've thought he was more than able to race on any conditions, and feel this comment was based on not biting the hand that feeds you....

THJ is no mug, he is not a novice , he is more than capable rider, yet the track made him lose it..., If this accident had happened to 'Ryan Kinsley' I say fair enough, but SGP riders don't make them sort of mistakes.... That heat 4 incident ruined the whole event.....

If Lamberts knee is that fragile it should have been strapped before either meeting. I've seen Briggs win the World championship with a broken hand, Kenny Carter win the British Championship with a broken leg, Its all about making decisions on doing what you want to do.

You say you didn't hear any bad comments last night, well I didn't hear any good comments. Most of the people I spoke with was so embarrassed of the whole affair..... There wasn't ONE good thing come from last night meeting, all that will be remembered are the bad bits......

• Like 1

Sorry GRW but Briggs riding in a World Championship and Carter riding for the British title are totally different to a young rider risking making an existing injury far worse in a match that to be honest meant nothing and is 3 days before he is due to ride in a European final.

I have always appreciated your straight forward answers and the information you give . It gives a different perception to what we actually see. Your account of Race 2, I find somewhat contradictory. Nicklas made a decent start and won comfortably riding on the preferred line. How can he comment on part of the track he didn't use?? I find that strange. Also in race 4, you say THJ said he went into the corner too fast and too deep. Here we have a world class rider who has travelled the world and taken part in the SGP, yet he says he made a mistake. To me, I would've thought he was more than able to race on any conditions, and feel this comment was based on not biting the hand that feeds you....

THJ is no mug, he is not a novice , he is more than capable rider, yet the track made him lose it..., If this accident had happened to 'Ryan Kinsley' I say fair enough, but SGP riders don't make them sort of mistakes.... That heat 4 incident ruined the whole event.....

If Lamberts knee is that fragile it should have been strapped before either meeting. I've seen Briggs win the World championship with a broken hand, Kenny Carter win the British Championship with a broken leg, Its all about making decisions on doing what you want to do.

You say you didn't hear any bad comments last night, well I didn't hear any good comments. Most of the people I spoke with was so embarrassed of the whole affair..... There wasn't ONE good thing come from last night meeting, all that will be remembered are the bad bits......

Of course Nicklas was only commenting on the line he rode. And he was more than happy with it. He had walked track and likes it with some depth and grip. Unfortunately never got chance to ride those lines.

Every rider makes mistakes, they are human. Only reported what THJ said to Nick and myself. No one else was there so wasn't prevented from biting hand that....

Robert was wearing a knee brace.

I mean I didn't hear any rider complain about the track. Certain plenty of supporters were complaining but those I spoke to seem more concerned how Nicklas was.

I agree I don't like double headers, certain most riders not too keen also. But that was situation and the teams had to make the most of it. Totally agree 1st meeting was over with ht4 crash, with Nicklas then THJ withdrawing. A shame as I think could have been closely fought meeting. But no one plans in advance that you will loose 3 riders. Sod's law but perhaps that's been 2017

I saw Kenny Carter get carried out of the pits and sat on his bike with his leg in plaster at Oxford in a British semi final in the early 80s.He even came out and rode when he had scored enough points to qualify. Probably fearing a ban

Tough and Driven young man

Admittedly the end was terrible but riders like him and many others make a lot of those nowadays look like the primadonna footballers they claim to be tougher than

Edited by Triple.H.
  • Like 1

I agree I don't like double headers, certain most riders not too keen also. But that was situation and the teams had to make the most of it. Totally agree 1st meeting was over with ht4 crash, with Nicklas then THJ withdrawing. A shame as I think could have been closely fought meeting. But no one plans in advance that you will loose 3 riders. Sod's law but perhaps that's been 2017

I believe the whole evening was over after that Heat 4 crash, That's why I believe having a track that grippy was a gamble too far !!....

I believe the whole evening was over after that Heat 4 crash, That's why I believe having a track that grippy was a gamble too far !!....

The whole evening was over when Toft was announced not riding and Porsing only had 1 bike.

It was never gonna be a good night for the Stars

• Like 1

I said from Day 1 Robert Lambert is overrated.

Judging by the comments on this thread people are starting to agree with me.

From day 1 you supported Swindon and went under an different name!

The whole evening was over when Toft was announced not riding and Porsing only had 1 bike.

You can only ride one bike at a time

I said from Day 1 Robert Lambert is overrated.

Judging by the comments on this thread people are starting to agree with me.

So I guess you wouldn't want him riding for PP then. Love to see RL working his way through during a race if he misses the gate. He is a joy to watch. Gate and go can be boring, would much rather see good racing between riders. Get off his back and leave him alone.

• Like 3

Hope its not a double header next week. I am hopefully coming up and don't want to watch KL v Rye. Why should travelling Poole fans have to fork out for a meeting when they will be travelling back? Rye fans can enter after the Poole meeting.

I'm thinking riding for KL might currently be a hindrance to his development!

• Like 1

You can only ride one bike at a time

And golfers can only hit the ball with one club at a time. But they always carry more than one! :wink: