British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Kings Lynn Vs Wolves ( Double Header) 23.08,17

Why should travelling Poole fans have to fork out for a meeting when they will be travelling back? Rye fans can enter after the Poole meeting.

You don't have to... don't go, simple

Hope its not a double header next week. I am hopefully coming up and don't want to watch KL v Rye. Why should travelling Poole fans have to fork out for a meeting when they will be travelling back? Rye fans can enter after the Poole meeting.

Think of the enjoyment you'd get watching KK again. I've heard he has improved a lot recently ;-)

• Like 6

Yeah but I bet he's got 2 inPoland

Yes 2 in Poland and 2 in Sweden - both still needed. As was well published he had his 2nd UK bike stolen here in UK. Buster said he would sort out a second bike to get him through the last few meetings. Unfortunately that hasn't materialised.

He doesn't have a bottomless pit and having built 6 bikes this season, there was no way he could afford to build a 7th one for the last remaining meetings of the season. Having missed most of June and July through injury, work out the maths, just not viable. His other option would have been to quit UK and done Denmark instead. (Using Swedish bikes as they go from DK to to Sweden each week) but he didn't want to quit being loyal to Buster and King's Lynn Stars. My advice looking at his situation was to quit, but he said he wasn't a quitter and if Buster loaned a 2nd bike he would continue. Personally the way UK speedway is going I can't wait for season to be over and we can start preparations for 2018 in Europe.

Yes 2 in Poland and 2 in Sweden - both still needed. As was well published he had his 2nd UK bike stolen here in UK. Buster said he would sort out a second bike to get him through the last few meetings. Unfortunately that hasn't materialised.

He doesn't have a bottomless pit and having built 6 bikes this season, there was no way he could afford to build a 7th one for the last remaining meetings of the season. Having missed most of June and July through injury, work out the maths, just not viable. His other option would have been to quit UK and done Denmark instead. (Using Swedish bikes as they go from DK to to Sweden each week) but he didn't want to quit being loyal to Buster and King's Lynn Stars. My advice looking at his situation was to quit, but he said he wasn't a quitter and if Buster loaned a 2nd bike he would continue. Personally the way UK speedway is going I can't wait for season to be over and we can start preparations for 2018 in Europe.

I'm assuming you were a fan on the terraces before becoming involved with Niklas and I was wondering how your views on the sport and the way it is run have changed since then. If indeed they have.

I appreciate you may not have the time (or even the inclination :wink: ) to reply but I for one would find your views very interesting.

The track imo looked really good with some decent racing. There was passing in most heats in the first meeting. The incident with THJ looked to me like a rider error. Greaves always locks up so nothing to do with the track.

Jacob rode really well and the way he and Rory rode their races together was pretty impressive. Mark Riss had a very good comeback. Thank god for Josh Auty for giving the home fans someone to cheer on. Still tired. How these riders do it day in day out for months - salute them!

Hope its not a double header next week. I am hopefully coming up and don't want to watch KL v Rye. Why should travelling Poole fans have to fork out for a meeting when they will be travelling back? Rye fans can enter after the Poole meeting.

Strange one this, because as I type this, Rye House still maintain they are riding at King's Lynn on Thursday 21st August 2017, but King's Lynn don't seem to think that is the case.

Strange one this, because as I type this, Rye House still maintain they are riding at King's Lynn on Thursday 21st August 2017, but King's Lynn don't seem to think that is the case.

Sorry, that should read 31st August.

There isn't such a rule.

By agreeing to any match it's expected that both teams field competitive line ups.

The onus is on that club for not being able to honour that commitment.

No rules were broken and the referee

was not at fault for ensuring the meeting goes ahead.

Kings Lynn totally at fault for not having stand by options.

What rubbish. Kings Lynn did field a competitive team but when you lose your top two riders and your best reserve to injury plus r/r what team in the world would have stand by options to cover that. No the second match should have been cancelled

..... the second match should have been cancelled

The second match should never have been scheduled.

As I said before this meeting RR wasn't a risky option. If a guest option wasn't available then why not trade the RR with the opposition and each promote a junior? We used to in days gone by and at least you have a hope of finishing the two meetings with a full side. RR is tough on riders and machinery in one meeting. Frankly, you're asking for trouble in a double header.

• Like 1

what team in the world would have stand by options to cover that. No the second match should have been cancelled

a team competing at a so called professional level, in a so called Premiership

a team competing at a so called professional level, in a so called Premiership

What rubbish,no team in the UK can afford to go to matches with a squad of ten riders,which would have been needed Wednesday.

I said from Day 1 Robert Lambert is overrated.

Judging by the comments on this thread people are starting to agree with me.

I find the overrated riders are the ones who can't pass another rider while racing.I would rather watch a Lambert,Harris racing from the back than say a Hancock just leading from the front.The best sight in speedway is seeing someone busting a gut to try and pass another rider.

• Like 2

I'm assuming you were a fan on the terraces before becoming involved with Niklas and I was wondering how your views on the sport and the way it is run have changed since then. If indeed they have.

I appreciate you may not have the time (or even the inclination :wink: ) to reply but I for one would find your views very interesting.

Star Lady I am more that happy to write my opinion of British speedway. But let the season finish and I will write it. Might be War and Peace in length though lol

Star Lady I am more that happy to write my opinion of British speedway. But let the season finish and I will write it. Might be War and Peace in length though lol

Fair enough, I look forward to reading it :D War and Peace length is no problem, it's likely to be a long long winter :wink:

Fair enough, I look forward to reading it :D War and Peace length is no problem, it's likely to be a long long winter :wink:

Sounds like a rather apt title!

• Like 1

What rubbish,no team in the UK can afford to go to matches with a squad of ten riders,which would have been needed Wednesday.

Ah but. As one poster has already pointed out, if you don't have the daft situation whereby you're riding against the same club twice, you already have 7 potential guests present for the second meeting.

• Like 1