British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Kings Lynn Vs Wolves ( Double Header) 23.08,17

Totally understand your point of view Haza but it's not practical for the club to do it for all. Of course you could email them and see if they would refund you the £8 at the box office as you leave, but having seen that emails rarely get answered that's probably not an option :(

So its not just Belle Vue that ignore emails then?? There are several email contacts at the NSS, but from my own experience and talking to other fans, you're extremely lucky to get a response.

Totally understand your point of view Haza but it's not practical for the club to do it for all. Of course you could email them and see if they would refund you the £8 at the box office as you leave, but having seen that emails rarely get answered that's probably not an option :(

that's an excellent idea - an £8 refund on the way out would do it for me we'd go on Wednesday if was the case .

Not the best idea from a fans point of view, tho I can see the benefit from a logistic viewpoint for promoter and riders.

Haza paying for the first meeting only is to put it mildly, a stupid idea. The only way that could work would be to clear the stadium and readmit those with a £25 ticket. Might be finished in time for brekkie then! It could be done for 2nd meeting only but then you would have to sit in the car park not knowing when the 2nd meeting starts.

Gemini has the best idea, one meeting points count double but the riders won't like that cos it deprives them of a pay day.

So why not just pay them double? They don't miss a pay night AND they will be fired up to do well in the first meeting and score well. But as I am not intending to go it hardly matters to me. It will not finish before 11.30pm and I have no intention of getting home after midnight.

But Hey! It's British speedway at it's most well organised best!

So why not just pay them double? They don't miss a pay night AND they will be fired up to do well in the first meeting and score well. But as I am not intending to go it hardly matters to me. It will not finish before 11.30pm and I have no intention of getting home after midnight.

Stupid idea, not in league rules and would be totally wrong

If Wolves are still using r/r for Masters, as is likely, Then Jacob Thorssell is going to be knackered ! He could potentially have 6 rides in each match ! Fatigue as much as anything else could be a deciding factor in the second match.

• Like 1

But what about the 10.30pm curfew I've been told is in place at King's Lynn? Was that the case when you were involved JC?

Whatever the ins and outs of this fixture, it will be a tough ask for everyone. Be it the Riders,Track staff, the Medic, the Stewards, Shop and Bar Workers besides the fans. I don't suppose much thought has been given to the kiddies, but at least they don't go to school the next day....

Once upon a time a fixture against the all conquering Wolves would have had an air of inevitability about it , but our fortunes have changed of late, and we are now able to compete. I'm not saying we will definitely win, but I will say we will put up a fight. Whether we will or lose will depend on small margins, and that is what makes it interesting......

Would like to think we will get something from this extravagancer........

But what about the 10.30pm curfew I've been told is in place at King's Lynn? Was that the case when you were involved JC?[/quote. Don't think there is a curfew at the AFA. I was there last year until 11 45 pm at the world under 21 meeting.
  • Like 1

............Rickib........... and as for moaning about sunbreaks they don't happen this time of year and extra time for riders with two in a row is just minutes.

They do in Leicester. Perhaps the sun is setting differently in Norfolk so you're very lucky.

They do in Leicester. Perhaps the sun is setting differently in Norfolk so you're very lucky.

It's certainly a lot lower in the sky this time of year.We are 2 months past the longest light hours in the day.

It's certainly a lot lower in the sky this time of year.We are 2 months past the longest light hours in the day.

Being lower the sun gets behind the mountains earlier :blink:

• Like 1

or swap your admission ticket for a £8 off voucher to get the £8 off the next home meeting if you leave after the first meeting I'd be happy with that .

I remember Reading doing a double header at Wolves back in the early 90s, think it was cup and league. It was a good night of racing and each match was different in terms of the entertainment. I enjoyed it.

I remember Reading doing a double header at Wolves back in the early 90s, think it was cup and league. It was a good night of racing and each match was different in terms of the entertainment. I enjoyed it.

I'm going to have to look it up, but I think one was league, one was cup and I also we won 1 and lost 1 (needs checking). Now you would think same teams, same track that the result would be the same............

I'm going to have to look it up, but I think one was league, one was cup and I also we won 1 and lost 1 (needs checking). Now you would think same teams, same track that the result would be the same............

was it 1 league and 1 cup or was it 1 KO Cup and 1 Gold Cup, Im really not sure, I thought it was 1 win 1 draw but again memory is starting to be shot so I could be way wrong on all counts. I'm sure someone will know