British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Kings Lynn Vs Wolves ( Double Header) 23.08,17

was it 1 league and 1 cup or was it 1 KO Cup and 1 Gold Cup, Im really not sure, I thought it was 1 win 1 draw but again memory is starting to be shot so I could be way wrong on all counts. I'm sure someone will know

Like I said needs checking ! 😀

Being lower the sun gets behind the mountains earlier :blink:

It certainly ducks behind Palm Paper earlier which is quite a large building.

was it 1 league and 1 cup or was it 1 KO Cup and 1 Gold Cup, Im really not sure, I thought it was 1 win 1 draw but again memory is starting to be shot so I could be way wrong on all counts. I'm sure someone will know

14/9/92

Gold Cup Final 2nd Leg

Wolves 49 Reading 41

SS KOC 2nd Round 2nd Leg

Wolves 45 Reading 45

Slow Saturday night!

Edited by CB252
  • Like 1

14/9/92

Gold Cup Final 2nd Leg

Wolves 49 Reading 41

SS KOC 2nd Round

Wolves 45 Reading 45

Slow Saturday night!

Cheers. :t:

14/9/92

Gold Cup Final 2nd Leg

Wolves 49 Reading 41

SS KOC 2nd Round 2nd Leg

Wolves 45 Reading 45

Slow Saturday night!

Thanks for the info

14/9/92

Gold Cup Final 2nd Leg

Wolves 49 Reading 41

SS KOC 2nd Round 2nd Leg

Wolves 45 Reading 45

Slow Saturday night!

Ah yes, that was it. Think I might still have it on vhs as well, perhaps I'll take a look.

Ah yes, that was it. Think I might still have it on vhs as well, perhaps I'll take a look.

What's VHS ? 😂

Mark Riss back for the Wolves in these matches, but Stars still have a big advantage at reserve with Porsing and Auty.

What's VHS ?

Don't mock. I've still got some too. :lol:

• Like 1

Don't mock. I've still got some too. :lol:

One of the best VHS I've got is when it was 'pissing' down at Coventry, when Kenny Carter won the British Champs with a dodgy leg. I loved that meeting for all the wrong reasons. Even in the adverse conditions the crowd was massive, Some of the riders threw their toys out pram not wanting to ride, while others showed application was everything. Dave Lanning was superb commentator, Speedway as it use to be... But the last heat was brilliant with Carter coming from the back beat the Collins bros.

Lovely memories....

• Like 1

One of the best VHS I've got is when it was 'pissing' down at Coventry, when Kenny Carter won the British Champs with a dodgy leg. I loved that meeting for all the wrong reasons. Even in the adverse conditions the crowd was massive, Some of the riders threw their toys out pram not wanting to ride, while others showed application was everything. Dave Lanning was superb commentator, Speedway as it use to be... But the last heat was brilliant with Carter coming from the back beat the Collins bros.

Lovely memories....

Carter Qualifying at the Oxford semi was some occasion never forget it.
  • Like 1

Carter Qualifying at the Oxford semi was some occasion never forget it.

Yeah, Sidney, so did I... In them days I use to go to all the big meetings.... Stupid or What ??

I appreciated now, how fortunate I was to have a good wife, who stayed at home looking after the kiddies..

So she keeps telling me.... :o:o

Yeah, Sidney, so did I... In them days I use to go to all the big meetings.... Stupid or What ??

I appreciated now, how fortunate I was to have a good wife, who stayed at home looking after the kiddies..

So she keeps telling me.... :o:o

From 1978/86 went to alot of away meetings like yourself had a good wife who let me slouch off whenever i wanted to.Those days for me were superb never forget them loved the Northern trips as well feel lucky that i was around in that era and got to see a young Michael,Lee great days. Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Me too,used to have a 8 track as well!!

Hmphh, I've got some original music cassettes, so there ! Nothing to play them on though. :rolleyes: