British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Somerset - Swindon 18th Aug 17

Huge well done to Swindon, David Bellego take a bow

Bellego has always had that touch of class,seems to have sorted out his temperament these days,good rider.
  • Like 1

Just said well done to the Flying Frenchman and his mechanic parked up in his van at a Swindon Maccy D's, perhaps they were munching on the salad option.

Fantastic win again for those flying Robins, 12 in a row.

The Swindon steam train smashes on.

Was it as good as first meeting in April, crowd level?

Edited by beefy keefy

Crowd was good. Couple of good battles between Ellis and Josh and Ellis and Wright. Also Bellego and Hougaard had two entertaining heats. Best move of the night was Morris in heat 13 going from last to second. Doyle was different gravy with Tobi and David not far behind.

Edited by Anzum
  • Like 1

No dispair from me. We were never going to challenge the moment KK showed no interest. If Swindon win it well done to them! Surely they can't possibly lose it now? Twelve in a row? What could possibly go wrong? Time for the champagne to be popped?

So who will you and your fellow Pirates fans be cheering for in the Play Offs?

So your a Swindon fan now then ?

all poole fans were supporting swindon last nite

So who will you and your fellow Pirates fans be cheering for in the Play Offs?

poole of course

Edited by poole keith
  • Like 1

Crowd was good. Couple of good battles between Ellis and Josh and Ellis and Wright. Also Bellego and Hougaard had two entertaining heats. Best move of the night was Morris in heat 13 going from last to second. Doyle was different gravy with Tobi and David not far behind.

Last time no victory parade but 10 mins after finish riders walked over to applaud the remaining Robins fans in stadium.

It's a great racetrack, better than The Abbey. Better view for fans as well.

Lucky they missed the rain we had in Swindon.

Edited by beefy keefy

There was one this time. Just before the second meeting which was abandoned after a very nasty looking crash in the first heat. Poor bloke cartwheeled at least twice before hitting the air fence. Hope he is ok but ambulance had to take him to hospital and wouldn't have made it back before curfew.

poole of course

The rest of us will be supporting Glasgow!

• Like 2

Another good crowd watched this local derby despite the ever threatening grey skies and the M5 gridlocked in various places.

Although I haven't watched the Rebels away from home this season, this is the first time I have seen them genuinely outclassed. Swindon looked like a team full of confidence and desire. Doyle, Musielak, Ellis and Bellego were regularly electric from the starts. All four took to the OTA arena like ducks to water, looking fast, smooth and stylish. The extra grip put down appeared to suit the Robins from the start. Doyle and Musielak were often several bike lengths in front as they reached the first bend. Bellego is treat to watch at Somerset. This has to be his favourite track. When he does miss the start, he appears to hunt the opposition down, circle menacingly, before striking and passing his opponents at precisely the right time.

For the Rebels, Jake Allen was sorely missed. His crash in heat 14 of the match against Wolves has all but ended their play off hopes this year. Allen is normally good for a hatful of points at home, but guests and R/R have come up short so far.

Worryingly, Lawson and to a lesser extend Graczjonek, have lost their way at the OTA recently. Both are continually missing the gate and only the latter is managing to generate enough speed to force his way through from the back. Lawson however, is really struggling to pass.

Patrick Hougaard is another that has disappointed. It's many meetings that he has failed to hit double figures at home, and for a rider of his class, is simply not good enough.

Charles Wright continues to ride 'on the edge' and really is a thrilling, entertaining rider. Usually Preferring to stick his back wheel in the dirt, he has shown in recent meetings some clever moves along with his usual bravery. His third to first ride against Wolves and a classic cut back, and his dare devil pass of Ellis last night, makes him surely one of the most exciting riders seen at Somerset for many years.

A delighted Alun Rossister is leading a team on fire at the moment and when Nick Morris finally came to the party with a stunning pass of Graczjonek and Lawson in heat 13, one realised just how much the Robins have in their locker. 12 consecutive victories is a magnificent achievement ( even in a league that continually receives criticism for its standard) and the several hundred fans from Wiltshire let their team know on the victory parade just how pleased of the team they are!

• Like 5

Not a bad meeting last night, but in the end an easy win for the fast starting robins. Thankfully despite the cloudy skies, the weather behaved itself for once.

Um definately not!!! I admire what Rosco has done with the team plus the fact it helps us! I can't see us getting in the top 4 as Rye will pip us, but hope I'm wrong. Am I not allowed to congratulate another team winning?

Thing is that would be a first for a Poole fan. :P

Didn't expect a thing out of this one tbh, and wasn't wrong. The Robins are really looking like the real deal and are deservedly in the driving seat at the top. I'm looking at the remaining fixtures and thinking where our next points are coming from and it don't look good. Lawson has really hit a bad spell after an encouraging start and Hougaard for me hasn't reached the level Gary was hoping for I feel. Jake continues to be a big loss, both replacements for him so far have been disappointing.

Hope to be at Rye on Wednesday with a couple of Speedway virgins ha, so I'm looking for an improved performance at least. Safe journey up to anyone who is coming, I'll either be at the gate or on the back straight👍