British Speedway Forum
graz gp

Sheffield Tigers V Edinburgh Monarchs.

Ty may not be as good as he once was, but he always gives 100% effort, and his travel expenses should only be for 2 miles!

Looks like all the top 5 survived their matches intact last night, four of them riding for Leicester, if we get to play off wonder what guests Leicester will use when they cant use Sheffield riders

Seems to me Monarchs have thrown in the towel for this season a bit with these bizarre guest choices. Lindgren at Glasgow last week was pants and Proctor today shows that they do not even want to try to win matches. Pathetic.

Edited by stewmac

come on monarchs fans, stop berating your guests.i like to see ty ride and he may do well for you.true supporters get behind their teams.think this may well be close but going for a sheffield win.come on you tigers

come on monarchs fans, stop berating your guests.i like to see ty ride and he may do well for you.true supporters get behind their teams.think this may well be close but going for a sheffield win.come on you tigers

Proctor is replacing Masters...they could of got virtually anyone

Good result for the Tigers not a classic on a dusty track which needed loads more water on it than it got.Josh was his usual dominant self with Kyle and Lasse in good form too. Another good team performance.thats 10 on the bounce.Well done lads keep it up.

Would agree with your match summary Charlieboy. I was really disappointed with the Riss brothers, particularly Erik as I was impressed by him at Leicester last night against my mob. Know Mark has been out injured a while so he could be excused a bit I guess.

Thought Ricky Wells battled hard & I enjoyed watching Josh Pickering for the first time. Gutsy, good style too, 10/10 for effort today. Clegg & Davey offered little, combined with no Masters was gonna be v tough.

Heat 13 was a cracking race, Grajczonek is reaching Stead levels round Owlerton, so smooth whilst flat out, brilliant to watch.

There was a moment mid meeting on the 3rd/4th bend where one of the Riss lads seemed to clip the air fence, the whole crowd gasped, expecting a nasty crash, still not sure how he stayed on board, pleased he did!

Expected result, seemed Erik had a shocker machinery wise. Hopefully nothing to serious.

Proctor is replacing Masters...they could of got virtually anyone

Anyone who was available and willing that is. You'd be surprised how limited the choice can be. Riders race so much nowadays they are not always desperate for an extra meeting, even if they are not racing anywhere else.

Not the greatest meeting racing wise

Have to say I am not a fan of speedway in the afternoon, much prefer to watch it in the evening.

The Monarchs were very disappointing with only Wells, Pickering and to in the earlier heats Mark Riss.

But as a team we are now very strong at home and for teams to come to Sheffield to get anything or to beat us over two legs I think that teams are going have to be at the top of their game, I think that we have peaked just at the right time.

Can we go on to win the Play Offs?

Really starting to believe that this could well be our year, although I believe that Glasgow have a slight edge over us at the moment, but that stretches the teams winning steak to 10 matches home and away and the team continues to grow in confidence.

• Like 1

Looks like all the top 5 survived their matches intact last night, four of them riding for Leicester, if we get to play off wonder what guests Leicester will use when they cant use Sheffield riders

With a bit of luck the idea of promotion/relegation play offs might just be quietly forgotten as it's a stupid idea anyway which hasn't worked in the past when it was tried and won't work now. If Leicester have any sense they will want to drop down a division in 2018, (unless it's one big league), and carry on with Saturday night racing. I doubt if Sheffield want to be in the Premiership so it's going to be interesting watching both teams attempting to lose. Better tell the guests in advance what the plan is. :D

• Like 2

Not the greatest meeting racing wise

Have to say I am not a fan of speedway in the afternoon, much prefer to watch it in the evening.

The Monarchs were very disappointing with only Wells, Pickering and to in the earlier heats Mark Riss.

But as a team we are now very strong at home and for teams to come to Sheffield to get anything or to beat us over two legs I think that teams are going have to be at the top of their game, I think that we have peaked just at the right time.

Can we go on to win the Play Offs?

Really starting to believe that this could well be our year, although I believe that Glasgow have a slight edge over us at the moment, but that stretches the teams winning steak to 10 matches home and away and the team continues to grow in confidence.

We will need to return to our form Pre- August for us to have an edge over Sheffield, but things can change very quickly as we all know.

Edited by Gazc

We will need to return to our form Pre- August for us to have an edge over Sheffield, but things can change very quickly as we all know.

We'll see just how far we've dipped a week on Thursday . We lost by 2 points at Owlerton earlier in the season , I fear the size of defeat on the 31st could be a fair bit larger .

We'll see just how far we've dipped a week on Thursday . We lost by 2 points at Owlerton earlier in the season , I fear the size of defeat on the 31st could be a fair bit larger .

I'll go for an optimistic 20 point defeat on the 31st.

With a bit of luck the idea of promotion/relegation play offs might just be quietly forgotten as it's a stupid idea anyway which hasn't worked in the past when it was tried and won't work now. If Leicester have any sense they will want to drop down a division in 2018, (unless it's one big league), and carry on with Saturday night racing. I doubt if Sheffield want to be in the Premiership so it's going to be interesting watching both teams attempting to lose. Better tell the guests in advance what the plan is. :D

It will depend on which track the owner / promoter wants to be in what league, it could be a result decided by economic off track matters rather than on track matters

Edited by The Third Man