British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ommer Mon

Cradley V Birmingham Tpnl 21/8/17 @ Monmore Wood

Guest GiveusaB

Your missing the point i except that mistakes are made but then again i am not surprised.

It's 'accept'....RnY.....dont get dragged in to a load of 'bolloc#s by arguing.....just enjoy finishing above Cradley once again....play offs or no play offs :t:

Well last night certainly was a hell of an entertaining meeting, if not a bit bereft of quality certainly until Cradley woke up at ten points down, heat 2 was probably the most stereotypical National League heat I've ever seen....

Disappointing not to win given our advantage two-thirds of the way through but I'd have taken that before the meeting and given Cradley's resilience later on, it's still a very handy two points and should now narrow it down to four teams fighting for two places. 7 points from our final three meetings would be enough I reckon, but that's a tough ask, and it won't get much tougher than Wednesday, particular if Hampshire and Cupitt don't sort their machinery out, this run of successive meetings certainly isn't helping them.

Carr exemplary, a proper fans' favourite, Bacon with another good night which you'd hope for at #4, JPB looked sensational in his first two rides but not sure what happened to him after that, Dwyer definitely a trump card for Cradley at reserve although he'll be kicking himself for letting Hampshire get him on the line, and an honorable mention for the referee and his ineptitude for running a one man heat, letter of the law maybe but surely common sense must prevail, especially as we'd incurred a delay after the incident where Ayres took him off and then had to wait again as Bacon took the RR ride in the next ride, farcical.

Hopefully we'll get to meet again next season.

The fact is, Birmingham's heat leaders were the best, Cradley's second strings and reserves were better, so it evened itself out to some extent. Dwyer, who was excellent, won the point for Cradley almost single handed!

Oh well if we hadn't handed 8 points over unchallenged I would have got my prediction right.

A really entertaining meeting for many reasons and a fair bit of comedy mixed in too - mainly courtesy of the ref. I'm not one for having a go at refs but how he missed Tom Bacon's rollers in every race is beyond me.

Conor Dwyer was superb and in the end Taylor Hampshire was the hero for the Brummies passing him for third place on the line in heat 14 after an otherwise mainly unproductive night.

Richard Hall deserves a mention. I had no idea he was riding with a major shoulder problem until he was interviewed at the end. A great effort from him in the circumstances.

To be fair Liam Carr was in a class of his own and was mainly untroubled.

As I say an entertaining night but I can't see Cradley making the Play Offs from here.

Carr exemplary, a proper fans' favourite, Bacon with another good night which you'd hope for at #4, JPB looked sensational in his first two rides but not sure what happened to him after that

Carr was, indeed, exceptional; Bacon also very good although helped repeatedly by the ref's non-intervention over his rolling starts while I suspect that JPB merely found life a bit stickier in traffic than in fresh air. That's just track craft and at his tender age he's got plenty of years to get that under his belt. Exceptional progress already.

An entertaining night all round though Cradley will be kicking themselves for all the points lost needlessly.

Liam Carr,first letters of names are usually capitalised.

"It's,not its"

If you are going to nit-pick on spelling and grammar, then at least pick up on ALL errors. There's one gaping error that you missed :rofl: Have another go.

If you are going to nit-pick on spelling and grammar, then at least pick up on ALL errors. There's one gaping error that you missed :rofl: Have another go.

Can't be arsed...'to' be bothered Edited by martin_t
  • Like 1