Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Leicester Vs Belle Vue 19/08/17

Anybody any idea what selection of riders can be bothered to turn up for this match?

Anybody any idea what selection of riders can be bothered to turn up for this match?

No Belle Vue heat leaders there anyway, and with Tungate probably missing too its not much of a Belle Vue team.

WATLING JCB LIONS: Kim Nilsson, Erik Riss, Lasse Bjerre, R/R for Danny King, Richie Worrall, Josh Bates, Todd Kurtz.

BELLE VUE: Kenneth Bjerre, R/R for Craig Cook, Steve Worrall, Paul Starke, Scott Nicholls, Dan Bewley, Jack Smith.

Thought that we'd have had ex-lion Paul Starke lined up along time ago for this fixture as Newman's replacement. Surprised he's lining up for Belle Vue. Missed a trick there.

• Like 1

Come on the Aces/Pirates/Rockets..

Hope Paul and Scott can score enough points to consolidate the Aces' position in the top four and at the same time reduce their own teams' chances of catching the Aces in the League..

Cannot wait...

• Like 1

Can anybody clarify the situation with Lions having Richie Worrall guesting in place of Pawel Przedpelski. Pawel has an assessed average of 7.00, which you can't add 5% for a home rider missing because assessed riders can't have the 5% added, clearly stated at the top of the page in the GSA's( although up until the latest release Pawel's figure did show the +5% for some reason). Richie Worrall has a Premiership average of 7.26 from his time at Poole, which is too high, but because he no longer rides in the Premiership are Lions using his Championship average of 8.64 converted by whatever the figure is. The rules for guesting state that if a rider has got a Premier & Championship average the higher average should be used. Can anyone explain who knows more about it than me?

Can anybody clarify the situation with Lions having Richie Worrall guesting in place of Pawel Przedpelski. Pawel has an assessed average of 7.00, which you can't add 5% for a home rider missing because assessed riders can't have the 5% added, clearly stated at the top of the page in the GSA's( although up until the latest release Pawel's figure did show the +5% for some reason). Richie Worrall has a Premiership average of 7.26 from his time at Poole, which is too high, but because he no longer rides in the Premiership are Lions using his Championship average of 8.64 converted by whatever the figure is. The rules for guesting state that if a rider has got a Premier & Championship average the higher average should be used. Can anyone explain who knows more about it than me?

team manager picks the guests , they also choose when and who goes for the double tactical .. say no more .

• Like 1

I think this is covered by the...

"Look to be honest we haven't got a clue anymore what the rules are, just say it's OK if anyone asks because its in the interest of Speedway (or something like that)".

'Rule'....

It probably will have a number like '101.3: sub section (d)' to give it a bit of gravitas..

• Like 1

I think I've issued more "Nerd Alerts" than most.

I look up averages, I try to work out guest and rider replacement eligibility. Hell, I can tell you which gate is most advantageous in each half of a meeting. I love all things mathematical and I love this sport.

So I am so pleased that GSA's, team declarations, inter league average calculations and even riders coming in from abroad are easily subject to my spreadsheet analysis. Give me the data and I'll tell you what's permissible, acceptable, or even a bit dodgy.

Given that I've spent the last n months trying to get ahead of this process, I have to tell you. I'm obviously too old, suffering from early dementia or simply too thick.

I guess I'l have to take future pronouncements on trust.

Not a comfortable position for me at least. Are you okay with this?

• Like 1

It's an illegal guest. Not the first one this year. But according to the rules of it has been oked then belle Vue have a limited window to object, otherwise the illegal guest is allowed. Amazing that such cheating is allowed to happen.

Apparently it's now R/R for Przedpelski and Kyle Howarth for King.

Apparently it's now R/R for Przedpelski and Kyle Howarth for King.

Yes , although Lions website still shows Worrall guesting, the preview on the SGB website now states R/R for Przedpelski & Howarth for King as you say. So must have had a change of plan.