British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Midland Red

10 Ride Maximum

I would say Steve, Nielsen up until 85 had riders who beat him regularly ie)Lee,Carter, Penhall, Erik, with others like Knudsen,Sigalos, Morton, Sanders Moran IVAN never had that only a handfull if lucky beat him.

I have to say Sid that when Hans joined Oxford in 1984 he was beating most opponents...he put in some great years previously at both Wolves and Birmingham but the seat of power was beginning to swing with the demise of Lee, Carter, Sanders, Penhall for varying reasons although I think that it's fair to say that Hans very much held his own against those riders when they met.

I have to say Sid that when Hans joined Oxford in 1984 he was beating most opponents...he put in some great years previously at both Wolves and Birmingham but the seat of power was beginning to swing with the demise of Lee, Carter, Sanders, Penhall for varying reasons although I think that it's fair to say that Hans very much held his own against those riders when they met.

Yes he did but Lee had a great head/head record against him which always pleased me just shows you if the 1983 version of Lee was around for a few more years what he might of achieved.?

Yes he did but Lee had a great head/head record against him which always pleased me just shows you if the 1983 version of Lee was around for a few more years what he might of achieved.?

A great shame regarding Michael Lee and his gradual demise although he did come back strongly for a couple of seasons at Poole and could have 'nicked' the 1983 World Title before it went wrong again during 1984.

Saw him compete against Colin Richardson when both as fifteen year olds put on 'demonstration races' at Cowley during the interval in 1974...Colin won if I recall.

Saw Michael make his international debut at White City in 1977 when England took on the might of The Rest of the World...England were too good for any one nation during that glorious period!

Edited by steve roberts

A great shame regarding Michael Lee and his gradual demise although he did come back strongly for a couple of seasons at Poole and could have 'nicked' the 1983 World Title before it went wrong again during 1984.

Saw him compete against Colin Richardson when both as fifteen year olds put on 'demonstration races' at Cowley during the interval in 1974...Colin won if I recall.

Saw Michael make his international debut at White City in 1977 when England took on the might of The Rest of the World...England were too good for any one nation during that glorious period!

I think Lee clashed with Ole in that meeting if i remember rightly.??

I think Lee clashed with Ole in that meeting if i remember rightly.??

I think that it was Anders Michanek Sid but I may be wrong?

I think that it was Anders Michanek Sid but I may be wrong?

Could be right Steve 😀 i know Mike said on his dvd that he really had annoyed Ole and Ole said vaut are you doing Michael!!!! 😜after that i think they became good friends. Edited by Sidney the robin

Could be right Steve i know Mike said on his dvd that he really had annoyed Ole and Ole said vaut are you doing Michael!!!! after that i think they became good friends.

Yes I remember now...the old brain cells...Mike ride under Olsen and couldn't turn due to the heavy track and dumped Olsen (I think that he picked up an injury?) who was less than happy with Lee at the time.

Personally never a fan of Olsen but that's another story!

Yes I remember now...the old brain cells...Mike ride under Olsen and couldn't turn due to the heavy track and dumped Olsen (I think that he picked up an injury?) who was less than happy with Lee at the time.

Personally never a fan of Olsen but that's another story!

I was a massive Ole fan even though he did stuff Ashby bigtime at Coventry once which i was not happy with.Olsen, Mauger, Simmons, Adams for me were four of the most stylish riders in history Olsen the way he rode made me a fan. Edited by Sidney the robin