British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedwaycrazy

Fixture Cut Off Date...has It Been Extended?

You couldn't answer this last time but what is the point of something being important if it doesn't attract more fans?

Did you see the crowd last night for in your eyes an in important fixture.

You appear to have regressed to a time before the qualifier and cup format was introduced.

You couldn't answer this last time but what is the point of something being important if it doesn't attract more fans?

It clearly did attract more fans last night

If you're talking about Swindon then there may have been another reason for the increased attendance? If you're talking about Belle Vue it was one of the lowest attendances of the season.

Well we must like the play offs more in the south!

As I have said before if a meeting looks like a very one sided contest attendances are down.

Edited by foreverblue

It clearly did attract more fans last night

Excellent crowd.

Lakeside got 8k in a few years back but never got near it again. Whatever Swindon and Lakeside did to get these bumper crowds needs replicating up and down the country all season but will they?

Rant over.

If you're talking about Swindon then there may have been another reason for the increased attendance?

£5

Excellent crowd.

Lakeside got 8k in a few years back but never got near it again. Whatever Swindon and Lakeside did to get these bumper crowds needs replicating up and down the country all season but will they?

Rant over.

Free entry.

Lol!

You didn't think that one through either.

Because it does attract more fans. Swindon fans have a winning team so fans are excited by their team and more go. Belle vue meeting was always going to be a easy win for them so less turn up, that would happen anyway play offs or not.

Play offs are usually exciting meetings and judging by last night at Swindon they will be packed, i don't think it was just the 5 pound entry why so many turned up last night.

Edited by foreverblue

The promoters are promoting these televised meetings more so, it seems, than any others. Of course the price will sell the meetings, they won't want to lose money.

I hope they might risk the £10 meetings, kids free, for all their summer meetings? What is the chance? Do they do it from the start of the season? Set their wages with bonuses to the riders if the crowds flock in, all a risk, sounds good though but it's their money not mine ....

Lol!

The Swindon promoters must be kicking themselves, they get one of their biggest crowds of the season (because their fans are 'excited' ha ha!) and they only charged a fiver for them to get in!

:rofl:

Lol!

The Swindon promoters must be kicking themselves, they get one of their biggest crowds of the season (because their fans are 'excited' ha ha!) and they only charged a fiver for them to get in!

As I said I don't think it was just the fiver entry why so many turned up but obviously had an impact on the attendance.

:rofl:

Win Win!

• Like 1