British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tocha

Mildenhall V Lakeside - Sunday 20th August.

No preview on either website yet. Lakeside will have Zach (injured) and Alfie (Newcastle) missing. My choice would be two guests rather than RR, maybe Steve Boxall again and Anders Rowe appears to be available. As far as I know, Mildenhall are at full strength.

Edited by tocha

Jake Knight and Luke Priest come into the Lakeside line up.

After the passing of his father, I doubt Sam Woods will be riding tomorrow

Jake Knight and Luke Priest come into the Lakeside line up.

After the passing of his father, I doubt Sam Woods will be riding tomorrow

Whitmore in?

Yes Lewis Whitmore is in tomorrow for Sam

• Like 1

Lets hope we can all see an enjoyable meeting this afternoon, no matter which team you/we favour.

Have a safe one everybody.

Well done Mildenhall, sharper from the gate and employed better tactics. Lakeside were poor in all departments, just two heat winners one of which was the bizarre reserves race where both Tigers' fell leaving Couzins chugging along to take the chequered flag, and poor choice of guests. I cannot see them making the play-offs and could fninish as low as seventh. Locke is showing signs of improvement despite falling off on a regular basis but Couzins and Laurence are worse than useless and must go.

Well done Mildenhall, sharper from the gate and employed better tactics. Lakeside were poor in all departments, just two heat winners one of which was the bizarre reserves race where both Tigers' fell leaving Couzins chugging along to take the chequered flag, and poor choice of guests. I cannot see them making the play-offs and could fninish as low as seventh. Locke is showing signs of improvement despite falling off on a regular basis but Couzins and Laurence are worse than useless and must go.

Poor choice of guests? Priest was the stand out option on that average for Bowtell and Knight had been motoring on his comeback and just had an off night.

For me mildy are the best home team in the league, plenty get a hood hiding at west row

Disappointed and had expected Lakeside to put up more of a challenge but well done to Mildenhall. Sorry about the delay but obviously the paramedics did a great job and we wish the supporter well and a speedy return. The way they got through those races after the delay really shows what can be done if they put a mind to it. And finally what a change to restarts without messing about. Riders straight back to the tapes. Other leagues and riders take note, these lads put you to shame. Thanks for a reasonable meeting.

• Like 1

I totally agree about Laurence and Couzins. Couzins was arguably worth a punt but Laurence should never have been in the team in the first place. I can't remember the last time, if ever, I saw a rider in the 1-5 of any team that was so unsuited to the sport. I don't know what goes through Jon Cooks mind these days. In the past he has invariably managed to put together a team that was at least competitive and entertaining but he seems to have totally lost the plot these days.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 2

I was there yesterday, and it was a poor performance by the hammers. The whole club seems to be treading water at the moment. With a lack of any real leadership, it does make me fear for the future.

• Like 2

I was there and must agree that it is time to make a couple of changes nick started out ok

but the last couple of months he seems to have lost confidence big time just scoring 1 or 2 points

and not looking comfortable at all coming of the gas at every bend and ending up the length of the

straight behind everyone else also you can see the pits from where we were and seemed to be

no team spirit at all looked like jon was not there and kelvin didn't seem to be that interested and

had his rucksack on ready to shoot before tapes up last race no team talk then?.

we do need to strengthen if we are to make the playoffs a new 2nd string and 1 reserve

I might have to stop going away as the last dozen or so I have been we have been trounced

maybe I am bad luck well I am known as lucky dave. COYH

Lakeside have been terrible away for ever so I don't think it's you HAMMER 180 but I do agree we could do with replacing Laurence and Cousins.

I know i joke about Cook not travelling further North than Watford but Mildenhall, really?

I know i joke about Cook not travelling further North than Watford but Mildenhall, really?

Maybe he got stuck in traffic on the A11 whilst eating his dinner?

Meanwhile, unfair criticism of Kelvin Tatum (above) - he's a very busy man. Do you know how much effort it takes each week being on tele; digging a screwdriver into the dirt and naming each clubs' Number 1 as "the rider to watch Nige"?