British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aces51

Belle Vue V Somerset 21/8/17

Obviously not much interest. Fricke still absent but Tungate is back and Cookie probably jet lagged but should get a good reception. Somerset turned us over last time but think we shall win this time.

I would expect us to lay the bogey this time, latest forecast giving rain between 1700-2000 last 2 hours heavy so will have to see how that pans out.

Met office currently has heavy rain between 5 and 7pm followed by light rain clearing by 8pm. Hopefully, the drainage might be able to cope but obviously it depends on the amount that falls. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Should be comfortable for the Aces tonight.

I'm not so sure mate...nearly a full side, plus they have RR for Fricke, Tungate coming back. Depends on how Cook rides I reckon.

I'm not so sure mate...nearly a full side, plus they have RR for Fricke, Tungate coming back. Depends on how Cook rides I reckon.

Closer than I thought Gresh tbh. We really do need to get Richard and Pat going. Cam and Wrighty competitive again.

Tough conditions at the NSS for a third time running, big respect to the lads from both teams for battling on & putting on a show. Wright was really good, Heeps came good in the second half & Grajczonek was always a threat.

Cook looks back to his quick & aggressive best, well backed by Steve Worrall. Good to see Tungate back, despite being plagued by bike trouble. Three valuable points nearer the playoffs, fingers crossed for some positive news soon on Max Fricke.

Closer than I thought Gresh tbh. We really do need to get Richard and Pat going. Cam and Wrighty competitive again.

Hougaard has been really poor since returning from injury. Lawson's scores have dropped off badly too it seems.

• Like 3

Both not performing to the best of their ability. Shame, as I can see the end of the season turning into a damp squib.

Hougaard has been really poor since returning from injury. Lawson's scores have dropped off badly too it seems.

Have to say been disapointed with Hougaard, and a few more points from Lawson would have made the difference last night.

Having gone 10 behind in heat 10 it was puzzling that Somerset didn't use a tactical in heat 11, the last opportunity to do so. They had nothing to lose and it was that as much as anything that lost Somerset the bonus point.

• Like 1

4 double figure scores so far this season (including the away challenge match against Sheffield) for Hougaard. I reckon the management and fans were banking on a better return from him to be honest.

Personally, I get the feeling that he "just puts enough in". Certainly don't see him busting a gut to pass anyone, like messrs Allen or Wright.

• Like 1

Having gone 10 behind in heat 10 it was puzzling that Somerset didn't use a tactical in heat 11, the last opportunity to do so. They had nothing to lose and it was that as much as anything that lost Somerset the bonus point.

Not the first time the Rebels have made a strange tactical decision, They chose to use their tactical at Monmore in a heat against Lindgren and Howarth when the 2 heats either side of it were much better choices. Needless to say the tactical ride failed but they got 2 5-1's either side of it. Baffling

It wasn't last opportunity it can be used up to heat 12, but it was certainly strange it wasn't used in that heat although I would guess they would have put it in Grajczonek.

It wasn't last opportunity it can be used up to heat 12, but it was certainly strange it wasn't used in that heat although I would guess they would have put it in Grajczonek.

Correct Rob, my mistake, I just assumed they would use it straight away in heat 11.