British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Terry Betts Averages.

I just found an old autograph book and Bettsy was in there,so i had a look at his riding history.

I had forgot how good he was :oops:

1966.......9.41 1st in KL averages

1967.......9.74 1st

1968 ......9.45 1st

1969.......9.35 1st

1970.......9.22 1st

1971...... 9.62 1st

1972......10.51 1st

1973.......9.95 2nd

1974.......10.32 1st

1975..... .8.87 1st

1976......9.71 2nd

1977......9.78 2nd

1978.....8.10 2nd

Mr King's Lynn :t:

• Like 2

Superb team man and a loyal servant to "The Stars".

His international record was good with two WTC Golds and a World Best Pairs Gold but individually only qualified for the one World Final...but I personally would put that down to the number of genuine British riders there were during the seventies which made qualification all the more difficult beyond the British Final especially when one remembers that the 'Anzacs' were also involved at that stage.

Very consistent set of averages.Quite amazingly consistent.Was a very good rider,without being outstanding

Just looked at 1972 and Terry was equal 3rd in the league,behind Olsen and Mauger and tied with Michanek.Quite amazing really,that he could never kick on at individual level

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

Great Rider, Great Team Man who showed great loyalty to Kings Lynn.

A Rider who I very much admired when he was in his pomp. Which looks like all the time he rode looking at those figures.

Edited by The White Knight

Great rider great man enjoyed watching him very much really exciting to watch but for me his main asset was that he was a great team man loyal to the hilt.

• Like 1

Terry is always at the Norwich WSRA lunch every year. Get your tickets now and come along and say hello. It's on 29 October this year.

Terry Betts, my absolute idol when I was a youngster. My dad took me to Kings Lynn every week in the 70's and I would religiously wait in the riders car park in the same spot where he parked every week waiting for him to turn up so he could sign my autograph book(every week!). I stopped going when he left Lynn. He has been at Kings Lynn a couple of times this season and seeing the amount of fans that want their pic taken with him and autograph etc just show the esteem which he is held in at the club. Definately Mr Kings Lynn...

• Like 1