British Speedway Forum
flagrag

Relegation And Promotion Play Offs

Nope, laps 1&2 for one team with his position at end of lap 2 counting for one team, tear off helmet colour then laps 3&4 for the other team...........Simples.

It's getting better and better, funnier and funnier ( as well as more and more a pitiful look at those who "run' the sport and the ideas they don't have or fail to think through )

It's getting better and better, funnier and funnier ( as well as more and more a pitiful look at those who "run' the sport and the ideas they don't have or fail to think through )

Why not make both legs a double header between the two teams? Two meetings between the same clubs on the same night.....

I think someone tried this.

Back in 1986 Rye House were riding at Canterbury and had recently signed Alan Mogridge from the Crusaders. Canterbury were - for some reason - still using r/r for Moggo so in one heat he was riding for Rye against a rider replacement for himself! So not much has really changed in 31 years...

• Like 1

I often wonder if a gun being taken out of a toolbox in the pits at a Cradley vs Hackney match in 1969 after a fight on the track was ever true..

The bottom team in the prem should be relegated no questions asked

who going to take their place then as nobody will want to come up ? Edited by ray c

I guess in your little world its that simple bless you

It would be far easier for the relegation spot to be decided by the bottom two teams in the top league having a home/away play off.

Hmm, but as ray c intimates a couple of posts back, who comes up? It may not be a long queue...

who going to take their place then as nobody will want to come up ?

That's the thing.May cause more problems.If you inforce the R&P you might get Championship teams dropping points all over the place to avoid going up.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Why?

They don't do it in Europe so why should we?

Of course we should have a relegation race off. No question asked.

Hmm, but as ray c intimates a couple of posts back, who comes up? It may not be a long queue...

I suspect that the two or three teams coming up has already been decided and is nothing to do with what happens on the track. The re-structuring looks like being 12 in the top league with lots of shuffling around below that to make up the 2nd tier.

• Like 1

I often wonder if a gun being taken out of a toolbox in the pits at a Cradley vs Hackney match in 1969 after a fight on the track was ever true..

Did it involve a bloke wearing orange overalls?

I suspect that the two or three teams coming up has already been decided and is nothing to do with what happens on the track.

I suspect you may be right!

Why?

They don't do it in Europe so why should we?

Of course we should have a relegation race off. No question asked.

Yeh then the bottom team get relegated, no questions asked

who going to take their place then as nobody will want to come up ?

Im sure somebody will.