British Speedway Forum
flagrag

Relegation And Promotion Play Offs

As far as I know it will be Sheffield next Monday and then Leicester next Wednesday just waiting confirmation that BT are televising both meetings and then more information will be released

So BT don't televise the BV v Wolves match with a hugely controversial ending that would have made great TV..

A meeting that would decide who qualifies to try and win the Sports biggest domestic prize...

But they will show BOTH legs of a contrived bollox farce where teams swap/share riders, that will end up with either (or maybe neither) teams riding in the Premiership next year?

Looks like the Sport has a perfect media partner if they see this as credible...?

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 6

As I have said before, if they want a team to be relegated from the Premiership, then the play off should be between the bottom two teams in that league!

Would be better to have a one-off match at a neutral venue.

Long Eaton should be fine.

Totally ridiculous any team that wants to come up can and any that want to go down will be allowed to

So we have a promotion/relegation meeting between two teams int he Premiership and Championship but last week lowly NL Lakeside announced they're intending to just promote themselves two league to the Premiership having relegated themselves two leagues this year?

Right oh, thats seems fair, sensible and logical.

Meanwhile Damien Bates' two teams will race each other, thats his two teams that share 2 of their 7 riders. So one team will use R/R for a rider who is riding against them. I'm not sure whats worse, this joke of a meeting or Lakeside just doing whatever they please.

For feck sake :rolleyes:

Canny wait for Nigel explaining to the viewing public , once they decide who's riding for who , the make up of both sides .

One side will have to keep having break downs so the other one doesn't go up or down. Probably both be top league anyway.

Guests allowed as riding for their double up team

Re Lakeside - I think they hold a top flight licence which is 'on ice' and so as such can automatically ask to return if they wish next year.

Canny wait for Nigel explaining to the viewing public , once they decide who's riding for who , the make up of both sides .

Effectively you could have the same rider's different scores in the two legs being the difference between the two teams he rode for....

Meaning he could actually keep himself and his team up...

Whilst at the same time keeping himself and his team down...

Or...

He could get himself and his team promoted....

Whilst delivering himself and his team relegated....

(I think)!?😨

Good luck with that one Nigel....😉😂

Edit: will he shake hands with himself at the end.?😲

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 5

The second leg is now shown on the Lion's website as being on Wednesday, 11th October.

But strangely no away leg listed