British Speedway Forum
flagrag

Relegation And Promotion Play Offs

Lakeside had a place in the premiership this season but due to issues with not knowing if they would have a track or not that place was put on ice as the AGM was before they would know.

perfectly fine for Lakeside to come back up if you ask me and the more teams the better in the league

I agree more teams the better but try explaining to none speedway fans that the play off between Leicester and Sheffield that both teams use some of the same riders and Lakeside 2 leagues lower want to jump straight to the Premiership without working there way through the leagues these none speedway fans would be rolling on the floor laughing. It's a total joke how can our sport have any credibility?
  • Like 2

So BT don't televise the BV v Wolves match with a hugely controversial ending that would have made great TV..

A meeting that would decide who qualifies to try and win the Sports biggest domestic prize...

But they will show BOTH legs of a contrived bollox farce where teams swap/share riders, that will end up with either (or maybe neither) teams riding in the Premiership next year?

Looks like the Sport has a perfect media partner if they see this as credible...?

Yes it is a farce that Sheffield will have two riders in their team who could also have ridden for Leicester but to suggest the BV v Wolves was more credible when, of 12 riders present, 9 regularly occupy a total of 11 other British team places surely makes it an even bigger farce. Good move in my sarcastic opinion not to have televised it.

You could get rid of doubling up/down other than we then get the usual suspects on here wanting to ban every other rider under the sun for "crimes" which they seem to commit all the time, xenophobic irrationality, a desire to knock anyone who is not going to make it (Kyle Howarth unbelievably being one of the candidates last year ) or sheer jealously that they have screwed up their boring lives and can't bear to see dedicated young people getting on.

I will be spending around £250 to attend both these matches and don't give a f@ck what the saddos on the BSF may think. Ironically Ipswich also have 2 riders who would have been in the same position but I know that the majority of their true fans would have been looking forward to attending these matches had they won. I will actually be giving a lift to a Witches fan to see these two matches and know he would rather have been doing the driving.

To make MikeBV feel at home though I'll throw a couple of bottles at one of the opposition riders. I have to agree that would have been really great TV.

RIP Tom Petty

• Like 3

I'm looking forward to it too because looking on the bright side it's surely got to be better than how I spent October 11th last year after breaking my hip in Snowdonia. :lol:

Can someone point me to where exactly BT have said both meetings will be shown live on TV? As I can't see anything stating the second leg will be televised

As for those asking how is this on TV and the second leg of the Premiership semi final wasnt, well the fact that meeting went up against potentially the biggest sporting competition in the world, a competition that BT have invested several 100 million in, speedway isn't likely to jump the queue.

The fact that this meeting wasn't part of the original package that BT took over from SKY could be seen as a good sign that they are happy with the viewing figures and are happy to invest some of their own money in televising the sport, or is it due to the BV Wolves meeting being postponed they still effectively "owe" British speedway another televised fixture?

Yes it is a farce that Sheffield will have two riders in their team who could also have ridden for Leicester but to suggest the BV v Wolves was more credible when, of 12 riders present, 9 regularly occupy a total of 11 other British team places surely makes it an even bigger farce. Good move in my sarcastic opinion not to have televised it.

You could get rid of doubling up/down other than we then get the usual suspects on here wanting to ban every other rider under the sun for "crimes" which they seem to commit all the time, xenophobic irrationality, a desire to knock anyone who is not going to make it (Kyle Howarth unbelievably being one of the candidates last year ) or sheer jealously that they have screwed up their boring lives and can't bear to see dedicated young people getting on.

I will be spending around £250 to attend both these matches and don't give a f@ck what the saddos on the BSF may think. Ironically Ipswich also have 2 riders who would have been in the same position but I know that the majority of their true fans would have been looking forward to attending these matches had they won. I will actually be giving a lift to a Witches fan to see these two matches and know he would rather have been doing the driving.

To make MikeBV feel at home though I'll throw a couple of bottles at one of the opposition riders. I have to agree that would have been really great TV.

RIP Tom Petty

After spending £250 Mr Ore, I wouldn't waste any money on throwing good booze away...😆

Have fun....

And may the best 'team' win....😉

Edited by mikebv

Can someone point me to where exactly BT have said both meetings will be shown live on TV? As I can't see anything stating the second leg will be televised

As for those asking how is this on TV and the second leg of the Premiership semi final wasnt, well the fact that meeting went up against potentially the biggest sporting competition in the world, a competition that BT have invested several 100 million in, speedway isn't likely to jump the queue.

The fact that this meeting wasn't part of the original package that BT took over from SKY could be seen as a good sign that they are happy with the viewing figures and are happy to invest some of their own money in televising the sport, or is it due to the BV Wolves meeting being postponed they still effectively "owe" British speedway another televised fixture?

Said last night on BT will have a look at the dates.

Doesn't show any listing on my BT Sport app on "live events coming up on BT Sport". So rather confusing!

'pretend promotion-relegation' the BSPA are taking us for mugs. It's an insult.

Some confusion on the ISL Calendar;

Mon 9

* Promotion / Relegation Final Leg 1 SGBP League

** Ipswich Reserved TBC Promotion / Relegation Play Off

*** Sheffield Reserved TBC Promotion / Relegation Play Off

I see that Leicester have confirmed Heeps as the guest for Bates with no mention of guest for Bjerre or Pawel P

I get BTSport on Virgin Media. Both meetings are on their programme schedule for 19.30hours on Monday and Wednesday on BT Sport 1.

• Like 1

I get BTSport on Virgin Media. Both meetings are on their programme schedule for 19.30hours on Monday and Wednesday on BT Sport 1.

Both legs are showing on my BT guide planner for next week.

I think the best the fans can do is boycott these meetings to show what a complete and utter mess of the sport the promoters are making.

Just don't go. Don't watch it on TV.

Ignore it and it will go away.

I think the best the fans can do is boycott these meetings to show what a complete and utter mess of the sport the promoters are making.

Just don't go. Don't watch it on TV.

Ignore it and it will go away.

If only that were true!!!