British Speedway Forum
flagrag

Relegation And Promotion Play Offs

In that case it has to be Garrity in for Bjerre

Gawd 'elp us. Much rather it be Paddy.H if he would & Somerset don't make it any further in t'cup.

Wont be for 2nd leg either as he will be riding for Belle Vue.

don't the play offs take priority over other fixtures. All the belle vue and lakeside double uppers are riding at the NSS tomorrow.

The promotion relegation game is just a con to get more money out of supporters at the end of the season.

Let’s be honest any club could apply to run in the Premiership and would be welcomed with open arms, all you need is a track and a starting gate.

Personally I would say the crucial thing would be which club Damien wants in the Premiership next year.

Have to agreed with that last sentence, if the fixed night rumours of Monday & Thursday for the Premiership are true, it would make sense for both clubs to keep their existing race nights with Sheffield going into the Premiership, riding on a Thursday & Leicester in the Championship on Saturdays.

Gawd 'elp us. Much rather it be Paddy.H if he would & Somerset don't make it any further in t'cup.

I think he's being sarcastic. :lol: When Garrity rode at Leicester last time he went from 15 metres in three of his races so would be a good rider to guest if you want to lose the match. :wink:

.....stevethelion.......it would make sense for both clubs to keep their existing race nights with Sheffield going into the Premiership, riding on a Thursday & Leicester in the Championship on Saturdays.

I live in hope that this will happen while I'm still capable of getting to Beaumont Park as I much prefer Championship racing, but I doubt it will happen.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 2

Is Przedpelski not riding for Leicester then? He's wild card in the GP this weekend. Or can he still "not fly". If he doesn't ride for the Lions I think we can read a lot into how much they want to stay in the 1st division

I think he's being sarcastic. :lol: When Garrity rode at Leicester last time he went from 15 metres in three of his races so would be a good rider to guest if you want to lose the match. :wink:

I remember it well. Seem to recall after the 3 tape infringements, he came out for his fourth ride & automatically stopped 15 metres short of the tapes & got ready to go! Comedy gold.

• Like 1

I remember it well. Seem to recall after the 3 tape infringements, he came out for his fourth ride & automatically stopped 15 metres short of the tapes & got ready to go! Comedy gold.

Speedway's equivalent of Noel Gallagher. But without the talent

Have to agreed with that last sentence, if the fixed night rumours of Monday & Thursday for the Premiership are true, it would make sense for both clubs to keep their existing race nights with Sheffield going into the Premiership, riding on a Thursday & Leicester in the Championship on Saturdays.

Agree with you there. But Leicester would have to be sure to build a top notch Championship side otherwise they risk attendances plummeting to unsustainable levels.

Another scenario I can imagine is Leicester winning this playoff thing, but the two clubs changing places anyway!!

According to Damien's comments on the Sheffield website and in the Speedway Star, Sheffield will be going all out for Promotion to the top tier!!

He isn't going to say in public if he wanted to loose is he!

Sheffield were on Look North BBC news trying to promote the meeting. Lets hope there is big crowd and great racing! for the spectators who don't know what is going on. :P

Riders for Leicester confirmed :

Kerr stands in for Lasse Bjerre whilst Cameron Heeps replaces Josh Bates. Both riders are required by Sheffield, who have priority on their services.

Not sure thats correct how they will ride though as Heeps average is higher than Kerr's - Kerr 5.06, Heeps 5.25

Oh dear Leicester look in trouble with Lewis Kerr in for Lasse and no Pawel.

They need to hope that Heeps and Newman can score lots of points at reserve and Kim & Danny can take points of Josh G and Lasse

and no Pawel.

why no Pawel?

Rosco should have put on a celebratory meeting. But there you go eh. But i wouldn't worry yourself you aint going to win it this year..

🤣😜
  • Like 1

Even by the mad house that is uk speedway this takes some beating ...an ever bigger joke is that it's on tv

• Like 1

Even by the mad house that is uk speedway this takes some beating ...an ever bigger joke is that it's on tv

Agree, but on the other hand it could be fixed up to be a cracking meeting! Invite all your sponsors and get them to invite all there sponsors and so on. Your local Councillors & lord mayor, press, keeley donovan can sort the weather out! etc.