British Speedway Forum
flagrag

Relegation And Promotion Play Offs

There is no point in having promotion/relegation unless teams abide by the results. It looks like Sheffield want to come up - what would happen if they lose this double headed money spinner? It would be shocking if Sheffield lose and still find themselves in the Premiership. Similarly if Leicester lose and stay up. Speedway is not a sport for promotion/relegation as it very much depends on funds.

• Like 3

Was that the last time that the higher league team took the drop? There was a promotion/relegation play-off in 2008 when Wolves retained their status by beating Edinburgh.

It was, but theres no point in having these meetings. The powers that be are brain dead. I never knew what they was on then, and still don't

Edited by Starman2006

Generally any team wanting to be in the top league will be welcomed. Lakeside have already said it is what they want. So if that's still the case how can the losers of this Playoff be told they can't be in the top league?

All this is pretty much too obvious to bother saying. At least it gives another couple of TV matches at venues which aren't seen all that often.

• Like 1

Generally any team wanting to be in the top league will be welcomed. Lakeside have already said it is what they want. So if that's still the case how can the losers of this Playoff be told they can't be in the top league?

All this is pretty much too obvious to bother saying. At least it gives another couple of TV matches at venues which aren't seen all that often.

You know more than most regarding this situation,like you say anybody wanting to be in top league will be welcome.Stuff the rest !!! The crux of the matter to me is how many teams want a Monday as race night,? Edited by Fromafar

Was that the last time that the higher league team took the drop? There was a promotion/relegation play-off in 2008 when Wolves retained their status by beating Edinburgh.

Was there? That one must have completely whizzed past me without me even noticing!

Wasn't that the year of the 39.95 points limit and the exciting new era in speedway?

Swindon in 93 is the only time I can recall a team getting relegated. Thankfully Jason Crump was available so it turned out ok.

• Like 1

SHEFFIELD: Scott Nicholls, Todd Kurtz, Lasse Bjerre, Josh Bates, Kyle Howarth, Jan Graversen, Georgie Wood.

LEICESTER: Kim Nilsson, Lewis Kerr, Pawel Przedpelski, Erik Riss, Danny King, Cameron Heeps, Kyle Newman.

Pawel Przedpelski, is not riding so I assume it's RR for him.

Edited by nightshift

SHEFFIELD: Scott Nicholls, Todd Kurtz, Lasse Bjerre, Josh Bates, Kyle Howarth, Jan Graversen, Georgie Wood.

LEICESTER: Kim Nilsson, Lewis Kerr, Pawel Przedpelski, Erik Riss, Danny King, Cameron Heeps, Kyle Newman.

Pawel Przedpelski, is not riding so I assume it's RR for him.

Since there's no longer a good reason for Przedpelski to not be riding - surely he's got to either be deemed to be withholding his services, or else it's a NL guest for him?

He can't fly can he????? ;-) ;-)

Added to which he'll undoubtedly pick up an injury in Gdansk this afternoon!!!

Edited by Skidder1

Can anyone who knows the rules confirm whether Leicester have missed out with something here.

Could they have had a guest for Pawel and then gone for RR for Lasse so can higher average guest

Can anyone who knows the rules confirm whether Leicester have missed out with something here.

Could they have had a guest for Pawel and then gone for RR for Lasse so can higher average guest

Guest for either as per the rule book- Pawel 2nd in Averages Lasse 4th- maybe they felt they would be stronger in getting Nilsson a R/R ride by using R/R for pawel

Edited by racers and royals

Pav is "unavailable"... Which seems to be a cause of absence for many riders these days

Unavailable means... We're trying to cover up the real reason

Was there? That one must have completely whizzed past me without me even noticing!

Must confess that I only read today about the promotion/relegation matches that apparently took place in the subsequent two years. They whizzed past me likewise!

IF, as I was assured by a senior member of the BSPA over the weekend, Mondays and Thursday are a done deal for the Premiership, that would suit Sheffield in the PL and Leicester in the CL.