British Speedway Forum
flagrag

Relegation And Promotion Play Offs

Just to make this a bigger farce BT still have the second leg on their programme schedule despite them agreeing for it to be off.

He is injured and will not be riding today.

I understand that

That fact is irrelevant to the farcical scenario

I think when you look at the line ups tonight it should make for good racing.

Agreed. sorry, my post was in reply to alan jones who said that we could fill 17 teams in one big league. i agree that Leicester and sheffield are relatively evenly matches.

Well if Leicester dont win tonight then they dont deserve to be in the top flight.

Sheffield: Nicholls, T. Kurtz, L. Bjerre, Bates, R/R, Graversen & Wood.

Well if Leicester dont win tonight then they dont deserve to be in the top flight.

Sheffield: Nicholls, T. Kurtz, L. Bjerre, Bates, R/R, Graversen & Wood.

Yeah but Leicester are bottom for a reason and without a rider who is fit but seemingly can't be bothered to come over.

Yeah but Leicester are bottom for a reason and without a rider who is fit but seemingly can't be bothered to come over.

Doesn't matter. Sheffield are without Grajczonek & Howarth. Apart from Nilsson all of the Lions riders have done a few meetings around Sheffield this year.

Doesn't matter. Sheffield are without Grajczonek & Howarth. Apart from Nilsson all of the Lions riders have done a few meetings around Sheffield this year.

Yes but they have Nicholls who is better than either of them, I can see Sheffield winning but not by much, they should get Brady in Todd's race suit I am sure no one would notice!

Instead of watching this I'm off to see Peter Rabbit at the pictures and on Wednesday instead of going to Brum I'm off to see Cilla the musical and because I'm away for the Golden Hammer I don't think il bother with Eastie at Monmore Green the week before. Looks like me done and dusted this year. Unfortunately there's better value for money stuff to do than speedway these days. Il still follow it and go next year but if there's something else to do il do that instead. Just like Saturday, once upon I time I wouldn't miss a GP but il tape it now and watch it later if I've got something else to do. Drinking in this case

Kyle Howarth is looking forward to these meetings and winning promotion to the Premiership

Where he already rides for another club

He'll probably be replaced by Pav next year

So Sheffield will be having RR for an injured rider while Leicester run it for a perfectly fit rider who wont come over for meeting, makes sense in Speedway I suppose

Probably wasn't even asked to come over

Congratulations/commiserations in advance to Lasse Bjerre and Josh Bates on their promotion/relegation to/from the Premier League

• Like 3

It will be interesting to see how BT treat this meeting tonight. I suspect that they will try to pull fans into the drama of a season defying promotion / relegation decider although we all know this meaning is a complete farce. I suppose Pearson will tow the party line although some honesty wouldn't go a miss explaining that even if Sheffield win they may still not get promoted if they don't fancy it which would mean Leicester would stay up if they chose to even if they lost and lastly Lakeside will probably move up to the top division even though they are currently in the 3rd tier and not involved in any promotion / relegation tie, clear as mud but will probably be bypassed by BT and Pearson to save the sport looking a farce. No matter what problems exist in British speedway BT sport does not seem a vehicle to mention them

Could be a good meeting two evenly matched teams Sheffield to win by ten

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1

OK guys and gals - how many times will Woffy get a mention on BT Sports tonight?!

• Like 1

Was there? That one must have completely whizzed past me without me even noticing!

Wasn't that the year of the 39.95 points limit and the exciting new era in speedway?

Swindon in 93 is the only time I can recall a team getting relegated. Thankfully Jason Crump was available so it turned out ok.

I went to the away leg, must have been really worried !