British Speedway Forum
flagrag

Relegation And Promotion Play Offs

For the 2 play-off meetings between Wolves & Swindon, the cameras kept panning the HUGE crowds watching. Last night, I don't remember once the cameras panning the crowd. Could anyone tell me whether the crowd last night was much bigger than a normal Sheffield meeting, as there didn't seem to be a lot there. Or was the crowd that low because everyone realised what a farce of a meeting it was.

Haven't seen any reply to this post as all the posts now seem to be about the clubs statements. So I will ask again out of curiosity what was the crowd size like last night compared to the rest of the season.

It was roughly what you'd expect to see on a Thursday night for a normal league fixture,maybe not as many on the 3rd/4th bends as usual. There didn't seem to be any Lions fans around though.

• Like 1

I thought the attendance was a bit up on a normal Thursday night. They were quite a few Lions fan's on the 1st and 2nd bends and they made a bit of noise cheering the Lions on. utt

• Like 1

I have no allegiance to either team, so this question is as a neutral. Was there a valid reason for Leicester's Polish rider to miss the meeting? If there wasn't, I believe it is in the rules that only a NL rider could take his place and not R/R. Have Sheffield ridden under protest, or was it done to make Leicester strong enough to make sure they won.

I have no allegiance to either team, so this question is as a neutral. Was there a valid reason for Leicester's Polish rider to miss the meeting? If there wasn't, I believe it is in the rules that only a NL rider could take his place and not R/R. Have Sheffield ridden under protest, or was it done to make Leicester strong enough to make sure they won.

The club and the BSPA have 2 options

1 if they don't want the rider banned they use the " non facility" option

2 if the club use a facility the rider is classed as " witholding his services" and the rider gets a 28 day ban- unless it's Scunthorpe who only seem to get 14days !!!!!

• Like 1

The club and the BSPA have 2 options

1 if they don't want the rider banned they use the " non facility" option

2 if the club use a facility the rider is classed as " witholding his services" and the rider gets a 28 day ban- unless it's Scunthorpe who only seem to get 14days !!!!!

Or

3 the BSPA MC reserve the right to amend any team line up whenever they feel like it as they did with Glasgow v Newcastle KOC.

It wouldn't surprise me, if D.Bates gives up his ownership of Leicester either by a close associate (eg family member) taking over ownership, or by selling outright.

He's made the tough yards by sorting out the mess he took over, and so who could blame him if he now wants to focus on getting Sheffield established successfully in the Premiership and let someone else build on his work at Leicester.

People were moaning about last nights (Wednesday) return leg being moved to next Monday. The weather was dreadful, and had been forecast to be so, it was the correct decision. You really cant win with some people.

Monday Live Sports on TV

Leicester Lions v Sheffield Tigers BT Sport

Leicester City v West Brom Sky Sports

Will the people of Leicester really come out to support a nothing speedway match at Full price when its on TV along side the local premier league football team.

The promotion should of lowered the entrance price for this match.

Monday Live Sports on TV

Leicester Lions v Sheffield Tigers BT Sport

Leicester City v West Brom Sky Sports

Will the people of Leicester really come out to support a nothing speedway match at Full price when its on TV along side the local premier league football team.

The promotion should of lowered the entrance price for this match.

From the press release, wasn't it BT who requested the change of night, due to the bad weather forecast, so no real blame attached to the club, presumably they realised it would clash with the football. The ironic thing is the forecast was wrong, where I am, about 4 miles from the track we had a few light showers from about 3pm, but not even enough to wet the pavements. although it was windy & with leaden sky's it wouldn't have made for a pleasant evening. But the meeting would have gone ahead no problem.

• Like 1

From the press release, wasn't it BT who requested the change of night, due to the bad weather forecast, so no real blame attached to the club, presumably they realised it would clash with the football. The ironic thing is the forecast was wrong, where I am, about 4 miles from the track we had a few light showers from about 3pm, but not even enough to wet the pavements. although it was windy & with leaden sky's it wouldn't have made for a pleasant evening. But the meeting would have gone ahead no problem.

I don't think they have thought through the pricing for this match to get fans to turn up at BP, this is a Bad PR from Leicester speedway.

Who is going to go to a meeting that is already over and who is going to watch it on tv , crazy scheduling and no price reduction. It would have been much better to televise the cup match.