British Speedway Forum
flagrag

Relegation And Promotion Play Offs

Who is going to go to a meeting that is already over and who is going to watch it on tv , crazy scheduling and no price reduction. It would have been much better to televise the cup match.

Perhaps people who like speedway and enjoy a night out at their local track, especially when it's likely to be nearly six months before the next opportunity?

(People who actually like speedway? No, it'll never catch on....)

• Like 3

Perhaps people who like speedway and enjoy a night out at their local track, especially when it's likely to be nearly six months before the next opportunity?

And an ideal opportunity for sufferers of enochlophobia to get out and watch some speedway

Lions website previews tonight's meeting and advises that there will be an important announcement about the future of the club. Interesting to see what that will be, especially in front of a sparse crowd. I do wonder whether a low crowd will give ammunition to the "Saturday night" track scenario and no to fixed race nights.

GlennyLion The announcement will be a very positive thing for the club and there is likely to be another positive one in a few days time as well.

By the sounds of it plans for 2018 are well advanced which is good to see.

Edited by flagrag
  • Like 4

I may be in a minority then because I wouldn't go if it was my team. there will always be a hardcore that go but why go to a one sided match with little or no passing, the result of which doesn't matter especially if I was a football fan too and my home team were playing on the same night in a must win game.

I may be in a minority then because I wouldn't go if it was my team. there will always be a hardcore that go but why go to a one sided match with little or no passing, the result of which doesn't matter especially if I was a football fan too and my home team were playing on the same night in a must win game.

Different strokes for different folks.

And an ideal opportunity for sufferers of enochlophobia to get out and watch some speedway .

I don't think crowds are a problem at Speedway these days.

Edited by nightshift

Different strokes for different folks.

And an ideal opportunity for sufferers of enochlophobia to get out and watch some speedway .

I don't think crowds are a problem at Speedway these days.

Depends where you go and what importance is put on the meeting.

I think its perhaps dependent on the severity of the individuals complaint. However, I think one would be ok at most Speedway meetings.

Edited by nightshift

Well I'm going. It's my hometown club and I enjoy the buzz of a speedway meeting. Regardless. Hope some others are too!

• Like 4

I don't know how any club can make important announcements for 2018 when the league structures, fixed days, averages, etc etc have not been decided.

Leicester could announce they are dropping down then its one big league! who knows?

Well I'm going. It's my hometown club and I enjoy the buzz of a speedway meeting. Regardless. Hope some others are too!

As it is on telly it should be reduced price, they could encourage a few more.

I don't know how any club can make important announcements for 2018 when the league structures, fixed days, averages, etc etc have not been decided.

Leicester could announce they are dropping down then its one big league! who knows?

Could be a rider who has been signed for 2018, new sponsor, track alterations being made, new stand being constructed, a sun block being put up...the possibilities are almost endless.

A must win football match in October? Really?

There are at least 12 more Leicester City home fixtures between now and mid-March. There are 0 Lions fixtures.

Of course it's your choice and obviously speedway's just a casual interest.

• Like 1