British Speedway Forum
flagrag

Relegation And Promotion Play Offs

With the Play off final dates much later than expected, does this mean the League cut off date will be extended so that all clubs can fulfill their fixture list? No reason to cram all meetings in before 6th September now surely???? Play off semis probably 18th & 25th September so cut off could easily be put back to 11th or 13th September?

The playoff final has been brought forward a week, not back

What a bunch of useless c***s these people are.

Do the powers that be actually give a monkeys about us mere supporters (its an ironic question - I know the answer)

I deliberately planned my job around the PO to ensure that should Swindon be successful and reach:-

1) The Play Offs

2) The Final

It was all sorted. Now I find I am on the outskirts of London for a 2 day meeting with another colleague, which, should they be successful, will hamper my attempts to attend either fixture. Having barely missed a fixture for 10 years at home and attended all the PO semi finals and travelled away on a number of occasions during this period this really is a poor way to treat proper fans.

W*****S

Edited by theblueboy
  • Like 4

What a bunch of useless c***s these people are.

Do the powers that be actually give a monkeys about us mere supporters (its an ironic question - I know the answer)

I deliberately planned my job around the PO to ensure that should Swindon be successful and reach:-

1) The Play Offs

2) The Final

It was all sorted. Now I find I am on the outskirts of London for a 2 day meeting with another colleague, which, should they be successful, will hamper my attempts to attend either fixture. Having barely missed a fixture for 10 years at home and attended all the PO semi finals and travelled away on a number of occasions during this period this really is a poor way to treat proper fans.

W*****S

They do it all the time. I got fecked over by Poole a couple of years ago and couldn't attend as the date was changed last minute. As if we matter, we just turn up every week and love handing over that cash.

The second leg would be the away leg then, if Swindon make it.

So that will have to be the away leg then. Unless the Swindon riders are doubling up as greyhounds as well.

Why should we be forced to have the second leg away, they may be able to get the dogs changed if BT pay Stadia UK compensation.

• Like 1

Why should we be forced to have the second leg away, they may be able to get the dogs changed if BT pay Stadia UK compensation.

Poole last season gave Wolves the second leg of the playoff semi as Monmore was not available for the first leg.

If Swindon want the second leg of the final, then they will have to ask dogs to move. Or take the first leg.

But of course they might not even make the final. They could lose out to Rye House or Poole in the semi.

Poole last season gave Wolves the second leg of the playoff semi as Monmore was not available for the first leg.

If Swindon want the second leg of the final, then they will have to ask dogs to move. Or take the first leg.

But of course they might not even make the final. They could lose out to Rye House or Poole in the semi.

Poole will be very lucky to even get into the semis.

• Like 1

Those of who, at the time of the AGM, said that the promotion and relegation malarkey was crap.

Were shot down in flames as being doom-mongers by those who saw sun shining out of a Buster-shaped orifice.

Sometimes it is better to get the simple things working before promising what is not achievable.

In Speedway terms we must always set our hurdles very low indeed.

About an inch high seems just too much.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 2

Maybe the promotion/relegation playoff is scrapped because the league structure will change next year?

• Like 3

Maybe the promotion/relegation playoff is scrapped because the league structure will change next year?

No Poole have stated that if they get beaten by Glasgow they would not want to drop to the lower league.

• Like 1

it's a farce, if the prem team looses the relegation playoff they just re-apply and get put back in next season. no bother, no fuss.

The BSPA must think we;re a load of numpties to believe this relegation crap.

• Like 1

Doesn't look like they've been scrapped, just dates swapped with the Prem Final, possibly to give the Championship a chance to do their Playoffs? No way would they have been completed in time for 2nd October

I was looking forward to the imaginative approach the BSPA would take to a Leicester v Ipswich or Sheffield promotion/ relegation tie.

Who would Danny King, Kyle Newman, Lasse Bjerre or Josh Bates ride for?

• Like 2

I was looking forward to the imaginative approach the BSPA would take to a Leicester v Ipswich or Sheffield promotion/ relegation tie.

Who would Danny King, Kyle Newman, Lasse Bjerre or Josh Bates ride for?

Was looking forward to that scenario for the comedy value , but it looks a non starter as I don't think the league structure will be the same next season .

so am i right in assuming that there is no promotion and relegation at all.so really the play offs are a complete waste of time if that is the case.where is this mentioned that this won't be happening then.