British Speedway Forum
flagrag

Relegation And Promotion Play Offs

Plenty, are you watching the same match?

No I'm not watching, just asked a question. That OK with you.

No I'm not watching, just asked a question. That OK with you.

Strange question all the same.

Glad I can educate you then.

Perfectly fine with me. :t:

Strange question all the same.

Glad I can educate you then.

Perfectly fine with me. :t:

Watching the football which is very poor. Not a Leicester track lover, didn't know if to switch over..

Glad your OK with my question. :t:

Plenty, are you watching the same match?

tbf, until heat 9 it was crap. 10 was great, 11 was alright.

Watching the football which is very poor. Not a Leicester track lover, didn't know if to switch over..

Glad your OK with my question. :t:

That's a dilemma.

Poor footie or decent speedway!

:wink:

I dread clicking over as my Baggies can be hard work at the best of times.

tbf, until heat 9 it was crap. 10 was great, 11 was alright.

There was passing even if it was early on.

Some close heats have seen it already way better than the bore fest at a supposed better track last week.

Whatever the result it is still good to have speedway on TV and with only one more meeting to go with the GP one can only hope that speedway carries on on TV in 2018. A big thanks to BT sport.

• Like 5

Nothing wrong with this meeting good watching

Edited by ray c
  • Like 2

FFS how can Leicester win a trophy for coming bottom but winning a run off. Open top bus ride tomorrow no doubt. :nono:

• Like 2

That's a dilemma.

Poor footie or decent speedway!

:wink:

I dread clicking over as my Baggies can be hard work at the best of times.

There was passing even if it was early on.

Some close heats have seen it already way better than the bore fest at a supposed better track last week.

Baggies winning!

• Like 1

Well that Leicester City fan missed a decent night's speedway. I take it the Foxes' performance in that 'must win' match means they are now relegated. Funny sport football. I remember when it was all decided at the end of the season.

Anyway, over five months before they can resume their casual support of the sport.

BT did a great job of presenting these two extra matches - putting aside the illogicality of it all and just enjoying a couple of nights of speedway. More fool those too busy trying to prove how clever they were - and failing dismally.

Can't wait for the next match. Just hope it's on BT. Would prefer to be at the tracks but we have to take what fate gives us. At least most of have a choice. Sadly not me. Always hated close seasons, especially now they've grown longer for most teams.

Edited by Rob McCaffery
  • Like 2

Well that Leicester City fan missed a decent night's speedway. I take it the Foxes' performance in that 'must win' match means they are now relegated. Funny sport football. I remember when it was all decided at the end of the season.

Anyway, over five months before they can resume their casual support of the sport.

BT did a great job of presenting these two extra matches - putting aside the illogicality of it all and just enjoying a couple of nights of speedway. More fool those too busy trying to prove how clever they were - and failing dismally.

Can't wait for the next match. Just hope it's on BT. Would prefer to be at the tracks but we have to take what fate gives us. At least most of have a choice. Sadly not me. Always hated close seasons, especially now they've grown longer for most teams.

Which Leicester city fan missed the speedway? There were lots of casual once a season supporters tonight then.

Wasn't the worst meeting, despite the conditions causing the track to be very slick. Always enjoy seeing Palm Toft ride and it was also good to see Georgie Wood do well. How anyone could choose to watch West Brom play anti-football over Speedway is beyond me.

As for the whole promotion/relegation farce - can it not just be binned for once and for all, certainly whilst doubling up exists. Pretty sure when the concept was introduced the time before, Terry Russell said the sport needed p/r to give it "credibility". How ironic.

• Like 2

I watched the speedway, then turned over for the last 30 mins of the football. Neither were riveting viewing.

Lions website previews tonight's meeting and advises that there will be an important announcement about the future of the club. Interesting to see what that will be, especially in front of a sparse crowd. I do wonder whether a low crowd will give ammunition to the "Saturday night" track scenario and no to fixed race nights.

Don't bother doing the lottery this week as your prediction was way out about a sparse/low crowd because it looked pretty good to me. A lot of tracks would be happy to get an attendance like that, especially for a pretty unimportant fixture as the result was never in doubt and having to brave horrible weather.

Surely then there should be nobody anywhere near the stands?

I don't know about being anywhere near the stands but I was also worried about the lights which were rocking around in the high wind. :shock:

• Like 1

Thought Danny King was poor in the meeting but then just watched the TV recording and it seems he was very much under the weather / ill on the night and looked to me as though he was about to 'puke up' straight after his interview after falling off ! So forgiven ......