British Speedway Forum
flagrag

Relegation And Promotion Play Offs

Swindon will not want to give up the 2nd leg at home- and the stadium will probably make arrangements with BAGS for that one night.

The A means afternoon, this happens every Monday at Wolves and finishes at about 6.20, easily sorted for 7.30 start

The A means afternoon, this happens every Monday at Wolves and finishes at about 6.20, easily sorted for 7.30 start

He was on about Swindon where on a wed there is dog racing starting at 6.30.

When we won the league the second leg was at Poole, the problem was that we did not have any more home meetings to celebrate the win.

• Like 2

When we won the league the second leg was at Poole, the problem was that we did not have any more home meetings to celebrate the win.

Do what we do, be there and celebrate on the night

Rosco should have put on a celebratory meeting. But there you go eh. But i wouldn't worry yourself you aint going to win it this year..

Edited by Starman2006

Rosco should have put on a celebratory meeting. But there you go eh. But i wouldn't worry yourself you aint going to win it this year..

Well, they are certainly in form and currently top the table. Which team would you expect to win?

Do what we do, be there and celebrate on the night

Many fans did go and after the rain off did not go to about the third attempt.

:rofl: At least we will not be near being in the relegation meeting that could be the option for your lot :lol: .

• Like 2

I was looking forward to the imaginative approach the BSPA would take to a Leicester v Ipswich or Sheffield promotion/ relegation tie.

Who would Danny King, Kyle Newman, Lasse Bjerre or Josh Bates ride for?

Maybe they can ride for the home team in each leg 😉

Relegation/promotion would only work if the team winning actually wants to be promoted. It's not like football where you're guaranteed a vast amount of money moving to the top division.

Glasgow wouldn't want to be promoted as they'd lose all of their local meetings with Edinburgh. The closest club to them would be in Manchester!

Edited by Shads

I was looking forward to the imaginative approach the BSPA would take to a Leicester v Ipswich or Sheffield promotion/ relegation tie.

Who would Danny King, Kyle Newman, Lasse Bjerre or Josh Bates ride for?

I thought that the ruling was that the rider would ride for the club that owned him, and then if that failed ride for the club who he made most appearences for this season.

I thought that the ruling was that the rider would ride for the club that owned him, and then if that failed ride for the club who he made most appearences for this season.

Most appearances? Not heard that before, would almost always favour the championship side as they have more meetings

My understanding from speaking to the Leicester promotion in the event of any clashes with riders have same teams in relegation meetings is that they were expecting that riders would ride for the home team so at Sheffield Bates and Bjerre as Tigers and then at Leicester for the Lions.

I am a little surprised that the promotors have dropped this idea as financially it would have been a good money earner for both clubs as Leicester fans generally travel well especially if it was against Sheffield or Ipswich

My understanding from speaking to the Leicester promotion in the event of any clashes with riders have same teams in relegation meetings is that they were expecting that riders would ride for the home team so at Sheffield Bates and Bjerre as Tigers and then at Leicester for the Lions.

I am a little surprised that the promotors have dropped this idea as financially it would have been a good money earner for both clubs as Leicester fans generally travel well especially if it was against Sheffield or Ipswich

Frankly, if it is true that this been dropped.

Then we should be damned grateful.

The method you suggest for deciding teams is just bonkers.

More Mickey Mouse than anything I gave ever heard.

• Like 1