British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greyhoundp

Iow V Bv Colts 22/08/2017

What should have been the Warriors best attended meeting has been somewhat reduced in value by the withdrawal of Jack Smith & Dan Bewley from the meeting due to supposedly resting them due to a heavy raceload.

I really feel sorry for the IOW promotion who work so hard to promote the Sport on the Island, and the supporters who were looking forward to seeing two of the UKs brightest prospects ride on the Island, it can only be regarded as a kick in the teeth for the promoters Barry Bishop, Martin Widman, and there hard band of workers, Its totally wrong and should not be allowed, There are some that maybe think no facility should be allowed, there are others who think a points loss should be given, then others who might think BV should compensate IOW financially, none of these things will recompense the Warrior promotion nor its supporters for not being able to see to good young british riders out on track.

Yes the Warriors will be up against it tonight, i really hope they can win this meeting, and i hope its a sell out crowd..

• Like 3

Yeah belle Vue should have too forfeit the meeting or they have to have no facility for both riders and use reserve and a no8 for rides instead

The rules re non availability are very fluid in the NL.... many reasons can be used... unable to get time of work plus others

JACK Smith has just completed 6 meetings in 6 days

Then

Birmingham wed

Belle Vue Friday

Glasgow sat

Newcastle sunday

Poole wolves and Cradley on Monday

Same for Dan

Hence the decision to find guests for Jack and Dan at the IOW saving a long journey and meeting.AND GIVING SOME RESPITE

Matt Williamson and Danny Ayres are equivalent replacements and there is no real depletion in strength or expectation of a good meeting.

I shouldn't be though, that's as result of their decision too ride three leagues and as a result means they have no excuse to not be riding as they dont have other work commitments

• Like 3

The rules re non availability are very fluid in the NL.... many reasons can be used... unable to get time of work plus others

Then

Birmingham wed

Belle Vue Friday

Glasgow sat

Newcastle sunday

Same for Dan

Hence the decision to find guests for Jack and Dan at the IOW saving a long journey and meeting.AND GIVING SOME RESPITE

Matt Williamson and Danny Ayres are equivalent replacements and there is no real depletion in strength or expectation of a good meeting.

Lets be realistic about this, Last week i was going to Brum to see Daniel Bewley not to see Brum, not to see BV but to see the most exciting prospect British speedway has had for years, when i knew he would not be riding i decided not to go.

Tonight would have been an opportunity for supporters on the South coast, and on the Island to have gone to see this same rider, now they have been denied this chance, there is no way this will not affect the Warriors business it will.

No rules have been broken as they are written, but surely theres an unwritten rule "that this is not in the spirit of the competition" basically BV are withholding two riders services, no matter how you dress it up...

I understand what IOW are saying and feel for them not being able to see these two riders.

However, Gunner 85 outlined the schedule Jack Smith has had/still to come, and Dan Bewley schedule will be similar.

Maybe if they turned up they would not be in a fit state to ride to the form that you have heard about, or their machines may not have been up to scratch.

Trying to say - you could have been disdappointed and said "whats all the fuss about over these two- they just average" (or less).

Problem is the meeting schedules, too many large gaps over this season then all packed in at the end - management of the meeting schedule at fault - whoever does that. Needs sorting for next year, but no one hold their breath.

If they dont ride yet are fit and able they shouldnt be allowed guests, simples

You have to remember this is a rearranged meeting in the middle of a crazy schedule for 2 young lads.

Its just setting a prescedent. Nothing against the 2 lads whatsoever.

Until somebody drags this sport to safety its just dying a death

No, the two of them have been riding regularly week in, week out all season because they are riding for three teams.

Too late to save I'm afraid. When all the old codgers die, the sport will die with them. At mildenhall on Sunday, it felt like a derby and Joan club.

Was not the Brum v BV away meeting only rescheduled last week, so why do the IOW have to suffer this week

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 1

Then

Birmingham wed

Belle Vue Friday

Glasgow sat

Newcastle sunday

Same for Dan

Why Newcastle Sunday unless they are guesting but why guest with a busy schedule. Newcastle v Scunthorpe Sunday.

edit.

they have just ridden at Newcastle on the 20th.

Edited by IronScorpion

Judging by the result, Islanders promotion should be more worried about their own Riders non performances, than the opposition.

Judging by the result, Islanders promotion should be more worried about their own Riders non performances, than the opposition.