Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Somerset 24/8/17

The rearranged meeting will take place this thurs. There is no team news that I can find yet but Swindon have put out an offer that any one attending will get a free programme.

Will this be win 14 out of 14 meetings ?

The rearranged meeting will take place this thurs. There is no team news that I can find yet but Swindon have put out an offer that any one attending will get a free programme.

Will this be win 14 out of 14 meetings ?

Yes

• Like 3

I gather Somerset asked Swindon for this to be re-arranged as 5 of their riders are missing. Swindon refused.

Guess the reason for a free program is because you have to fill all the heats in yourself!

• Like 1

I gather Somerset asked Swindon for this to be re-arranged as 5 of their riders are missing. Swindon refused.

Guess the reason for a free program is because you have to fill all the heats in yourself!

As no rider lineup has been issued yet and there will be a lot of progs left over from last week no doubt an insert can be issued to go with last weeks prog with most of the riders listed, even if it is printed or photocopied on thurs.

• Like 1

Who do you gather that from? It's certainly not the public face that was put on it.

It was originally cancelled because Somerset couldn't get a side together, then put back in the schedule with Swindon publicly thanking Somerset for their co-operation.

• Like 1

As no rider lineup has been issued yet and there will be a lot of progs left over from last week no doubt an insert can be issued to go with last weeks prog with most of the riders listed, even if it is printed or photocopied on thurs.

Don't think many will be enticed by free programme.

It will just be last week's with an insert. While not exactly enticing, at least it will stop people being fed up they paid for an old programme.

• Like 1

They would have done better to reduce the entry price or have a combined thurs/Bank holiday monday offer.

• Like 2

Who do you gather that from? It's certainly not the public face that was put on it.

It was originally cancelled because Somerset couldn't get a side together, then put back in the schedule with Swindon publicly thanking Somerset for their co-operation.

I think that should say ' with Swindon thanking the BSPA for insisting that Somerset take the fixture - albeit with up to 5 guests!!' :o

• Like 1

I think that should say ' with Swindon thanking the BSPA for insisting that Somerset take the fixture - albeit with up to 5 guests!!' :o

In which case it would be the BSPA who insisted. Not Swindon.

Ridiculous situation anyway - but at least they didn't go down the path of a double header against Somerset twice!

• Like 2

They would have done better to reduce the entry price or have a combined thurs/Bank holiday monday offer.

Fair too sensible an idea to have crossed a speedway promoter's mind!!

• Like 1

Swindon did not 'refuse' as we requested if the rain off from last week could be rearranged for this Thursday and that was initially agreed but then told it couldn't be only to then be told it could...no one is in a position to refuse a request for a postponement because it wasn't an original fixture

• Like 1

Swindon did not 'refuse' as we requested if the rain off from last week could be rearranged for this Thursday and that was initially agreed but then told it couldn't be only to then be told it could...no one is in a position to refuse a request for a postponement because it wasn't an original fixture

Shoveller fishing again, must be bored... :drink:

• Like 1

Shoveller fishing again, must be bored... :drink:

But nearer the truth.

• Like 1