British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Somerset 24/8/17

Free chips with curry sauce might entice a few in.

And topless start tarts!

It sounds like we will have 2 riders and up to 5 guests riding for Somerset for this meeting.

Twitter is stating Lawson, Hougaard and friends, it might have been better to have had a triple header on Monday and made a day of it.

• Like 1

I gather Somerset asked Swindon for this to be re-arranged as 5 of their riders are missing. Swindon refused.

Guess the reason for a free program is because you have to fill all the heats in yourself!

Any reason to have a dig at the Robins & you do. Perhaps Somerset should have looked more carefully at the rider's race nights be before re-declaring. The cut-off date is approaching fast & you can not have any more unnecessary empty race nights.

• Like 4

It sounds like we will have 2 riders and up to 5 guests riding for Somerset for this meeting.

Twitter is stating Lawson, Hougaard and friends, it might have been better to have had a triple header on Monday and made a day of it.

Perhaps Rebs and Lions will use the same 7 riders on Monday.

Triple header, great, make a day of it, start at 2.30, 30 quid to get in, meet the riders, live music, free air horns, Adver, and prog, and as tric trac said free chips and curry sauce, I wonder if he/she has tried them?!

I just hope the weather is ok.

• Like 1

Hougaard is missing Somerset's Wednesday and Friday meetings due to Danish commitments!! Will he come back over for Thursday?

Hougaard is missing Somerset's Wednesday and Friday meetings due to Danish commitments!! Will he come back over for Thursday?

I would very much doubt it mate.

They might as well put a call out asking for 7 guests.

Triple header, great, make a day of it, start at 2.30, 30 quid to get in, meet the riders, live music, free air horns, Adver, and prog, and as tric trac said free chips and curry sauce, I wonder if he/she has tried them?!

Well I cannot see too many going tomorrow with a double meeting on monday and one next thursday against Wolves.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Any reason to have a dig at the Robins & you do. Perhaps Somerset should have looked more carefully at the rider's race nights be before re-declaring. The cut-off date is approaching fast & you can not have any more unnecessary empty race nights.

Not a dig at Swindon just telling it as it is. Somerset asked for a date change due to no team available and Swindon refused point blank.

Don't care one way or the other about either team, just saying what happened.

Swindon had loads of available dates earlier this season and are now paniking to get them in before the cut off. Ridiculous planning.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Not a dig at Swindon just telling it as it is. Somerset asked for a date change due to no team available and Swindon refused point blank.

Swindon had loads of available dates earlier this season and are now paniking to get them in before the cut off. Ridiculous planning.

........... who said that??? Oh, Steve. Couldn't hear you all the way down there in FOURTH!

• Like 2

Swindon did not refuse they actually announced that Somerset could not make it so they would try to arrange another meeting for tomorrow.

Edited by A ORLOV

Well I won't be going....

Will def be there against the wolves though wearing my Clive hitch rosette..

No it's not what it is... :rolleyes: we didn't refuse point blank...

and there's me thinking you've a good grasp on speedway matters.. showing yourself up for being a bit of a numpty IMO.

Like it has been explained quite a few times on here, it was initially plugged in for Thursday only for it to be cancelled very quickly due to the lack of Somerset riders. Somerset then must have agreed to the reinstatement of this meeting due to the fact that they are chasing your title chasing team for 4th place.

Swindon have no reserves and Somerset only have 3 of their team:

SWINDON: Jason Doyle, Adam Ellis, Tobiasz Musielak, David Bellego, Nick Morris, Matt Williamson, Richard Hall

SOMERSET: Aaron Summers, Cameron Heeps, Richard Lawson, Patrick Hougaard, Edward Kennett, Ashley Morris, Kevin Doolan.

Swindon have no reserves and Somerset only have 3 of their team:

SWINDON: Jason Doyle, Adam Ellis, Tobiasz Musielak, David Bellego, Nick Morris, Matt Williamson, Richard Hall

SOMERSET: Aaron Summers, Cameron Heeps, Richard Lawson, Patrick Hougaard, Edward Kennett, Ashley Morris, Kevin Doolan.

Joke

• Like 1