British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Somerset 24/8/17

No it's not what it is... :rolleyes: we didn't refuse point blank...

and there's me thinking you've a good grasp on speedway matters.. showing yourself up for being a bit of a numpty IMO.

Like it has been explained quite a few times on here, it was initially plugged in for Thursday only for it to be cancelled very quickly due to the lack of Somerset riders. Somerset then must have agreed to the reinstatement of this meeting due to the fact that they are chasing your title chasing team for 4th place.

Without me actually telling you my source, it is safe to say they are extremely close to the Somerset promotion. Lol!

Think i'll give it a miss tonight with double header Monday, and Wolves Thursday.

Good luck Robins.

• Like 1

Swindon fans on facebook/twitter were very quick to post pictures of the excellent crowd numbers on Monday as a result of their great £5 promotion.

I wonder if they will be just as quick to post pictures of tonight's crowd?

Swindon fans on facebook/twitter were very quick to post pictures of the excellent crowd numbers on Monday as a result of their great £5 promotion.

I wonder if they will be just as quick to post pictures of tonight's crowd?

Might not be anyone there tonight, its raining.

These fixtures really have to be sorted out for next season, its a bleedin farce.

• Like 1

Aside from the obvious and understandable fan frustration over fixtures - I haven't seen anything anywhere that attempts to give any official explanation as to why most Premiership teams went several weeks in May/June/July without a home fixture.

One might understand Swindon wishing to defer some fixtures to later in the season in the hope that they would have possession of a new stadium - but doesn't explain the situation with other clubs?!

• Like 1

Aside from the obvious and understandable fan frustration over fixtures - I haven't seen anything anywhere that attempts to give any official explanation as to why most Premiership teams went several weeks in May/June/July without a home fixture.

One might understand Swindon wishing to defer some fixtures to later in the season in the hope that they would have possession of a new stadium - but doesn't explain the situation with other clubs?!

But most of the people realised that all the hype about the new stadium was bull excretia, after all the previous dates given.

I know of someone who hasn't missed a home fixture since 2009 who, after the embarrassment in Norfolk last night and the respective line ups declared for tonight, has decided that a day with the family is more in order rather than spend £50 on returning to Swindon to watch the Robins take on a League Select.

I know the line ups for this fixture cannot be helped. This is a direct result of incompetence, which has led to one club having to effectively ride when there is no other choice available to them. Do these promoters not see the direct correlation between several guests and less people in attendance? Or that several fixtures in a short period of time hurts people's spare cash?

Its clear that the SS Buster Chapman is rudderless and is charting dangerous choppy waters. He has been involved in 2 high profile incidents in an extremely short period of time, which leave the sport with less credibility than before (difficult to believe that statement isn't it). If you believe DAC he had some involvement in the Belle Vue debacle as well.

Is this a man that should be allowed to remain as the main man in our sport. I think not!

Chapman is an embarrassment and should, if he has an ounce of dignity, resign his position as Chairman immediately as, in my opinion, his position is untenable.

Edited by theblueboy
  • Like 3

Swindon speedway club have rarely cared about the fans views, pity as they're a fantastic bunch of supporters, just taken for granted like most clubs.

The ice hockey club are totally the opposite.

Swindon riding against another joke of a patched up line-up. WHAT A SURPRISE!

Only reason why Swindon are top tbh. Will defo come unstuck in the play-offs against a full 1-7.

Only reason why Swindon are top tbh. Will defo come unstuck in the play-offs against a full 1-7.

I'm sure I recognise you from somewhere.

• Like 4

:rofl:

I know. It's pathetic. You should see the shocking Poole team we've had to thrash three times this year.

• Like 2

Only two Somerset riders tonight is a complete joke.... not Somerst's fault but creates a farce of a meeting.

• Like 1