British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Brummies V Bellevue Wed 23rd Aug

BIRMINGHAM: Jack Parkinson-Blackburn, David Mason R/R, Layne Cupitt, Tom Bacon, Liam Carr, Alex Spooner, Taylor Hampshire.

BELLE VUE: Matt Williamson, Kyle Bickley, Rob Shuttleworth, Lee Payne R/R, Jack Smith, Andy Mellish, Luke Woodhull.

As long as R/R can pick up a few points i think Brummies win by 2 points

If Sundays Williamson turns up will be an easy Brummies win but we all know he goes well at PB

Edited by redandyellow

Guest GiveusaB

Mason's had a long holiday.

Yes and Lee Payne's had a long injury lay off to the benefit of R/R for Belle Vue ???

Bloody joke !

I think we're going to give BV a hammering tonight !!! :t:

Yes and Lee Payne's had a long injury lay off to the benefit of R/R for Belle Vue ???

Bloody joke !

I think we're going to give BV a hammering tonight !!! :t:

Yeah it has been long but it doesn't really benefit them.

Not really sure RR is helping us at the moment either to be honest, certainly whilst Hampshire's bike is misfiring, extra ride for Bacon is a benefit but there's no guarantee Cupitt or Hampshire will complete 4 laps. We all know Mason is good for 5-8 unflashy points, so it's touch and go, but not like we're banging in double figure scores from it.

Bewley's absence is disappointing for the spectacle, but it should ensure we get a positive result. Brummies by 8.

Guest GiveusaB

Yeah it has been long but it doesn't really benefit them.

What???

Bewley/Armstrong/Smith /Bickley all used against us recently at BV!

I think it does help them when they can use any one of their riders.....

They had R/R for Payne for a lengthy spell last season too....

They know exactly what they're doing....yet another mockery of British Speedway and a win at all costs scenario.....I wonder where the term 'development' fits in ?

Really disappointed that we wont get to see Bewley perform tonight....I was looking forward to seeing JPB give him a run for his money!

As long as R/R can pick up a few points i think Brummies win by 2 points

Surely the spirit of this league should mean that if both teams need RR, then both should promote their #8's. That way the paying public get to see two seven-boy/man teams and some young kids get some development rides and progress along their learning curves.

Edited by uk martin
  • Like 4

Guest GiveusaB

Surely the spirit of this league should mean that if both teams need RR, then both should promote their #8's. That way the paying public get to see two seven-boy/man teams and some young kids get some development rides and progress along their learning curves.

Or may be a guest rider with a criteria of 1) British. 2 ) age limit 21. 3) average below injured rider

There's been a few good young reserves down at Perry Barr this season that I wouldnt mind paying to watch again.

Mason's had a long holiday.

with only 2 home meetings left and an away fixture at ....wait for it....'Plymouth'...I doubt whether we'll see Mason again this season ? :lol:

Dave Mason was the signing that meant we couldn't get competitive with the top 3 if only we got hall instead but anyway

The number 8 suggestion is worth considering but every number 8 i have seen this season has seen so noncompetitive if james chattin took the number 3 bib tonight instead of mason it would destroy hes confidence

Another tough match for the Colts.

Lee's average of 8.48 is just not being matched by guests and R/R as that has only give an average of 7.64. I big drop for the rest of the team to try and make up.

The fact Drury won't move the fixture to allow Dan who's away chasing world glory, to take his place is just poor. Does he not think of his own fans who would love to see him or is he sticking with Birminghams win a all cost mentality? Poor show and one that sees me giving a fixture I'd normally attend a wide berth as we need to make a stand against this kind of petty mindedness.

Stay safe guys, we can ill afford another injury to add to the loss of Lee.

Belle Vue did just this earlier in the season and have requested it of other teams to give these young lads track time. It's been a unanimous no from all including Drury.

Development league huh?

• Like 1

When else do you propose we hold the fixture? This was the only upcoming date available after the last call off when Bewley and Smith were definitely not going to be riding for the Aces, and we had to get Kent to rearrange their trip here to accommodate that. Don't know if Bewley had already qualified prior to that or not, but it at least means Smith can ride.

Edited by CUFC_Brummie
  • Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

There's no way Lee Payne wouldve held an 8.48 average ???

Belle Vue know exactly what they're doing with the R/R facility....

As for Drury not postponing this fixture yet again, is complete and utter twaddle.....Bewley doesnt ride till the weekend.....there are plenty of flights to Latvia after tonight???

If there's anyone to blame then take a look closer to home BV !!!

P.s I bet if the first team were riding tonight, Bewley would've been there!

What???

Bewley/Armstrong/Smith /Bickley all used against us recently at BV!

I think it does help them when they can use any one of their riders.....

They had R/R for Payne for a lengthy spell last season too....

They know exactly what they're doing....yet another mockery of British Speedway and a win at all costs scenario.....I wonder where the term 'development' fits in ?

Really disappointed that we wont get to see Bewley perform tonight....I was looking forward to seeing JPB give him a run for his money!

Silly post with Payne in the team every match round Belle vue we hit 60+ without him we have hit 60 once we have had to settle for mid 50s shows how much we miss him.

What are you on about re development Payne is 30 years old Bewley and Smith are in their second season and Bickley his first so giving them his rides is all about development as they are all so new to the sport and have plenty of developing to do where as Payne at 30 a dam fine heat leader at this level wont get much better.

Do you think that Payne who is missing Championship rides as well is just pretending to be injured just so that Belle vue can make a mockery of British speedway and win at all cost.Like I said a very silly post from a fan who can't handle the fact that this year his team is no where as good as the last few seasons.

There's no way Lee Payne wouldve held an 8.48 average ???

Belle Vue know exactly what they're doing with the R/R facility....

As for Drury not postponing this fixture yet again, is complete and utter twaddle.....Bewley doesnt ride till the weekend.....there are plenty of flights to Latvia after tonight???

If there's anyone to blame then take a look closer to home BV !!!

P.s I bet if the first team were riding tonight, Bewley would've been there!

What you on about now Payne finished last season with an 8+ average in stronger league last year(re the riders in it last year)

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

P.S and when the first fixture was scheduled.....it was Drury that sanctioned the re-inclusion of Bewley and Smith after BV's first team match had been called of early, at Poole!

We will beat BV tonight....full team or 'bending the rules team' ! LOL

P.P.S must be devastating having to settle for mid 50's every meeting.....if that's all you're worried about, it shows where your 'interest' lies within development ! :party: