British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Brummies V Bellevue Wed 23rd Aug

Yes, it's his shoulder that's the problem. He's had issues in the past with this kind of thing. I don't know if an operation would solve it like Hancock but it's definitely gone on longer than we all thought.

Guest GiveusaB

Surely hes point is if payne was going to be out for 70% of the season why not replace him and have a 7 man team

EXACTLY !

As for Bewley's development ? he's riding in the Premiership,.....what good does another easy win in the National League do for him?

Farcical!

Its not sour grapes, or shoulder chips.....Payne should've been replaced, but BV have used it to their advantage......I'm not even saying that B'ham wouldnt have done the same thing? I'm just saying that its wrong and its not in the best interest of speedway.!

Edited by GiveusaB

So we get an advantage by replacing an 8.48 rider with essentially a 7.03 (another big 4 points on Wednesday)???

The clue is in the rules - one above and THREE below for Christ sake!!

..I'm not even saying that B'ham wouldnt have done the same thing? I'm just saying that its wrong and its not in the best interest of speedway.!

Birmingham got a taste of their own medicine on Wednesday night. We've had loads of away wins over the past 3 years and this time the superior team and tactics that BV brought to the table was too much for a fragile Brummies team to cope with.

And as for "designer injuries", let's us not be holier-than-thou after our milking of the Zack Wajtknecht injury, or the....(the list could go on...) for all that it was worth. And let's not forget that, er, I have forgotten actually, who is the Brummies real #7? Haven't we benefited from some "designer reserves" this year rather than persevere with the one that we were supposed to start the season with?

Rather than blame one team or the other for these tactics, or the morality of the situation, you have to look at who sets the environment in which such things go on in this sport. If the league allows it to happen, it will carry on.

• Like 4

Bewley/Armstrong/Smith /Bickley all used against us recently at BV!

So do you think we should have replaced Lee with another full time team member for this meeting?

Birmingham got a taste of their own medicine on Wednesday night. We've had loads of away wins over the past 3 years and this time the superior team and tactics that BV brought to the table was too much for a fragile Brummies team to cope with.

And as for "designer injuries", let's us not be holier-than-thou after our milking of the Zack Wajtknecht injury, or the....(the list could go on...) for all that it was worth. And let's not forget that, er, I have forgotten actually, who is the Brummies real #7? Haven't we benefited from some "designer reserves" this year rather than persevere with the one that we were supposed to start the season with?

Rather than blame one team or the other for these tactics, or the morality of the situation, you have to look at who sets the environment in which such things go on in this sport. If the league allows it to happen, it will carry on.

Have to admit the "designer" reserves are starting to get on my nerves this year. How many teams has Alex Spooner ridden for?

If he has achieved an average over 3.00 he isn't eligible to guest if he hasn't why do so many teams keep booking him?

Not a dig at Alex btw just the situation as a whole is getting out of hand.

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if he's achieved over 3, can barely stay on the bike, proper wobbler, not sure why he's getting such an extended opportunity with us if we're going with this guest reserve approach, looks no better than Leek was.

Edited by CUFC_Brummie

I'm not going to get into the general nastiness on here about R/R and so-on. Except to say that any fault here lies with the rules and there application not with individual clubs.

What I would like to say though, and something that seems to have been forgotten, What a cracker of a meeting with the result in doubt until the very end. Great nights entertainment and I wish there were more meetings like them. No quarter asked or given and at the end of the meeting most Brummies stayed to give generous applause to the victors. Something that some 'fans' from another club in a land not far away could learn from. (But probably won't.)

• Like 1