British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Brummies V Bellevue Wed 23rd Aug

I genuinely thought we'd pull this one out the bag, but it wasnt to be..... the 2nd strings won it for BV, as we had more race winners.

The only consolation is that we actually had the best rider on show in JPB.....and I was there to see it...unlike alot of armchair BV fans on here!

I think I saw about half a dozen BV fans......loyal lot!

As for the 'Lee Payne' saga ? he hasn't ridden since the end of May ???? but still holds a team place ??? isnt that holding an eligible rider back, who could've replaced him ???

Likie I say....win at all costs....'development' league, 'my ar#e' !!!

On the point of Guest Riders ? and this isnt 'sour grapes' coz BV deserved their win last night, but I do think that guest riders shouldn't be allowed to ride in the nominated heat 15, especially when there's 6 other fit riders to choose from.....just my opinion!

Development league my arse signing a 40 year old Mason to replace a 23 year old Ritchings(and then use R/R for him) because he was the best averaged rider available at the time instead of giving a youngster a chance to develop.Tuttut winning at all cost.lol

The truth is yes it is a development league but a winning team seems to bring more people through the gates which = money.Without money a lot teams could/would not run and then there would be no development league for riders to develop in so promoters will field the best team they can to get the punters in and we have to give them a little le-way.

ps as I have said before giving younger team members R/R rides for a missing older rider is still giving them more track time to develop is it not.

pps In answer to a person who wrote re away meetings on another thread(quote I personally don't waste my money anymore I go to home meetings) I am not surprised that not many Belle vue fans were there in a 3 week period from the 9th Aug to 1st Sept we have 5 Aces and 2 Colts meetings to find the pennys for and I will get out of my armchair for all of them.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

I dont think any B'ham supporter wanted 'us' to sign Mason....but it's not 'our' choice?

And I agree with your 2nd sentence above....in all fairness/honesty...at any club, its not about development...it's the way of the world and boils down to 'MONEY' !

If it wasnt about money/sponsorship etc, Jack Smith would still be a Birmingham rider!!!

birmingham fans moaning about rr is a bit strong, magic masons missed more than hes ridden since joining them, tbh I doubt he will ride another match for them this yr

Not moaning...just making a valid point!!!

P.s Kyle Bickley looks to have a great future ...I'll watch his progress closely!

I genuinely thought we'd pull this one out the bag, but it wasnt to be..... the 2nd strings won it for BV, as we had more race winners.

The only consolation is that we actually had the best rider on show in JPB.....and I was there to see it...unlike alot of armchair BV fans on here!

As for the 'Lee Payne' saga ? he hasn't ridden since the end of May ???? but still holds a team place ??? isnt that holding an eligible rider back, who could've replaced him ???

On the point of Guest Riders ? and this isnt 'sour grapes' coz BV deserved their win last night, but I do think that guest riders shouldn't be allowed to ride in the nominated heat 15, especially when there's 6 other fit riders to choose from.....just my opinion!

So your either suggesting that we shouldn't have a facility for an injured rider or we shouldn't allow teenagers to gain experience when taking the R/R rides. Even for you both idea are a "bloody joke".

I've already pointed out we used our No8 for all 4 rides in one meeting hoping others would follow suit - not Birmingham obviously as their win at all costs mentality doesn't lend itself to rider development.

No other clubs did it but they would be more than happy to see us continue if it gives them an advantage. Very sad.

The topic of riders for heat 15 is barmy and is obviously your opinion as no one else would think that.

Guest GiveusaB

So your either suggesting that we shouldn't have a facility for an injured rider or we shouldn't allow teenagers to gain experience when taking the R/R rides. Even for you both idea are a "bloody joke".

I've already pointed out we used our No8 for all 4 rides in one meeting hoping others would follow suit - not Birmingham obviously as their win at all costs mentality doesn't lend itself to rider development.

No other clubs did it but they would be more than happy to see us continue if it gives them an advantage. Very sad.

The topic of riders for heat 15 is barmy and is obviously your opinion as no one else would think that.

Payne has been out since May.....??? so he's completed 1/3 of a season ???

And FYI B'ham have used their No.8 plenty of times this season...so you're gona have to find something else to waffle on about!?

And as for Heat 15? I couldn't give 2 shinny sh..tes what you think about my suggestion!

Edited by GiveusaB

As said before all the while the current RR rules are in place they will be exploited Payne - Belle Vue, Kingston - Cradley, Chapman - Birmingham and obviously the list goes on to cover most if not all NL clubs.

Been saying for a while that RR should be limited to twice home twice away per team to cover for last minute emergencies, transport issues etc then the use of a number 8 should be mandatory? Perhaps allow teams to rejig the order so that the number 8's can slot in at reserve?

Would certainly force clubs to take an interest in who is progressing & assist them where necessary?

What???

Bewley/Armstrong/Smith /Bickley all used against us recently at BV!

I think it does help them when they can use any one of their riders.....

They had R/R for Payne for a lengthy spell last season too....

They know exactly what they're doing....yet another mockery of British Speedway and a win at all costs scenario.....I wonder where the term 'development' fits in ?

Really disappointed that we wont get to see Bewley perform tonight....I was looking forward to seeing JPB give him a run for his money!

Bewley, Smith, Bickley, and the Woodhull twins......I think you answered your own question before you even asked it!!

Perhaps you just disappear up your own ??? Nice comments from other Brummies fans, seems you're very much in a minority.

Wow you come across as having a chip on your shoulder, envy?? As for the walloping hahaha dream on.

I don't know why you are bothering to have this argument. Belle Vue are a senior club who can sign up any promising youngster they choose if they offer good enough terms and having him as an asset, then using them in the NL. All the other NL clubs are restricted from having assets so cannot hold onto the lads they develop. A good example is Jack Smith who was developed not by B Vue but by Birmingham in 2015 and 2016 but had no rights over him in 2017. As long as these rules apply this will keep happening unless the NL get their act together and form a proper Division three without 'reserve teams' from higher divisions.

I don't know why you are bothering to have this argument. Belle Vue are a senior club who can sign up any promising youngster they choose if they offer good enough terms and having him as an asset, then using them in the NL. All the other NL clubs are restricted from having assets so cannot hold onto the lads they develop. A good example is Jack Smith who was developed not by B Vue but by Birmingham in 2015 and 2016 but had no rights over him in 2017. As long as these rules apply this will keep happening unless the NL get their act together and form a proper Division three without 'reserve teams' from higher divisions.

Check before you post Smith is a Glasgow asset.

Guest GiveusaB

Seems like the speedway fans in Manchester are following in the footsteps of the moronic footy fans!

Must remember not to criticize anything to do with Belle Vue ! :rofl:

Best track....Best team/s.....wonderful, wonderful Manchester! :rofl:

Seems like the speedway fans in Manchester are following in the footsteps of the moronic footy fans!

Must remember not to criticize anything to do with Belle Vue ! :rofl:

Best track....Best team/s.....wonderful, wonderful Manchester! :rofl:

At long last........GiveusaB says something sensible!! LOL!! And I'm not a Mancunian either.

Criticise on anything you like, its all about opinions after all - but do at least learn from what fellow posters are telling you, and be consistent in your arguments. You still seem to be wondering where the Colts' development is after you yourself rightly quoted as Payne's R/R rides being taken by Bewley, Smith and Bickley in the match at the NSS. So that's 2 x 18 year olds and 1 x 15 year old taking a R/R ride for a 30 something year old. And in two other home matches all four of Payne's R/R rides were taken by the No. 8 rider - another 15 year old!! Plenty of development going on there.

Doctors failed to diagnose that he would be out for 60% of the season when he was injured.

It's been a very frustrating process.

• Like 1

Doctors failed to diagnose that he would be out for 60% of the season when he was injured.

It's been a very frustrating process.

Ok cool has he been on the cusp of coming back like riss at wolves they initially thought 4-6 weeks its ended up been over double luckily for them hes back now..