British Speedway Forum
graz gp

Sheffield Tigers V Scunthorpe Scorpions. 24/08/2017.

All riders very positive afterwards in the pits. Josh Bates looked a little bit angry, and took no pictures with fans, which is very unlike him, he is great with kids and fans (young and old!) Nice seeing Brady Kurtz supporting Todd as well. Overall great meeting and I'm very happy with the Tigers form at the moment🐯

Great team performance from the Tigers glad Georgie got his first win but what a joke decision by the referee.How can a rider off gate 4 minding his own business get clattered from a rider going off gate 1 moving across to the outside of the track be excluded for the cause of the crash ? a totally embarrassing decision !!!!! As I expected it was a close contest and what a move by Lasse in heat 15 Class ride.

And how many times has he been on it the last couple of seasons.

For me Auty needs to a leaf out of Kyle's book next season and move on and find new clubs in the Premiership and Championship, for me he is a comfort zone at Scunthorpe.

You are right but i still believe Auty is the better rider ie) his record in British Finals and getting there is better.But you are right a change of track will do him good but in a way it is a vicious circle Auty getting confidence with big home scores should show in his away scores.11/13 and from his last two away meetings (flattering i know) and doing well in the premiership he certainly has turned the corner in the last month.

Quote an enjoyable meeting last night,with some decent racing,the tac ride[which was a fab ride by Auty] kept scunny close enough until the final heats but all in all the Tigers the stronger outfit and deserved winners

I was expecting a larger crowd for a team on such a good run though to be honest,althought not a bad one i was sure there would be a few more there

Sheffield will certainly be in the mix to win the league,but will they have enough over two legs to take the title,for me Ipswich over two legs surely are in the box seat,the tigers need more from Bates and Kurtz in the middle order to win the league,without the help of a flyer in heat 1 kurtz was average at best,he needs to up his game

Good luck in the playoffs

Traffic nightmare getting to Owlerton yesterday. It was busy all the way up and then there was a bad accident four junctions from Sheffield (actually the other way, but two lanes were also closed in my direction) which meant a detour around the outskirts of Mansfield. Eventually got there for Heat 8, for Josh Auty's barnstorming TR. I was told the first seven races were pretty processional in any case.

Then took well over 3 hours to get home, due to two night closures on the M1 (it should take 2 hours coming home at night).

I won't bother going to Sheffield on a Thursday night after work again. The Thursday night traffic is almost as bad as the hell day for travelling that is Friday.

All the best

Rob

Regarding Wood's exclusion... was the ref having a laugh?!?! He was off gate 4 going round turn 1 still by the fence when he got clattered from behind by Tero who was off gate 1... still can't figure out that decision!! That said, couldn't see the need for booing Tero, not his fault that the ref needs specs

The booing near me (1st turn) was directed clearly at the referee. Tero was warmly applauded when he got back on his feet. I have to say it was one of the most ridiculous refereeing decisions I've ever seen.

I am a regular Sheffield supporter and stand near the tapes. Tero was definitely booed as he walked down the home straight. It was uncalled for and I felt ashamed that he should be treated that way by Sheffield supporters when it was the referee's decision and had not been a purposeful move by Tero

Edited by Heather12

I am a regular Sheffield supporter and stand near the tapes. Tero was definitely booed as he walked down the home straight. It was uncalled for and I felt ashamed that he should be treated that way by Sheffield supporters when it was the referee's decision and had not been a purposeful move by Tero

We were chatting to one of the Sheffield fans, and agreeing that the decision to exclude Georgie was ridiculous. It was clearly triggered by a slight contact from Lewis Kerr and Lasse Bjerre entering the first turn, leading to a heavier contact between Bjerre and Tero, which led to Tero losing control. Georgie was the completely innocent party in it. It should have all 4 back. If you had to exclude someone, it was one of Kerr or Bjerre - it started with them.

As we are discussing it with him, Tero got booed by a few Sheffield fans (just a few - certainly not all) as he walked off the track. He was correctly directing his ire at the referee. But a few were booing Tero. I was just glad he was back on his feet.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

You're quite right, the incident was triggered by Kerr leaning across Bjerre who was having none of it. Tero and Georgie were completely innocent parties and if people were booing the riders then shame on them.

I was standing on the 1st bend & it looked like the incident was started with Bjerre & Kerr running in to the 1st bend side by side. Aarnio, trapped on the inside was, therefore, late turning left & Wood had just started hence the coming together. All 4 back in my eyes but was the referee, as advertised, Jim McGregor. Enough said. :oops:

I, too, thought I might be late due to accidents at the wrong time of the night. Two incidents on the M1, one further north(think it was junction 40-41 mentioned) but yours, Rob, was Mansfield/Chesterfield area where Gas canisters were on the road. I was held up due to an incident of the junction M18/A1 where traffic had backed up on the M18 past the A6182 & A638. A 55 min journey took nearly 1hr 20mins.

Edited by IronScorpion

The booing near me (1st turn) was directed clearly at the referee. Tero was warmly applauded when he got back on his feet. I have to say it was one of the most ridiculous refereeing decisions I've ever seen.

totally agree with this, the booing was for one of the worst refereeing decisions I have seen, what was McGregor looking at, it certainly wasn't the race.

we all applauded tero when he got up

You are right but i still believe Auty is the better rider ie) his record in British Finals and getting there is better.But you are right a change of track will do him good but in a way it is a vicious circle Auty getting confidence with big home scores should show in his away scores.11/13 and from his last two away meetings (flattering i know) and doing well in the premiership he certainly has turned the corner in the last month.

that one hell of a corner he needs to turn.

Because lets face it Josh has been going downhill for the last couple of seasons.

This season seems to be even worse;

Home average; 7.87

Away average; 5.96

Compare that to Kyle Howarth.

Home average; 8.77

Away average; 8.29

That is the Championship averages

The Premiership average

Josh Auty

Home Average; 5.55

Away Average; 4.00

Kyle Howarth

Home Average; 7.02

Away Average; 6.76

Head to Head

Kyle and Josh have face each other 14 times this season with the result of each.

Josh beat Kyle 6 times.

Kyle beat Josh 8 times.

I think Josh has long way to go to catch up with Kyle at this present moment, and present is what I am more interested in but if you want how many British Under 21 titles did Josh ever win, because Kyle won it once, and the Queensland Under 21 title Josh won, Kyle has won twice.

I will give you the the two British Under 15 titles Josh has to his name, Kyle never won any of them, but then again I don't think he ever competed in them.

But that is in the past and the present and given the choice at the present I would choose Kyle over Josh Auty everytime.

• Like 3

Apart from the third ride incident, how was Georgie looking?

that one hell of a corner he needs to turn.

Because lets face it Josh has been going downhill for the last couple of seasons.

This season seems to be even worse;

Home average; 7.87

Away average; 5.96

Compare that to Kyle Howarth.

Home average; 8.77

Away average; 8.29

That is the Championship averages

The Premiership average

Josh Auty

Home Average; 5.55

Away Average; 4.00

Kyle Howarth

Home Average; 7.02

Away Average; 6.76

Head to Head

Kyle and Josh have face each other 14 times this season with the result of each.

Josh beat Kyle 6 times.

Kyle beat Josh 8 times.

I think Josh has long way to go to catch up with Kyle at this present moment, and present is what I am more interested in but if you want how many British Under 21 titles did Josh ever win, because Kyle won it once, and the Queensland Under 21 title Josh won, Kyle has won twice.

I will give you the the two British Under 15 titles Josh has to his name, Kyle never won any of them, but then again I don't think he ever competed in them.

But that is in the past and the present and given the choice at the present I would choose Kyle over Josh Auty everytime.

I think if you want to include Australian titles Auty did beat Ward from the back rememember 2010? so forget Kyles titles.You misunderstand me Howarth has had a great year fair play for me he was very lucky to even get a place at Wolves this year but he has repaid them.But still Howarth in my mind is no better than Auty he has never been a PL number 1 yet i think Auty had his best average year around 8.80 ???We shall see in the next few years but if you want to look back over the years Auty leads him head to head and the difference is Auty can drag a real great meeting out of the bag ie) like getting 17 last week Howarth quite does not do that be interesting how they get on in the next few seasons.

Apart from the third ride incident, how was Georgie looking?

Gorgie is doing very well. Apart from one meeting he has scored every time. He listens to the good advice he is being given and because of his grass track background is not afraid of the speed around Sheffield. He has shown total commitment by a large investment in engines and as a long time Sheffield supporter am very glad that he is with us.

• Like 3

Gorgie is doing very well. Apart from one meeting he has scored every time. He listens to the good advice he is being given and because of his grass track background is not afraid of the speed around Sheffield. He has shown total commitment by a large investment in engines and as a long time Sheffield supporter am very glad that he is with us.

just like to add i wish he could get four rides once in a while, thursday night was the perfect oportunity to put him in heat 14 with nothing to lose

• Like 3