British Speedway Forum
graz gp

Sheffield Tigers V Scunthorpe Scorpions. 24/08/2017.

Gorgie is doing very well. Apart from one meeting he has scored every time. He listens to the good advice he is being given and because of his grass track background is not afraid of the speed around Sheffield. He has shown total commitment by a large investment in engines and as a long time Sheffield supporter am very glad that he is with us.

I think he can go far in the sport too, was on a new engine Thursday, glad he is being looked after at Sheffield because he is a top lad with bags of potential..

just like to add i wish he could get four rides once in a while, thursday night was the perfect oportunity to put him in heat 14 with nothing to lose

I have noticed this, even with Sheffield winning and in control he only seems to get 3 rides apart from 1 meeting. Hopefully with the new gear he is on he can get some more track time and prove to be a good investment for Sheffield in the future..

Edited by M.D

just like to add i wish he could get four rides once in a while, thursday night was the perfect oportunity to put him in heat 14 with nothing to lose

Agreed. We had the meeting won and realistically we don't care if Scunny picked up a bonus point as it won't effect our end of the table, so why not give him the extra experience.

Agreed. We had the meeting won and realistically we don't care if Scunny picked up a bonus point as it won't effect our end of the table, so why not give him the extra experience.

13 from 5 rides tonight for Eastbourne..

• Like 3

Apart from the third ride incident, how was Georgie looking?

Doing exceptionally well, but the moment me and my group that I stand with, said virtually in unison that we should get him signed up, and to be fair we should be thankful to the Berwick promotion for bringing him in as guest when they did because I don't think he would have come in for serious consideration before, but I think that we have had a little gem fall into our laps.

The 3 rides I think is frustrating to fans and think it fair to say that we would all like to see him given his fair share of rides, as with every race he showing signs of improvement with every race, but the Team Management at Sheffield seem hellbent on been as ruthless at all times and are leaving nothing at chance to get the biggest win they can.

• Like 1

Hope Sheffield sign Wood up, if not he will do very well elsewhere JPB /Wood have they had the patienced showed to them that Branford did.?

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

JPB was treated exceptionally well off season and during but chose to spit his big dummy out. Treating his many sponsors with allot of disrespect. Never want the Joker again in any Sheffield team. As for Georgie, the lads got passion and is a very pleasant lad that will do well.

IMHO the whole package is better than JPB.

• Like 1