British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Belle Vue 28/8/17 11am.

If Belle Vue get anything from this it will be a truly remarkable feat.As 2 of their riders must be shattered from overnight travelling.

Agree.

Poole 49-41 is my prediction.

I don't get this choked. If Poole lose, which I don't think they will if Lahti does well at reserve, why can't they just have lost to the better team on the day like everyone else.

As for favourites to finish 4th. At the moment Rye House are +3 and Poole +1 when you look at points lost at home versus points gained away so arguably Rye are favourites but realistically not much in it.

• Like 2

If Belle Vue get anything from this it will be a truly remarkable feat.As 2 of their riders must be shattered from overnight travelling.

I don't know what Mark was thinking when he agreed to this. Both cookie and Steve over 350 miles away riding last night, morning match at Poole and then travelling back for a fixture at Wolves tonight.

I don't know what Mark was thinking when he agreed to this. Both cookie and Steve over 350 miles away riding last night, morning match at Poole and then travelling back for a fixture at Wolves tonight.

According to another poster they didn't have any option.Ford said it was the only date he could offer before the cut off date.

According to another poster they didn't have any option.Ford said it was the only date he could offer before the cut off date.

It was Mark Lemon who said it at one of the post meeting press conferences. He said that it was ridiculous but we had to accept it. He also said that the fixtures generally were a mess this year but that the present promotion had no say having only taken control 6 weeks before the season started. He said things have to change and that they will certainly have their say this year.

I don't get this choked. If Poole lose, which I don't think they will if Lahti does well at reserve, why can't they just have lost to the better team on the day like everyone else.

As for favourites to finish 4th. At the moment Rye House are +3 and Poole +1 when you look at points lost at home versus points gained away so arguably Rye are favourites but realistically not much in it.

Correct. Nothing to do with choking. Belle Vue are a better team as the league shows.

Rye clearly have the upper hand as anyone can see. Plus strengthened now with KK. Should imagine Swindon fans would rather come to Poole in the playoffs than Rye House.

Margaret Vardy is ref. We asked her if it could be over quickly today and she said as a woman she is used to hearing men say that. Lol!

All riders here. Cook and Worrall seem fine.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Correct. Nothing to do with choking. Belle Vue are a better team as the league shows.

Rye clearly have the upper hand as anyone can see. Plus strengthened now with KK. Should imagine Swindon fans would rather come to Poole in the playoffs than Rye House.

Margaret Vardy is ref. We asked her if it could be over quickly today and she said as a woman she is used to hearing men say that. Lol!

All riders here. Cook and Worrall seem fine.

LOL.

Big day for us.

#PIRATEPRIDE. No matter what happens

Think Poole will win this. Fricke is a loss for Belle Vue and they are coming in to this after a home defeat. The Aces aren't looking as strong now.

Predict 52-38

Edited by mdmc82

We should move Starke to No.2 and J. Holder to No.3 for the meeting at Rye House.

Edited by Poole Pirates Fanatic

Think Poole will win this. Fricke is a loss for Belle Vue and they are coming in to this after a home defeat. The Aces aren't looking as strong now.

Predict 52-38

DOES anyone know whether BV are the only Premiership team who haven't had one of their reserves move into the 1-5 during the season? Quite often that can prove advantageous in that a 1-5 rider drops to reserve and can prove to be a match winner.

DOES anyone know whether BV are the only Premiership team who haven't had one of their reserves move into the 1-5 during the season? Quite often that can prove advantageous in that a 1-5 rider drops to reserve and can prove to be a match winner.

Wolves another i would think.

Wolves haven't either.

Wolves haven't either.

THANKS ... what an anomaly those positions can be when you consider that KK resumed his racing in the UK as a reserve.

• Like 1