British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hammer1969

Rye House V Somerset 23/8/2017

Rye have done nothing wrong. KK though has acted very unprofessionally all season up until now, missing the gate by miles, moving over for opposition riders, making no effort to challenge for a pass and acting to everyone as though he didn't give a damn. He can congratulate himself that he almost single handedly wrecked Pooles season. Many of the anti Poole brigade of course will find that superb on KK's part.

I guess the only good to come out of it other than for Rye fans picking up a number one on a sub six average, is that he will never ride for Poole again either as a team rider or guest. His lack of effort while riding for Poole was quite frankly disgraceful.

I'm sure getting Holder & Batchelor on 14.99 for next year having made a mockery of Kings Lynn Speedway will soften your KK loss.

• Like 2

I'm sure getting Holder & Batchelor on 14.99 for next year having made a mockery of Kings Lynn Speedway will soften your KK loss.

I am sure it wont as there is no way Batch will ride for Poole

Hasn't KK done the same thing at every club he's ridden for? Hasn't he been sacked at more clubs than any other rider? I can think of issues at Coventry, Birmingham, Lakeside and now Poole. He also let BelleVue down when he rode poorly at the end of their good season 10 years or so back.

Any side that signs him are taking a risk. He will do the business for Rye, but sooner or later he will falter.

• Like 1

Im sure there are two sides to the Poole story foe Special KK (so good they named him twice) but that's two maximums in three meetings and according to Startline Sid he is riding at Somerset instead of practice for the Polish Grand Prix (commitment almost beyond the cause)

He did the same for Coventry last season before his home GP.

Hasn't KK done the same thing at every club he's ridden for? Hasn't he been sacked at more clubs than any other rider? I can think of issues at Coventry, Birmingham, Lakeside and now Poole. He also let BelleVue down when he rode poorly at the end of their good season 10 years or so back.

Any side that signs him are taking a risk. He will do the business for Rye, but sooner or later he will falter.

Quite possibly, but lets enjoy the ride as ALL riders falter in the end, we just don't know what that date is.

No doubt he is probably temperamental but he has been riding for the Hortons at Coventry and Ford at Poole, maybe just maybe he never felt welcome as much as the "turbo twins" he lives near Rye, there is a great team spirit in the team driven by Nicholls, his Grand Prix days are over, maybe just maybe he has found a home that wants and appreciates him. Time will tell but right now the play offs are in the sights and all bets are off if we get there.

Difficult to say what happened here , were Rye very good or were Somerset very poor, probably a bit of both I think. Both teams came up a division for the first time ,but there was a gulf of class between the two. Its all happening at Rye it seems and it was nice to see a good size crowd attending. The Rye team consists of Harris/ Nicholls both multi British champs, former World number 2 KK, American International rider Wells. This backed up by good pro`s Barker and Robbo.That is proper investment in a team to be competitive. The Rebels had nobody to come anywhere near to the top five to be competitive. This result could have been worse, Harris packed up on the line in heat 6, and Wells packed up in heat 5 which gifted the Rebels points.Apart from that KK scored an effortless max, and Nicholls and Harris were only beaten fair and square by Lawson in an entertaining heat13.

I am not going to go on and on about this rider was poor and that rider was poor the score says it all, the fact that Josh didnt beat anyone says it all, unbelievable.

Personally I am happy with the reasons for going into the top tier i.e. getting more local derbies, not having to travel so far etc etc. , however we must be competitive or you may start losing your support. Gary said early doors he was not going to bankrupt the club to be successful,and I applaud that and i`m on his side with that. The side right from the start was a bit iffy,and with Rohan going backwards even at home the start was a bit hit and miss. Changes were made and initially did ok, but still that bit of class was missing.That really showed last night,we needed a talisman to get us back in it. There was no one. All our guys gave it there all, no more than Wrighty who tries so hard ,but frightens the crap out of me sometimes. Lawson was competitive right through and his heat 13 lowering of Nicholls was a great effort. Missed Jake again, Doolan is a pale shadow of the rider he was. Lewis started brightly but faded away, and was unlucky when Nicholls showed all his experience to stalk him for 3 laps before getting past on the final corner, he was clearly gutted with that. I expected more from Cameron , a second behind Harris heat 1 ,then three distant lasts before beating Robbo in 14. I dont want to comment on Josh , because I have never seen that from him ever, he really was nowhere in any of his races, i`m sure it was just one of those really bad days at the office we all have, I`ve not forgotten how he has pulled us through many matches in the past and am not going to start having a pop over one bad night.

For myself always good to see the Somerset people , no Statto and Dave T, but Bernard and Martin ( with his flag and airhorns ) were on duty keeping us entertained.

Probably will not even follow the joke match tonight at Swindon with all those guests, hope its not another hammering.

Edited by Cliffeboy
  • Like 3

Difficult to say what happened here , were Rye very good or were Somerset very poor, probably a bit of both I think. Both teams came up a division for the first time ,but there was a gulf of class between the two. Its all happening at Rye it seems and it was nice to see a good size crowd attending. The Rye team consists of Harris/ Nicholls both multi British champs, former World number 2 KK, American International rider Wells. This backed up by good pro`s Barker and Robbo.That is proper investment in a team to be competitive. The Rebels had nobody to come anywhere near to the top five to be competitive. This result could have been worse, Harris packed up on the line in heat 6, and Wells packed up in heat 5 which gifted the Rebels points.Apart from that KK scored an effortless max, and Nicholls and Harris were beaten fair and square by Lawson in an entertaining heat13.

I am not going to go on and on about this rider was poor and that rider was poor the score says it all, the fact that Josh didnt beat anyone says it all, unbelievable.

Personally I am happy with the reasons for going into the top tier i.e. getting more local derbies, not having to travel so far etc etc. , however we must be competitive or you may start losing your support. Gary said early doors he was not going to bankrupt the club to be successful,and I applaud that and i`m on his side with that. The side right from the start was a bit iffy,and with Rohan going backwards even at home the start was a bit hit and miss. Changes were made and initially did ok, but still that bit of class was missing.That really showed last night,we needed a talisman to get us back in it. There was no one. All our guys gave it there all, no more than Wrighty who tries so hard ,but frightens the crap out of me sometimes. Lawson was competitive right through and his heat 13 lowering of Nicholls was a great effort. Missed Jake again, Doolan is a pale shadow of the rider he was. Lewis started brightly but faded away, and was unlucky when Nicholls showed all his experience to stalk him for 3 laps before getting past on the final corner, he was clearly gutted with that. I expected more from Cameron , a second behind Harris heat 1 ,then three distant lasts before beating Robbo in 14. I dont want to comment on Josh , because I have never seen that from him ever, he really was nowhere in any of his races, i`m sure it was just one of those really bad days at the office we all have, I`ve not forgotten how he has pulled us through many matches in the past and am not going to start having a pop over one bad night.

For myself always good to see the Somerset people , no Statto and Dave T, but Bernard and Martin ( with his flag and airhorns ) were on duty keeping us entertained.

Probably will not even follow the joke match tonight at Swindon with all those guests, hope its not another hammering.

A very pleasant and unbiased report on last night and I agree with most.

I am sure Somersets policy has always been continue grow but at their pace and not of others. We wish you luck in the future although not tomorrow.

• Like 1

No doubt he is probably temperamental but he has been riding for the Hortons at Coventry and Ford at Poole, maybe just maybe he never felt welcome as much as the "turbo twins" he lives near Rye, there is a great team spirit in the team driven by Nicholls, his Grand Prix days are over, maybe just maybe he has found a home that wants and appreciates him. Time will tell but right now the play offs are in the sights and all bets are off if we get there.

TBF he was more good than bad at Coventry and I think you'll find Coventry fans have more good, positive, find memories and views of the guy than bad. As stevebrum is happy to remind people he was dropped last on a few season ago but has been back and had a good season since. The BV fans only had good things to say about his time there and while Birmingham fans may not have much good to say about him they never saw the best of KK, Bjarne or Harris, the 3 "star" number 1s they had in their time in the EL suggesting it was more management than riders.

Once you get a happy KK and he starts scoring points it tends to continue. That first meeting maximum was pretty huge for seeing him turn things around, to have scored another since means, IMO, you have the good KK back. I wouldn't be surprised if he averages 9+ for Rye House.

TBF he was more good than bad at Coventry and I think you'll find Coventry fans have more good, positive, find memories and views of the guy than bad. As stevebrum is happy to remind people he was dropped last on a few season ago but has been back and had a good season since. The BV fans only had good things to say about his time there and while Birmingham fans may not have much good to say about him they never saw the best of KK, Bjarne or Harris, the 3 "star" number 1s they had in their time in the EL suggesting it was more management than riders.

Once you get a happy KK and he starts scoring points it tends to continue. That first meeting maximum was pretty huge for seeing him turn things around, to have scored another since means, IMO, you have the good KK back. I wouldn't be surprised if he averages 9+ for Rye House.

He was embarrassingly faster than any other rider on the night, miles in front. His signing could really open the door for the Rockets if they can get fourth.

Enjoyed last night more than last week, the racing was a bit better despite the score.

They really need to do something about the inside line though, if it was ripped up a bit it would improve the racing immensely.

• Like 1

Sacked on 2 different occasions by Coventry as well.

It's clear he has poor attitude over in our top flight league.

Any team that signs him is taking a risk year after year. It just depends what KK decides to turn up at any one time.

One thing we can finally put to bed is that he always ups his game for Poole. He doesn't.

Enjoyed last night more than last week, the racing was a bit better despite the score.

They really need to do something about the inside line though, if it was ripped up a bit it would improve the racing immensely.

I agree It was a better meeting than last week, but that wouldn't be hard would It!.

Few things on last night. KK I have no idea why he performed so badly with Poole but having seen a lot of him in his time at Lakeside he hardly seemed the most animated team player around, his average didn't approach what it should have been either but lets not get too excited about last night. That Somerset team has a poor a 1-7 than you could wish to see. Had he got less than a maximum against those riders (Lawson apart) he would have been slated.

One thing very apparent was his attitude in and around the pits, he was first out along with Barker to congratulate team mates and seemed as happy as i have ever seen, maybe its the new surroundings and things going well for him personally. I thought it was a poor move bringing him in but i eat humble pie so far.

Favourites for the playoffs? No way. Rosco would be mad to pick anyone one else other than Rye given the way they have hammered us at every opportunity.

As for the size of crowd it was nowhere near the first couple of meetings and i heard quite a few people talking about picking and choosing which meetings they will attend in the coming 10 days, obviously most will plump for the Poole match with the reduced admission but the Kings Lynn meeting could well suffer.

• Like 1